• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Will white GFJ mess up my drug test?

MatthewMouse

Greenlighter
Im prescribed Vicodin for chronic pain. I've been drinking white grapefruit juice to enhance the pain medication (and yes it really works wonders)
I get drug tested on Monday. Will the white grapefruit juice mess up the test? When my doctor tests me the results show that I've been taking hydrocodone, and sometimes it shows up as morphine or hydromorphone.

I'm worried that it will show that I haven't been taking my vicodin......my last drink of WGFJ was an hour ago. Should I stop today and just take the vicodin without WGFj?

Also, I had Mikes hard lemonade yesterday. Do you think that the alcohol will show up? I'm a husky man 250 lbs

Advice please? Thank you!

I doubt white grapefruit juice will show on a drug test. As for alcohol, only of they specifically test for alcohol's metabolites, which would show up to 4 days after a drink, but I seriously doubt they test for that. If he's testing to see if you're taking your hydro,he's probably testing only for the hydro.

There's no drug testing questions, but the reason that you have morphine and hydromorphone is that they are metabolites of hydrocodone.

I don't think they test for alcohol in drug tests and even if they do be honest... It's one fucking Mike's hard lemonade. You're an adult and know what your limitations are on drinking and how to avoid combining your meds and drinking.

Um, no test I've ever heard of tests for grapefruit juice

And why would they? Grapefruit juice is *juice*, for goodness' sakes! It's not illegal, it has no recreational value, and while yes it can enhance certain substances through modifying how fast substance is used through enzyme manipulation it's still a common drink/breakfast item

If your doctor would ask about grapefruit juice --"sure! I love it with breakfast!" Most people don't know/understand all the enzyme stuff so he wouldn't expect you to

I don't understand why you said you were worried about your Vicodin not showing. If you are taking it, it/it's metabolites will be present.