• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Why is this not working? Using a lot of opiates

Enigma5

Greenlighter
Hello all, I'm brand new here and I have a question for anyone who can help the best they can. I know a gal who took 80mg of methadone yesterday and today has plugged 24mg of dilaudid, sniffed 6mg of the same, and is currently wearing a 100mcg fentanyl patch. Obviously her pain gone, but there was no rush, warmth, or high that everyone speaks about. Does anyone know why? It was all done correctly, and completed all within one hour. Now does this gal just have the tolerance of an elephant, or could this gal have done something wrong, although she was very careful to read up and learned as much as possible. Any suggestions, or possible answers, this gal will take any information at this point. Thank you.

I had the same thing happen on Wednesday with 60mg of hydrocodone--not a thing happened...but I suspect it was from an ariprazole tablet I had taken on Monday morning at five am to potentiate the effects of lisdexamfetamine later that day. This has happened before to me. I take ability and lamictal tablets sometimes when I can't sleep and they TOTALLY kill effects from drugs. Like I go to smoke in the morning and it's like I'm smoking air. Does your friend take any drugs that block ion channels or dopaminergic neurotransmission ie anticonvulsant moodstabilizers such as lamictal, depakote, tegretol, or antipsychotics like risperdal, geodon, ability etc. Anything to antagonize the narcotics? it seems to me she's getting the mu agonism in terms of pain relief but something's blocking the resulting dopaminergic effects like it did to me.