View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why isn't it working?

WannaMetLucy

Greenlighter
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Last Saturday, I've gotten two tabs from my buddy. I placed under my tongue for about 20 to 30 minutes and then proceeded to shallow. About an hour passed and I began to feel a little nauseous. Nothing unbearable but I can definetly feel something. Two hour pass and as I was playing gears of war, I've noticed colors shift a little. Everything thing else seemed maybe a little brighter but nothing too crazy. I couldn't go to sleep and people were telling that that will happen. Later that night about 4-5 hours later I took about to 6mg of melatonin but only really had about maybe 2 hours of sleep. The next I was tired as hell and when I got home, I went to sleep on 9mg of melatonin. Two days later I wanted to really feel what LSD was like because everyone on it, said it was amazing and I haven't felt in when I initially tried it. So I took two more tabs, didn't feel anything, and then tried a gel tab and didn't feel anything aswell. I placed one more tab under my mouth and was able to go sleep surprisingly. Two day laters I figured LSD just wasn't working for me so i decided that I wanted to try shrooms. I've gotten a 8th of shrooms(gold caps I believe) and didn't feel anything but maybe a slight body high. I then took on paper tab and a gel tab together. Hours later, still nothing. I then took a piece of candy with about 2-3 drops and then 3 tabs. Went out to try to enjoy in the night but didn't feel anything. I took a couple of shots and even a hit of some weed. Nothing. Off the one hit of weed, I've actually felt some considered that I don't smoke. Too hours passed and when I went home I took two more hits and fell right to sleep. Next morning(today), I've token 3 hits and didn't feel shit. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Please don't tell me I didn't get real LSD or it was bunk because people were tripping on the same shit I had. I'm not a big person what's so ever but a 1/8 of shrooms and about 8-10 hits should of had me on my ass.[/FONT][/FONT]

Hello there! :)

Are you on daily meds, particularly antipsychotics, benzos or SSRIs?
You could be a "hardhead" for tryptamines and lysergamides, I know at least one person who doesnt like them but rather prefer any phenethylamine. Have you tried any of the 2-C's or even MDMA - was there good amount of effects then?

Make sure you are not sleepy when doing a psychedelic - I have fallen aslepp on 3 blotters when I was simply exhausted but wanted to see if acid will pick me up - nope, went straight to deep sleep, tabs were wasted.
Another thing with psychedelics is mind set - because the whole tripping process is created by mind that is being "pushed" by a drug. I can see how someone in a rejective negative mood would not enjoy LSD at all.

Also, even after a failed experiment, you gotta wait at least a week before you would get your tolerance back.

Alternatively you can just take 5 hits at once and see where it will take you but I do not recommend doing it if you are not familiar with LSD's action.

the first 2 hits were weak for you but they caused tolerance
2 days later the tolerance had not faded, and 2 more hits would feel like nothing
at that point shrooms would do nothing too
cross tolerance
2 days later still tolerance blocks any effects from either lsd or shrooms

after 2 tabs minimum you have to wait 6 days better to wait 10 days, otherwise any amount you take is a waste.
there is a chart of escalation but I would just avoid getting stuck in tolerance.

As the above poster stated; are you on any antidepressants (ssri, snri, maoi) or antipsychotics? (Seroquel etc) or even benzodiazapines (Valium, Xanax, kolonopin)?

These all have a tendency to alter and/or diminish the effects that psychedelics have on the brain.

Did you eat the whole bag of mushrooms? An 8th (3.5g) is on the low end of an intense tripping dose for the average body weighted person so splitting it up might prove to be lack luster.. You also might try grinding it up into a fine powder and eating it on an empty stomach. This has always worked well for me, I trip way harder when it's powdered. A standard basic weed grinder works well for this

Hello there! :)

Are you on daily meds, particularly antipsychotics, benzos or SSRIs?
You could be a "hardhead" for tryptamines and lysergamides, I know at least one person who doesnt like them but rather prefer any phenethylamine. Have you tried any of the 2-C's or even MDMA - was there good amount of effects then?

Make sure you are not sleepy when doing a psychedelic - I have fallen aslepp on 3 blotters when I was simply exhausted but wanted to see if acid will pick me up - nope, went straight to deep sleep, tabs were wasted.
Another thing with psychedelics is mind set - because the whole tripping process is created by mind that is being "pushed" by a drug. I can see how someone in a rejective negative mood would not enjoy LSD at all.

Also, even after a failed experiment, you gotta wait at least a week before you would get your tolerance back.

Alternatively you can just take 5 hits at once and see where it will take you but I do not recommend doing it if you are not familiar with LSD's action.

I'm on not drugs at all.

I think this is the problem. Only reason why I didn't think it before is because I know a few people who can trip back to back. I will wait about a week be report back.

I think this is the problem. Only reason why I didn't think it before is because I know a few people who can trip back to back. I will wait about a week be report back.

People who can "trip back to back" aren't genetic mutants though - they just use a much higher dose for the second trip.

By the sounds of it you're either naturally tolerant to psychedelics, or (which is more likely) you're getting garbage tabs. A standard dose for a single "hit" of acid should be around 100 µg. The way you describe the effects of two tabs, they were probably less than 50 µg each.

You might also want to wait more than one week for your tolerance to fully reset. Tolerance to the effects of lysergamides is supposed to return to baseline after about 2 weeks.

Also, you said you weren't on any "drugs", but mentioned taking melatonin... just so we're on the same page: lot of "supplements" are still "drugs". St John's wort, for example, is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, and will cause tolerance to psychedelics, just like any synthetic SSRI would.