Votes: 4 5.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 33 42.9%

• Total voters
I have been playing for months now and i'm only level 52... what the fuck are you talking about a 'short game' ? I haven't even gotten to F'in outlands yet! I guess maybe if you crack out for 24 hours a day 7 days a week 12 months a year then yeah, it might be short, for the rest of us with lives and shit to do this game takes for fucking ever...

i'd love to find a priest for our clique... so i could stop healing and start kicking ass in these dungeons. the only problem i have with the game is that you need to group up to do the really interesting stuff, and most of the time you get some idiot kid who is rude, tries to steal all the stuff, etc. when you play with good people its the most fun game i've ever played though.

MoonlapseVertigo said:
I have two characters, a 70 warrior and a 32 Paladin, and I'm Horde on Tichondrius.

Tich horde here too!

I just like PVP'ing on my mage. I get bored with the PVE grind aspect of the game, killing scripted computer controlled mobs etc... so I don't mess around in dugeons or any of that. but the pvp part imo requires a lot more strategy and it's a more dynamic experience. playing an mmo for the pvp probably sounds kind of wierd, but i like the character customization you get from gear, and i like the economic aspect and playing around on the auction house. i know i'm not alone with these sentiments.

I have a 70 troll mage that i've had a lot of fun on, but after messing around on a new undead mage alt for a couple weeks i like everything about the undead better. character animations, spellcasting, racials etc. just seems more suited for a mage. so that guy's level 36. i started an undead rogue who's at 25 right now too. i'm just casually leveling those guys up, no real rush.

i gave up heroin and oxy after a few good years of use, taking care of life now. i don't play WoW around the clock or anything, just an hour or two a day tops maybe, but i find it a nice temporary escape from the boringness of the drug-free "real life grind", going to work and school without being jammed all the time etc... sometimes an hour or two of WoW just hit's the spot.

peace

i did my first instance in the deadmines the other day with my friend

lol didnt realize i was doing an instance

lvl 25 today thanks to swerz help

fucking horde!

atm im just running around killing all the lowbie horde that always seem to kill ladyinthesky, shes gettin into it.. she has a 25 druid and getting more use to it.. Me, a mage, destroys everything in sight and gets bored easily so i go on CS:S and beat up 10 yr olds.. :)

Swerz said:
atm im just running around killing all the lowbie horde that always seem to kill ladyinthesky, shes gettin into it.. she has a 25 druid and getting more use to it.. Me, a mage, destroys everything in sight and gets bored easily so i go on CS:S and beat up 10 yr olds.. :)

mages are so much fun...except against warlocks though! :\

hopefully my opinion on warlocks will change though once i level this rogue to 70 ;)

i just love this game

southparkWOW.jpg

started yesterday lol im a lvl 6 hord orc rouge that plays on magtheridom

omgz.. and I have 20 level 70s that do entire raids by themselves while I play XBox 360..

There is one a good series of articles from game designer Jeff Vogel. He has several entries about why he isn't a fan of MMORPG's despite his job in creating them.

I think I have quoted article #6 below but the rest can be found linked at the bottom of:

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/810/810730p1.html

That being said I have nothing against MMORPGs myself. I played WoW until my fingers bled for around 50 days total /played. It can be fun, but in the end I sold off my character for some real cashmoney because I just didn't have the time to keep going with it...

What Your Warcraft Life Will be Like

At this point, if the press releases are to be believed, then like eight billion, kajillion people are currently playing World of Warcraft. Soon, an expansion for the game will be released, and fresh hordes will be sucked in. And many other consumers will play its competitors, like Vanguard, Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings Online and other similarly doomed products.

You will figure out the weaknesses of bosses, learn to handle large groups of attackers, and spend your precious leisure time with some of the dumbest people on God's green Earth.

So, if you haven't played a massively multiplayer game yet, you will soon be the only one. Loser. And, since you're probably feeling left out and are considering experiencing the massively multiplayerlyness for yourself, this is a rough, informal guide to the various stages of your time in fantasyland will be like. Forewarned is forearmed.

All of these games have a standard progression - alone to few to many. In other words, as time progresses, you will need to work with larger and larger groups of people if you want to gain power, glory and shiny armor that shoots out little sparky particles and glowing skulls.

In the beginning, you will be a noob - alone, shivering and afraid, with no armor or weapons to speak of. You will be quarantined in a beginner's area, where you will slap haplessly at your keyboard, drool on yourself, and kill wimpy monsters that you can handle. You will get and complete quests to kill 10 goblin toddlers or gather 70 bricks and take them to Farmer Joe so he can complete his pile of bricks.

As time goes on, you may notice that other people are around, beating up the same toddlers and grabbing the same bricks. You may team up with them, in quivering little groups of two and three. You will start learning about the other sorts of characters and their capabilities. You will learn the chat shortcuts and acronyms (like LOL = Laugh Out Loud and NOOB = you). You will learn not to get up to go get a Coke in the middle of a fight, FOR GOD'S SAKE.

As you gain levels and power, you will find yourself pushed to be in larger groups, needing to work together better to fight tougher foes. You will meander up through the levels, realizing that, even at its best, the game is kind of tedious. And, if you want to continue, you will have to put some real hours in and spend a bunch of time playing with other people.

At this point, you may decide that you have had enough of this fun, quit the game, and get on with your life. We will assume that you don't.

Also, at this point, some people will get really, really into tradeskills. This means that you buy a fishing pole, stand on the shore, and spend hours catching the same fish again and again. We will leave those people here.

At a certain point, to do interesting things, you have to get a full group (i.e. five or six people) group together if you want to see the exciting stuff and get the better treasures. Of course, you can stay by yourself just killing toddlers and collecting bricks, but then you might as well be fishing. Why play the game if you don't try to have real adventures and be a hero?

So now, you learn to work in a full, unified group, taking on challenging dungeons and encounters. You will figure out the weaknesses of bosses, learn to handle large groups of attackers, and spend your precious leisure time with some of the dumbest people on God's green Earth. Some people are just bad at games. They don't know it. But they are.

In any other sort of game, I could start out playing someone competent and immediately do stuff. In role-playing games, I have to prove that I deserve to be competent by enduring tedium. Then it lets me do the heroic stuff. And multiplayer games are like that times 10. Anyone who ever spent an hour in World of Warcraft killing 50 goblin chiropractors to collect 10 chiropractor shins knows what I am talking about.

I may play one again someday. All I need is a huge surplus of time oppressing me that I need to kill with extreme prejudice. And, until that happens, unless a game can be finished in under 10-12 hours, I'm not interested.

And the games I write are no better. They do exactly the same thing. Sure, it might be cool to make a game where your character starts out a level 50 badass and then just trashes bozos. But it just wouldn't sell as well. The addictive, statistic-increasing, time-eating quality isn't the problem with these games. It's the point.

I'm tired of starting a new game and being a loser. I'm tired of running the same errands to prove myself. The next time I enter my fantasy world, I want it to not assume that I'm a jackass.

So now, thinking about playing an RPG just makes me tired. I may play one again someday. All I need is a huge surplus of time oppressing me that I need to kill with extreme prejudice. And, until that happens, unless a game can be finished in under 10 to 12 hours, I'm not interested.

Next, I'll talk about the thing that every RPG has and everyone hates. (Hint: trash.)

Jeff Vogel
Spiderweb Software

i played for about 4-6 months and got bored, so i didn't renew.

my mane characters name was pretty sweet: N Khan VIII

he was one of those taurus creatures (whatever they're called).

I'm a level 50 Undead Rogue on the Medivh realm.

This game has ruined my social life and sleeping patterns . . . but I wouldn't have it any other way.

^ do you stay up till like 4 am everynite lol im addicted n i just started like 8 days ago

L2R said:
my mane characters name was pretty sweet: N Khan VIII

he was one of those taurus creatures (whatever they're called).
my guild wars character is OBEY THE COW GOD