PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Wondering what to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.

newdimensions

Greenlighter
I'm a newbie to psychedelics - only ever experienced cannabinoids and salvia. I've also been practising meditation for a few months now, and have had some pretty intense experiences.

Anyway, I've been interested in delving into the world of psychedelics, but what with the illegal status of most traditional ones, I haven't had a chance to try any. Recently I've been reading about the 2C-* compounds, and some sound pretty interesting. I might be able to get some soon - particularly 2C-E, 2C-I, or 2C-T-2.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest to me which I should start with - if you think I'm even ready for this at this point. I might be able to try some of these with a friend at someone's house for the day, but I might not, so I'd like to know if these are the kind of things I could take a small dose (say 5 mg) discretely in my room at night, and experience them to myself, or will I be too out of it to stay in my room and inconspicuous to the family. I know it's not the ideal setting, but I'm really curious about these substances, and would be willing to stay at a low dose for now if that'll make it manageable.

I've read that 2C-E is very introspective, which I like, but then I've also read that the body load is tough. Do you think it's worth spending my money on, or are is the body load too tough for most people?

Now, 2C-I sounds pretty nice, I'd say it's the one I'm most likely to try. I've heard that it's not as authentic and truthful feeling as 2C-I, but it might be worth trying anyway as an introductory experience.

2C-T-2 I haven't heard too much about. I've heard it's a gentle, introspective experience, but it'll also make you throw up. If you've tried this, what do you think about it?

I'm going to reiterate, because I guess it's my greatest concern, will I be able to take a low dose of any of these at night, in my room, and be able to enjoy it without freaking out, acting loudly and waking my family? Or is that just a terrible idea?

If you're going to start with a phenethylamine*snip* the 2c-'s are also only 'technically' legal, that is they don't technically violate anything, because they are not specifically outlawed, however they are (probably) covered by the analogue act which persecutes the use of any analogue of a traditionally illegal drug.

No "What should I take?" threads also means no answering them by telling people what they should take ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on your personality. If you have the preparation and knowledge, beforehand, you can drop a 10 strip of Cid in your room at night. My first psychedelic was LSD and I know a huge amount of people say the same. before the RC market, there were shrooms and Lucy.

I think the answer to your question is going to be "pick whichever looks the best to you, most fun, and that you can get access to"

Can you drop low doses of these at night in your room without waking your parents? Yes, I have done every chemical on your list in said conditions. You can probably do the same with high doses.

Pick whatever looks fun.

Hi, Newdimensions - Welcome to PD and BL :)

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest to me which I should start with

That would be a no, I'm afraid. "What should I take?" threads are no allowed on BL and this would be one of them so is about to close.

On the bright side, we do have a thread that skirts around actually advising people what they should take but may well be helpful too you - check out The B&D Beginner Psyches Thread and feel free to ask further questions in there or the thread relating to the substance you are interested in. The one question nobody can (or should) answer is the one quoted above really - advice on various aspects of psyches but not advising to take any of them cos that's entirely for you to decide.

Check the linky above and the masses of info in the PD Index (linky in my sig or the top of the forum) and other threads that may well be helpful - The First Time Tripper threads, perhaps. Read up, research and maybe try asking more specific questions cos nobody can know what you may find valuable or not - that's up to you to decide :)

Status
Not open for further replies.