Votes: 4 5.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 33 42.9%

• Total voters
I know alot of people think its nerdy... but then again so is posting regularly on a forum... So who wants to start a BL guild? I gotta vent

i play Guild Wars
you guys have fun paying subscription fees

dont think that'll happen...most of us r already dedicated to a guild (my main and alt are,lock and pally respectivly)

Can anyone explain what the point of Wow is except to waste massive amounts of time and money?

Johny Boy said:
Can anyone explain what the point of Wow is except to waste massive amounts of time and money?

what's the point of any hobby?

it's entertainment. that's all.

my brother convinced me to give it a shot this week with a free trial disk. i made a human paladin, but i haven't played too much yet.

JerryBlunted said:
my brother convinced me to give it a shot this week with a free trial disk. i made a human paladin, but i haven't played too much yet.

pally worst class for a newbee. it has alot of ups and downs and if u dont know MMORPGS u will be lost IMO.

Then again someone told me warlocks are very hard to play with and im a master of my craft!

Lane said:
what's the point of any hobby?

it's entertainment. that's all.
I don't know I tend to enjoy games and hobbies that require more skill then spending lots of real money on a charecter or where your prowes in the game is dependant merley on how long you have subscribed, rather then any actual skill or co-ordination.

I've seen many turn to the dark side and flip over to MMORPG and it's not pretty.

Johny Boy said:
I don't know I tend to enjoy games and hobbies that require more skill then spending lots of real money on a charecter or where your prowes in the game is dependant merley on how long you have subscribed, rather then any actual skill or co-ordination.

I've seen many turn to the dark side and flip over to MMORPG and it's not pretty.

no its a LONG ASS game...thats why i play

^^ WoW is not a long game.. in fact it's one of the shortest MMOs I've ever played. Hell, I'd say Zelda for the Wii is longer than WoW.

How do you spend lots of money on a character? It costs $15 a month to play the game. That is like going to one movie at a theater every month except it can provide literally unending entertainment and is interactive.

As far as not taking any skill.. Yep, you're right. Not all MMORPGs are like that though. The reason they don't want skill involved in WoW is it would hurt the people who don't really understand how to play games.

Most people don't want to play an MMORPG to be challenged in a traditional video game sense. They play to make friends and feel like they're part of a community. That sense of community can come from in game friends, guilds, or just being a part of WoW.

I thought WoW had promise and was going to be a great game until the expansion came out. I was thinking the expansion would be 10x harder, the new skills would be 10x more interesting, there would be 10x as many items that actually mattered at the max level, and 10x as much regular PvP since everyone would be on one small continent.

However, it's easier from 60-70 than 50-60 is. The skills are bland and offer no new game play or tactics. The items are still in "sets" so everyone looks exactly the same and you go through "tiers" of equipment rather than each item being something useful or unique. The PvP is still stupid, repetitive, instance runs where people all wearing the same "set" or maybe one set above or below the other person fight and everyone knows who is going to win based on equipment and classes in the instance on each side. Whoop de doo..

I'm waiting for Warhammer Online. Hopefully it will be able to break the WoW bubble and reintroduce real MMORPG games where skill can matter. It doesn't bother me in WoW that everyone follows each other, same equipment, same leveling path, same talents, same everything. What bothers me is that you literally CAN NOT do something semi-unique. If you figure out some way to level better than someone else they'll remove it from the game as soon as they notice. Better that everyone is forced to play at the level of the retarded soccer mom who has cyber affairs in WoW than let some people do things better or faster cause they thought of it.

i have heard alot of MMO pros hate the "shortness of the game" and simplicity......they tried to get newbs to play also and not just hit the pros...and my hats off to em!!

i like that i can play here and there and lvl decently (played for bout 5-6 months almost at 70!!) and i dont have to play all the damned time (stupid ass EQ...dumbass got married....psst)

I have two characters, a 70 warrior and a 32 Paladin, and I'm Horde on Tichondrius.

WoW is quite a fun game, but I can see how it can be easy to get sucked in. It's taken me a year and a half to get where I am, as I only play when I have spare time, and I've already been sucked into a MUD when I was younger, and don't want to repeat the experience.

However, I have friends who plays for hours every day, and it impacts on their day to day life way too much imo. To get the good stuff, items wise, you have to join raids of 10 or 25 people, and grind them night after night for yonks. I've only done a few, and honestly, I can't be arsed doing them. I'll stick to the normal 5 man runs that only take an hour or two.

That said, it does take skill to be good and play your character well, each character class being fairly different. You can really tell the difference from someone who knows what they're doing and someone that can't tell their arse from their elbow.

Well, I have officially succumbed to the WOW pipe. I'm at level 22 with my human paladin on Nordrassil. If anyone else is on that server whisper me sometime, I'm Jerryblunted (of course).

I don't have time to play every day, but I haven't really felt like I was losing out on too much as the game is pretty well balanced to prevent more advanced players from ass raping the newbies.

even my kids play. 4 and 11. i don't let them abuse it, just an hour or so at a time.