• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will 1mg of suboxone (single dose) block oxycodone?

Bag84

Bluelighter
Hi guys. Long time reader first time poster. Before anyone says anything I’ve searched the forums and found similar questions but mine is a little more unique.
A little history, about 4 years ago I would take oxy/hydro and 10mg would get me pretty good. Well after a while I went up a bit but not much. In 2019 I started suboxone at a high dose (16mg a day) after a very short time I realized that was way too much so I just dosed 4mg a day and saved up the rest. Anyway last summer I stopped the suboxone after a short taper down to .5mg a day, went back to oxy cause I felt it was easier to get off. My tolerance has went up so it takes about 35mg to get a feeling but the thing is I would only take it once a day. Now I have to take it every 4-6 hour just not to feel sick (mostly this extreme anxiety and horrible out in my stomach and benzos don’t help at all). So this after I felt terrible and took 1mg of sublingual suboxone strip. No I know it has a long half life and had to take a few days off before but that’s when I was taking it every single day, Not a one time single dose. I’m wondering does anyone know how much of an affect it would have on my oxy if I took it tonight (roughly 10-12 hours later)

Don't mix bupe and oxy as almost any amount of bupe in ur system will block the oxy, its a waste of oxy. I'd give the bupe at least 24 hours to get out of ur system before u dose with oxy.

Don't mix bupe and oxy as almost any amount of bupe in ur system will block the oxy, its a waste of oxy. I'd give the bupe at least 24 hours to get out of ur system before u dose with oxy.

I agree. It's not going to completely block the effects, but you can pretty much count on a blunting of the positive effects that you're after. I would wait 24 hours at least otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment, I feel.

Hi guys. Long time reader first time poster. Before anyone says anything I’ve searched the forums and found similar questions but mine is a little more unique.
A little history, about 4 years ago I would take oxy/hydro and 10mg would get me pretty good. Well after a while I went up a bit but not much. In 2019 I started suboxone at a high dose (16mg a day) after a very short time I realized that was way too much so I just dosed 4mg a day and saved up the rest. Anyway last summer I stopped the suboxone after a short taper down to .5mg a day, went back to oxy cause I felt it was easier to get off. My tolerance has went up so it takes about 35mg to get a feeling but the thing is I would only take it once a day. Now I have to take it every 4-6 hour just not to feel sick (mostly this extreme anxiety and horrible out in my stomach and benzos don’t help at all). So this after I felt terrible and took 1mg of sublingual suboxone strip. No I know it has a long half life and had to take a few days off before but that’s when I was taking it every single day, Not a one time single dose. I’m wondering does anyone know how much of an affect it would have on my oxy if I took it tonight (roughly 10-12 hours later)
Single low dose suboxone should be processed in the body the same as a regular opioid antagonist. So no, it shouldn’t block, but won’t do your tolerance any favors

Single low dose suboxone should be processed in the body the same as a regular opioid antagonist. So no, it shouldn’t block, but won’t do your tolerance any favors

It might not completely block the Oxy but it will almost certainly blunt the effects if he doses too soon.

Back in my early opiate days (less than a year in) I was on 1mg a day after not touching any dope for months I ate 150mg of hydrocodone after waiting 36hrs and still hardly felt the "warmth" let alone catch a nod

Lemme get this straight. You went on subs over a minimal oxy habit. Done fucked up there man

Lemme get this straight. You went on subs over a minimal oxy habit. Done fucked up there man
Yes. Huge mistake. I didn’t know what I was getting Into. I have such a fear of it now. Unfortunately I trusted a suboxone doctor to “know what’s best” for me. But a couple months after taking it I found out what I was really getting into. Thank a lot to bluelight community.

Never tried it, but I doubt a single measly milligram would block any more than would taking any other strong opioid before a dose of oxy