• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Withdrawing from methamphetamine please help

Blavlanamebla

Greenlighter
Hello I am withdrawing from daily Crystal meth use couldn’t even tell you how long I suppose 4 months sounds about right and there’s so much mixed info and different experiences out there I was hoping someone has had a similar experience to mine and could help at least alleviate my fear that it’s not just me.
bare with me because the worst symptom I’m having is confusion, I always called them brain zaps but now I’m not sure if you have ever forgotten to take your psych meds or cold turkeyed them then you would know (especially effexor) its extreme confusion when I wake up don’t know where I am (I’m in my bed) how I got there how to form sentences then I take my meds and vitamins and the confusion lessons (at least enough for me to use the internet)
I am currently taking the following to help get through this withdraw: 300mg magnesium, 12 capsules of kratom, 10 600mg gabapentin, 60mg propanalol, 2 pills that are supposed to contain L-dopa, and 100mg seroquel something in there is helping with the confusion but it was so bad this morning it took my an hour to find my husbands number in my phone when I woke up and he’s at the top of my calls phone numbers and text messages…now I just feel kind of blurry which brings me to my vision it is also blurry my vision had become horrible as if I suddenly need a strong glasses prescription also seeing double Anyways I fear this post is getting away from me as I’ve said can’t really think straight, so if anyone has any tips or similar experiences they could share any meds that might help (should I try Wellbutrin?) please respond or message me I honestly could use someone to talk to openly about this I’m on day 2, maybe 3? can’t remember. im extremely lucky my husband is helping the way he is, I had to quit my job I loved because I wouldn’t have been able to take the time off fuck don’t want to start crying so I’ll end this.

are you sleeping much? supplements are ok, but i believe in getting most vitamins from food, are you eating? and crying is good, but i understand, i stuff alot in, glad you are reaching out, many will advise with best possible advice, its just hard for me to recommend anti depressants , hold on and know soon you will feel better for whatever that means, now

Yup eating plenty and sleeping plenty but I ate and slept plenty while using as well so it wasn’t like I needed to make up for it like I know some people do still couldn’t stop losing weight though , trying to eat actual meals since I normally live on fast food and the seroquel is helping with sleeping, kinda was hoping I could just sleep through the crappiest part ive detoxed from a 14 year opiate addiction before I was kinda hoping this would be cake 😂 should have known better right?

many of us can say...we should have known better, but dont beat yourself up ok? i do wish you could sleep through all of this, your emotions are raw , so be good to self and pleased you have a support system, a lot of us didnt,wish you healing every day, you have exp with opioids so hold on ok and know, your body is fighting for you

Last edited:
Hello I am withdrawing from daily Crystal meth use couldn’t even tell you how long I suppose 4 months sounds about right and there’s so much mixed info and different experiences out there I was hoping someone has had a similar experience to mine and could help at least alleviate my fear that it’s not just me.
bare with me because the worst symptom I’m having is confusion, I always called them brain zaps but now I’m not sure if you have ever forgotten to take your psych meds or cold turkeyed them then you would know (especially effexor) its extreme confusion when I wake up don’t know where I am (I’m in my bed) how I got there how to form sentences then I take my meds and vitamins and the confusion lessons (at least enough for me to use the internet)
I am currently taking the following to help get through this withdraw: 300mg magnesium, 12 capsules of kratom, 10 600mg gabapentin, 60mg propanalol, 2 pills that are supposed to contain L-dopa, and 100mg seroquel something in there is helping with the confusion but it was so bad this morning it took my an hour to find my husbands number in my phone when I woke up and he’s at the top of my calls phone numbers and text messages…now I just feel kind of blurry which brings me to my vision it is also blurry my vision had become horrible as if I suddenly need a strong glasses prescription also seeing double Anyways I fear this post is getting away from me as I’ve said can’t really think straight, so if anyone has any tips or similar experiences they could share any meds that might help (should I try Wellbutrin?) please respond or message me I honestly could use someone to talk to openly about this I’m on day 2, maybe 3? can’t remember. im extremely lucky my husband is helping the way he is, I had to quit my job I loved because I wouldn’t have been able to take the time off fuck don’t want to start crying so I’ll end this.

Hi @Blavlanamebla

Sorry you are going through this. I've been through some horrible withdrawals, but they've been coming off downers (alcohol, benzos, oxy). I've stopped meth cold turkey a couple of times after months of daily use and found it relatively easy compared to the downers. So I'm not much help am I 😐 I think these things depend a lot on individual brain chemistry.

During my most recent battle with alcohol last year (which was absolutely crazy) I'd tell myself what @Robi said basically -- that my body was fighting for me, so I need to keep my mind out of it as much as possible.

Obviously sleep is the best for this, but when I couldn't sleep (which was most of the time for months!) I'd try to just be grateful for things like my nice quiet room and comfy bed to lie on. I thought about homeless people a lot and how horrific withdrawals must be for them 😕

Hang in there..

Abbey x

ive cold turkeyed off meth once before but that was after one month daily use and it was cake I slept for a day then was ready to go this time around was longer and about 4 times the amount so I was prepared for it to be more difficult it’s really just this confusion that’s getting me, but I agree compared to opiate withdraw (400-600mg methadone use) this should be nothing for me I just need to get through the first week and (hopefully) the fuzziness will lessen I am beyond lucky I have an amazing husband who’s taking care of the kids and didn’t leave me for relapsing or for being a crazy bitch while detoxing 😂

Hi @Blavlanamebla

Sorry you are going through this. I've been through some horrible withdrawals, but they've been coming off downers (alcohol, benzos, oxy). I've stopped meth cold turkey a couple of times after months of daily use and found it relatively easy compared to the downers. So I'm not much help am I 😐 I think these things depend a lot on individual brain chemistry.

During my most recent battle with alcohol last year (which was absolutely crazy) I'd tell myself what @Robi said basically -- that my body was fighting for me, so I need to keep my mind out of it as much as possible.

Obviously sleep is the best for this, but when I couldn't sleep (which was most of the time for months!) I'd try to just be grateful for things like my nice quiet room and comfy bed to lie on. I thought about homeless people a lot and how horrific withdrawals must be for them 😕

Hang in there..

Abbey x
I also just noticed the tank girl pic LOVE it I have her first 4 comics framed in my walkway ♥️

I also just noticed the tank girl pic LOVE it I have her first 4 comics framed in my walkway ♥️
Cult Classic Pain GIF

How cool! I just have a ton of pics saved. I often use them as avatars online and get asked about them by people who haven't heard of Tank Girl. I think what the hell is wrong with you? Haha.

get well Blavlana, we just hope to at least bring a smile to your face`hug

For me there's no such thing as meth withdrawal only coming down.

Get a few beers and get some sleep. I promise when you wake up "withdrawal" won't be on your mind.

Since this forum came back, about time someone says the truth? I had this in the pharmaceutical version of this.

I suggest repeating "Reverse Psychology" to get rid of the withdrawals that cause telepathy.

Tbh, I felt like I got a orgasm and felt it telekinetically through the mind almost all times I did methamphetamine. Besides if it taste like battery acid for some wierd reason, you know how it goes. This isn't like any other drug that produces euphoria.

Did you know that Delsym cough syrup from Over the counter at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart has amphetamine in it? I personally cut my methamphetamine in half in aspects of addiction because it felt just as long! Try long duration alternatice substances. Make sure you know what you take has a peak of atleast 12 hours, and feels just like methamphetamine the first few times to backstab the receptors and trick them.

So first week into my mission to quit Crystal meth, after SIX DAYS of what felt like withdrawal NOT a come down, the severe confusion got the best of me and I finally folded and used so as to finally know who I was or where I was, or ya know be able to take care of my kids. Then feeling terrible about myself finally reached out for help (from my family) and got the answer I had been searching for… My confusion and inability to think was thanks to my crippling ADHD I had been self medicating, since I did meth about it (hehe old timey doctor joke “there’s ghosts in your blood you should do cocaine about it”)my ADHD unmedicated is having a field day in my brain, so I got on the computer (temporarily fueled by aforementioned meth) found a doctor who believes in harm prevention and willing to work to medicate my ADHD properly and I’m hoping to be on the road to a future where I actually have vitamin B in my blood and won’t have old scabby witch hands. This brings me to my question, first if anyone has had a similar experience I would love to hear about it so far it just appears to be me and my formally assumed crazy but obviously misunderstood mother. Second I’ve always been medicated with adderall instant release for my ADHD with some non stimulant meds embarrassing themselves every once in a while mixed in, is anyone on a different stimulant medication for ADD/ADHD that they might recommend over adderall? Just for the interest of science…(reposted in here because you guys have been so awesome, I wanted to keep you updated)

So first week into my mission to quit Crystal meth, after SIX DAYS of what felt like withdrawal NOT a come down, the severe confusion got the best of me and I finally folded and used so as to finally know who I was or where I was, or ya know be able to take care of my kids. Then feeling terrible about myself finally reached out for help (from my family) and got the answer I had been searching for… My confusion and inability to think was thanks to my crippling ADHD I had been self medicating, since I did meth about it (hehe old timey doctor joke “there’s ghosts in your blood you should do cocaine about it”)my ADHD unmedicated is having a field day in my brain, so I got on the computer (temporarily fueled by aforementioned meth) found a doctor who believes in harm prevention and willing to work to medicate my ADHD properly and I’m hoping to be on the road to a future where I actually have vitamin B in my blood and won’t have old scabby witch hands. This brings me to my question, first if anyone has had a similar experience I would love to hear about it so far it just appears to be me and my formally assumed crazy but obviously misunderstood mother. Second I’ve always been medicated with adderall instant release for my ADHD with some non stimulant meds embarrassing themselves every once in a while mixed in, is anyone on a different stimulant medication for ADD/ADHD that they might recommend over adderall? Just for the interest of science…(reposted in here because you guys have been so awesome, I wanted to keep you updated)
glad you did

I too get the brain zaps they are pretty scary but they will go away with time. Mine were so bad it would almost throw me into vertigo.

Any ad drug could be dangerous combo with stims.Thats a lot of drugs.Quitting cold turkey meth isn't painful(at least for me),but psych.component is very strong.May be some drugs are essentials in the beginning.For sure is a lot of fight.Wish you sucess.