• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Why No Respect For Ketamine?

Informer112

Bluelighter
Whenever I tell someone inexperienced to drugs that I've done ecstasy so many times they will respond with oh yeah I've done that too, oh that's sweet, man you're hardcore, what not.

Same with pot and acid.

But with ketamine they all go what's that?

I have to respond with animal tranquilizer because that's what it is. Everyone I've told that I've done ketamine before they all say "wow you're a freak why would you do that" or "are you kidding me, that stuff destroys youre brain more than anything but heroin".

Where is the respect for special k? Is it because it's not mainstream enough or something?

It's not even close to one of my favourite substances, but it's far from as harmful as critics make it out to be.

Even the huge stoners and cokeheads I've talked to have said they would never do it and that I'm crazy for trying ketamine...

Ketamine is used as an animal tranquilizer but it's also commonly used as a human diossociative anaesthetic, especially in children, as it's very safe. It'a myth that it's just an animal tranquilizer and it certain makes people look down on it more (as silly as that is).

And also it's a myth that heroin destroys your brain. Pure heroin actually is quite safe for you other than the very real risk of overdose. Not that I'm trying to say heroin is good to do or safe, but it does not destroy brain cells (nor does ketamine).

Ketamine is used as an animal tranquilizer but it's also commonly used as a human diossociative anaesthetic, especially in children, as it's very safe. It'a myth that it's just an animal tranquilizer and it certain makes people look down on it more (as silly as that is).

And also it's a myth that heroin destroys your brain. Pure heroin actually is quite safe for you other than the very real risk of overdose. Not that I'm trying to say heroin is good to do or safe, but it does not destroy brain cells (nor does ketamine).
Opiates weaken neuronal connections...I'll find the linky....

He said pure heroin, learn to read whole paragraphs before you go and try to prove them wrong. God all I do on this forum is call out dumbfucks

Bluelight is here to help educate people , not insult them when they don't fully understand the subject matter being brought up. You may know more about a certain chemical or plant then the person your responding too , but that doesn't give you the right to call someone hurtful names. Ive found several of the posts you made today had no purpose but to offend someone. Try to be a little nicer in the future :)

L<3Ve & Lite

i'm very interested in trying ketamine, only problem is i can't get my hands on it....damn it. hah

ketamine has a bad reputation because of the whole horse tranq thing, but its actually a very safe drug (as long as your not doing it everyday), its still used in human hospitals, it just has a bad reputation, but now in my area its become extremely popular, getting some tommorow :p

It does indeed have a bad reputation, but strictly speaking, ketamine is not a tranquilizer.

It'a myth that it's just an animal tranquilizer and it certain makes people look down on it more (as silly as that is).

I guess it's the same thing as with DXM, which gets looked down on because it's a cough medicine, and for most people when they hear "DXM" they instantly think of drinking vast amounts of sorbitolized syrup...

Introduce is as a dissociative anesthetic, not an "animal tranquilizer"

xorkoth suggested this above.

It is relatively safe, but at the same time I was unlucky enough to see a lot of really nasty health issues come up in long time users who were able to get away with using too much really pure ketamine. I think it can have a pretty nasty cumulative effect, and it's relatively new appearance means that a lot of it's negative repercussions haven't been well documented yet.

That said, the bad reputation it gets because of being used on animals is undeserved, and it's definitely bothered me. I'm sure a lot of really interesting opioids are used in veterinary medicine too. And a cocaine user looking down on ketamine is silly, since cocaine is more often than not cut with all sorts of rubbish, the product of a violent industry, and produced through a completely unregulated and profit-driven process.

Not that ketamine doesn't get cut with rubbish either.

Ketamine has actually been used in human anaesthesia, medically, for quite some time, as I understand it. It was first synthesized in 1962 as a safer alternative anaesthetic to PCP and shortly thereafter it was used in humans. It's pretty well-documented, unless you're talking about a high level of long-term abuse, in which case there are indeed some bad and unexplored side effects. But casual use of ketamine is quite different from abuse.

additionally, the phrase "paralytic drug" may be more accurate. I suppose paralytic drug administration duty falls to the anaesthesiologist, but ketamine is far different from other anaesthetics.

possibly my favourite psychadelic, many people underestimate its psychadelic value, cause it does make you look like a lunatic when you're on it.. but i have much respect for ketamine allthough i have nearly stopped using it..

It is relatively safe, but at the same time I was unlucky enough to see a lot of really nasty health issues come up in long time users who were able to get away with using too much really pure ketamine. I think it can have a pretty nasty cumulative effect, and it's relatively new appearance means that a lot of it's negative repercussions haven't been well documented yet.

I'll second that. I think it is a great drug if it is treated like the hallucinigen it is and only done occasionaly. However, it's very addictive and I've seen friends go badly wrong on it. Spending their lives in the k hole so to speak. And whatever you might say about it's safety, it aint good for your kidneys or your brain (there is an article on erowid if you want info) + plus its the only drug that actually mimics the effects of schizophrenia.

So basicaly, every now and again at the end of a night of mayhem, or in combination with some other hallucinigen = fine and dandy. A gram a day = the doctor not at bay.

orignally posted by angry little man: God all I do on this forum is call out dumbfucks

sounds like you need to find something better to do with your time if this is too frustrating.

i'm very interested in trying ketamine, only problem is i can't get my hands on it....damn it. hah

It is very hard to get.

I've only gotten my hands on it once, not that I plan on buying it for a second time. People on this forum have nothing but good thoughts on it but when I tried it, it was just a meh for me. Yeah it got me pretty fucking high but it wasn't good or bad, I guess it was okay or pretty good, not like perfect/amazing as I think pure MDMA is.

I think it's perfect when you mix it with a combo of something. Say if you can't go to sleep from the shroom trip you just had or cocaine you did earlier in the day then I would take some ketamine and it would put me out fast.

It is very hard to get.

I've only gotten my hands on it once, not that I plan on buying it for a second time. People on this forum have nothing but good thoughts on it but when I tried it, it was just a meh for me. Yeah it got me pretty fucking high but it wasn't good or bad, I guess it was okay or pretty good, not like perfect/amazing as I think pure MDMA is.

I think it's perfect when you mix it with a combo of something. Say if you can't go to sleep from the shroom trip you just had or cocaine you did earlier in the day then I would take some ketamine and it would put me out fast.

do you think it's easily available at raves?