⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Worst Actor/Actress?

Johnny Depp?

Seriously, if there's an "eccentric" role to be played, no big deal, we'll just get Johnny Depp to play it, right? He's weird, he'll do it, right? But when it comes to actual acting, can he do it? Not so well. Sorry, the man is extremely over-rated.

Some of his facial expressions are a little repetitive, but he has a massive range of characters. The Libertine, Finding Neverland, Chocolat, Donnie Brasco, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, etc are all really solid performances and none of the characters he portrays are what I would call particularly eccentric. Well, maybe 'The Libertine'.

Besides which, it's more difficult to act a character that is far separated from your actual self than it is to just read lines in your own voice, with your own mannerisms.

Depps portrayal of Raoul Duke/ Hunter S Thompson is some of the finest acting I've ever seen. It's cartoonish, outrageous, but that doesn't make it any less impressive.

Try delivering the fast, rambling dialog with a cigarette holder hanging out of your mouth constantly.

Some of his characters don't resemble him as a person at all.

Isn't that the whole point of acting?

I agree with alot of the ones that were already mentioned but ill add some i didnt see

actors:
matthew mcconaughey
vin diesel
paul walker

actresses:
jennier lopez
angelina jolie
renee zelweiger
kirsten dunst

I don't think Nicolas Cage would've had the chops for Hollywood if he wasn't a legacy (he's Francis Ford Coppola's nephew, I believe?), but to say he has no talent at all isn't exactly accurate. I do think his selection of scripts doesn't always make good use of his talent. Specifically, he's too low key to make a good action star, IMHO. I like him in a lot of his serious non-action roles, though. 'The Adaptation' is still one of my favorite movies of all time.

You people are fucking crazy!

Depp may be overrated but he's far from terrible.

I don't think Nicolas Cage would've had the chops for Hollywood if he wasn't a legacy (he's Francis Ford Coppola's nephew, I believe?)

Cage changed his name from Nicholas Coppola before starting his film career so that people wouldn't make that assumption and attribute his success to his uncle... I guess it didn't help.