• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will past Methamphetamine use render Adderall/D-amp inneffective for therapeutic use?

Znegative

Bluelight Crew
So I've got my first appointment with my psych doctor tomorrow, he already knows about some of my past history, that I've been diagnosed with ADD and GAD etc.. I already know I'll be getting some Clonazepam, (off topic) and I'm pretty positive that I'll be walking away with a prescription for Adderall or Dexadrine. My question is this- for the past year (and much of the year before that) I had been using methamphetamine via IV on an almost daily basis. It's been two weeks since I've shot any meth or done an amphetamine of any kind. My shots were never huge (by comparison to my friends)-I would say I'd usually do at most .1 in a shot and often much less (.03-.05). I'm aware clearly that there is a cross tolerance between methamphetamine and Dextroamphetamine, and that meth is converted into regular amphetamine in the blood (I believe this is correct?)- That being said, I have no idea how fast methamphetamine tolerance drops as I used it at least every other day, and I'm also not quite sure how much stronger Methamphetamine is mg-mg than Dextroamphetamine, I've always assumed it was around 2-3x the strength though. Given the fact that there's been a two week period of abstinence from all amphetamines, would I feel the therapeutic effects of Dexadrine or Adderall? If I get the script at all, I'm not sure how much control I will have over the dosage but I'll obviously be aiming for as high as I can get (30mg IR for Adderall), but at the same time don't want to push it if 15 or 20mg will do and that would give me a better chance of acquiring my meds. If anyone has any input, would appreciate it, my appointment is in less than 24 hours, I'd truly appreciate it. To clarify, I am not trying to ask advice from anyone on how to manipulate a doctor into getting drugs, I've been a fiend for some time so I know all about that already and it's really not my goal anyway, I know I benifit from these medications from past experiences and don't plan on taking more than what is prescribed to me.

If you've been keeping your meth dosages small, adderall should still work at those dosages. Try 15-20 mg and see. Especially after a break of 2 weeks.

What really screws up tolerance is doing large doses.