• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants why is swim not addicted to vyvanse?

downerfan

Bluelighter
Swim has been taking vyvance for swims ADD for at least 3 years with brakes during summer time.Swim doesn't see why swims not addicted after that long. Is it possible for you not to be able to get addicted to amps.

Yes it's possible that you're not addicted at all after 3 years near-daily use of Vyvanse. There's no real physical addiction with stimulants. Some people can develop a psychological dependency, get cravings, particularly for shorter acting stimulants, but they wont really get sick if they stop like somebody addicted to downers would. Vyvanse (lisdexamphetamine) should be less addictive than plain amphetamine because of the slower release & extended duration, if you've stuck to using it as prescribed it's fairly unlikely you will develop a problem with it.

This doesn't mean that you couldn't possibly get addicted to amphetamines. Taking low prescribed oral doses of a mild extended release amphetamine is very different to smoking or injecting lots of meth.

Last edited:
your probably psychology addicted, but the physical addiction to stims aren't as bad as the mental ones.

That's the thing I dont like taking it. unless i take a higher dose then prescribed.

im kinda of addicted to adderall/ritalin.

Im so lazy, unmotivated, distracted, cant study, cant work, etc without them

so im addicted to those substances ina way.

but I almost always take with a benzo, a small dose of a benzo though.

That probably means you're at a good dose--just enough to deal with your symptoms of ADHD, not enough to produce a high.

That probably means you're at a good dose--just enough to deal with your symptoms of ADHD, not enough to produce a high.
This.

I took Adderall in low doses the way the original poster did for ADD for about 2 years, with a break during the summer, or when I was not in school like on the weekend or during holidays, and I did not get addicted to it.

I hated stims soooooo much and took them on RX for 2 years when I was in high school. When I got off them it was the best day of my life. No WDs just felt SOOOOOOO much better.