• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Why would a kratom extract come with black pepper in it?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Doesn’t black pepper inhibit the enzymes that convert mit to 7-OHM? I just got a really high alk testing extract in the mail and the pamphlet in it says they out black pepper, licorice, and ginger in it to improve bioavailability and decrease stomach discomfort.

Is my information wrong about black pepper?

Doesn’t black pepper inhibit the enzymes that convert mit to 7-OHM?
Yes it does, 3a4. However it probably has a negligible effect on kratom metabolism unless you take high doses of black pepper every day. Enzyme inhibition is generally a cumulative thing.

Kratom itself inhibits CYP3A4, as well as 2d6 and a few other enzymes.

Yes it does, 3a4. However it probably has a negligible effect on kratom metabolism unless you take high doses of black pepper every day. Enzyme inhibition is generally a cumulative thing.

So basically a capsule that is boasted as 132 mg of 70 percent mit means that there is about 92.4 mg mit and 39.6 mg minors?

And if the capsule is 500 mg then the rest is probably useless fillers of licorice, ginger, and black pepper because one black pepper reduces kratoms strength if at large doses so even if it did work it wouldn’t improve the experience and licorice and ginger are likely such small amounts in a 500 mg pill that will not help ppl with nausea either.

So basically it’s gimmicky. I will say the extract came with reputable lab reports tho so at least there’s that and well it was free as a sample so there’s that too. Just don’t want to buy in bulk if it’s a waste.

If you don’t mind me asking what is the most mit you have enjoyed in one dose?

I have a high tolerance and took about 200 mg mit. Trying to see if maybe I should up it slightly and boost it.

Not sure if I can getaway with that tho.

If you don’t mind me asking what is the most mit you have enjoyed in one dose?

I have a high tolerance and took about 200 mg mit. Trying to see if maybe I should up it slightly and boost it.

Not sure if I can getaway with that tho.
I don't really recall. I never used too many extracts. OPMS black shots contain 375mg of 48% mit, so 180mg. Those are pretty strong.

A couple years ago I was taking 40-60g of powder over the course of a few hours of high quality leaf. That's A LOT more than 180mg of mit.

But at that point tolerance (and withdrawal) are insane, and it's overdoing it. Extracts spike tolerance significantly.

Right now I'm only taking 4g per day and getting good effects. It's difficult to resist redosing later in the day, but I'm trying to keep my tolerance low.

Kratom loses it's fun when I take too much IMO. And I really don't want to go through the hellish withdrawals again.

I don't really recall. I never used too many extracts. OPMS black shots contain 375mg of 48% mit, so 180mg. Those are pretty strong.

A couple years ago I was taking 40-60g of powder over the course of a few hours of high quality leaf. That's A LOT more than 180mg of mit.

But at that point tolerance (and withdrawal) are insane, and it's overdoing it. Extracts spike tolerance significantly.

Right now I'm only taking 4g per day and getting good effects. It's difficult to resist redosing later in the day, but I'm trying to keep my tolerance low.

Kratom loses it's fun when I take too much IMO. And I really don't want to go through the hellish withdrawals again.
Yeah I agree that overdoing kratom is not fun or beneficial.

I too usually don’t do extracts because mainly I find that I like the effects of leaf significantly more and I’m not sure why that is. And I’ve had really good quality stuff. So far I have not found an extract that I like more than leaf.

I only got this extract because it’s a very new company and I’m exploring getting into the business. They only do business to business sales and offered me a free sample which they were generous with. They gave me 2 grams of really potent testing powder and then 2 capsules of the mixture with black pepper licorice and ginger.

I didn’t try the capsules but my girl did and she hasn’t felt the effects which is wild. It’s wild because she only takes 1-2 grams of leaf to get effects. Then again she had a full meal about 15 minutes before taking it so maybe that’s why?

I’ve tried the pure extract powder version they sent in a separate zip locked bag and I have to say it’s on par with OPMS black. I sti prefer leaf but I like it considering my tolerance is jacked up.

I probably should take a T break but I don’t want to break for two weeks which is what I see as being recommended on Reddit.

When you take a T break how long do you find is effective at minimum to experience a decrease in tolerance?

Awesome! I can definitely do that. Just two weeks was very intimidating lol. Even though I have never got full withdrawals from it. It’s just that I really like the mood boost and energy and it keeps me off ever else. I’ll try the 2-3 day one maybe longer.

The piperidene chemicals in black pepper are supposed to potentiate kratom. I'm not sure if that's true or not. One time I took kratom with a buttload of pepper and all that I got was extreme heartburn!