• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Worried to take my SSR's again after doing Coke on Friday (bad interactions?)

Gullygirl

Greenlighter
hi there, this is my first time posting so im sorry if its in the wrong thread. I've been taking 50mg's of Sertraline for about 5 months now. Friday night I got drunk and stupid, took a xanax and then did about 5 or 6 lines of coke. I know youre not supposed to drink on SSRI's let alone take a quarter of a xanax and do coke but when i get drunk all my good choice making skills go out the window. I hadn't done coke in quite sometime but whenever i do its usually because someone at the party offers it.

Saturday i felt pretty rough, hungover and just plain out of it. I got up cleaned the house and felt okay but then i went out to dinner with some old friends and told them about my night, they then scared the shit out of me and told me i probably could of died by mixing all those things together and im lucky my heart didn't stop in my sleep. I havent taking my SSRI's since friday out of fear of a bad interaction.

Sunday i grew more and more anxious, i had a few heart palpations and some chest pain that was most likely from anxiety but i went to the ER anyways. i was too scared to tell the ER doctor about my coke use on friday but did explain that i was having chest pains and heart palpations. He did and EKG and also preformed an ultrasound on my heart. He said both the EKG and Ultrasound looked perfectly normal and that I was suffering from nothing life threatening. He gave me some Tylenol for the pain and sent me on my way, saying it could just be inflamation of the tissues around my ribcage.

the problem is i am still scared to take my SSRI's in fear that maybe the coke and xanax are still in my system and will interact badly somehow and my heart will stop. i definitley wont be doing this again, i just got engaged have a beautiful child and dont want to risk any of that for a fun party night out.

just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience on this, all suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

The xanax and ssri shouldnt have any problems interacting. And
same goes for coke and xanax. As far asi know the only reason you shouldnt drink with ssris is it doesn't help your therapy and may lower it's effectiveness. I've also never heard of cocaine and ssris stopping someone heart. Actually that sounds incredibly nieve. I think the only symptoms your experiencing are all anxiety related because of what your friends said. You should be fine to take your meds.

I took SSRIs with copious amounts of alcohol, benzos and coke most days and I never had any major reaction. You will be fine to carry on taking SSRIs now but in the future I'd refrain from mixing benzos and coke and alcohol with both.

Mixing SSRis and alcohol is bad because alcohol is a depressant and interferes with your recovery from your anxiety or depression (not sure what you're taking it for).

You're good.

You went to the ER really? You're completely fine, it's probably not healthy but my best friend is on Sertraline & does Alcohol, xanax and meth a couple times a week.