• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Winning the war on Benzo's!

When I went to detox it was six days of phenobarbitals. As I got into the car after I left I kept hearing sirens and was in another world. By day 15 I thought the red carpet in my room was the Lake of Fire and as I was sitting on the edge of my bed I thought at any moment God was going to thrust me in there.

I had two grand mal seizures. The docs said at detox that it takes about a week to get off benzos. They’re in it for the money.

When I was at the ER I had another seizure. I was shot up with Ativan and in there a week. Then I was moved to a Psych ward that was encouraging me to come back off the klonopin. I did and was off of it Cild turkey for three months until I fired the doc got back on it and wean for like ten months.

I don’t have any withdrawals today.
First it's September 25th 2019 and I can happily say I'm still winning this war :)

Dam man I have to give you the upmost respect for making it through going back and then recovering again knowing what you were in for. It sounds really bad but my whole mind set during and the only reason I continued is that id never be able to make it this long again ( this thought process started within 2 days in) so it's either continue riding it out it has to get better soon or sadly i really thought this too it was kill myself but I can't go back. I held this mindset for a very long time as in months. Id notice little things slowly being better as the months went on and that gave me the fuel to keep fighting. Oddly throughout the entire experience I did not actually think about relapsing not even for a second. Which for how unbearable it was is truly a blessing.

What was really strange was that alien feeling. I remember going back home after rehab and it feeling like it wasn't my home even though I've lived here my whole life it was similar after time when I could finally try to spend time with friends I felt like I wasn't the same person like someone switched brains with me or something. I can definitely feel what you were saying in this post benzos recovery really is Its own brand. Anyway hope this reply finds you well and that you're still fighting the good fight.

Be safe out there