• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why is meth use looked down upon?

I think that it's mostly association with impoverished rural dwellers. I would also say that it is a tad more likely to confer the type of binging that leads to psychosis and declining health than other stimulants on account of its long duration, but this danger is not qualitatively distinct from what's seen with other stimulants.

ebola

Someone nodded out on H doesn't usually fuck with other peoples shit while they are high. Meth heads will stay up all week and fuck EVERYONES and their mom's shit up.

Both H and Meth use have violence associated with it, but with H it's more about getting the H (and WDing skinny ass junkies aren't exactly intimidating) and with meth, it's about getting the meth, as well as turning violent and psychotic on those closest to them (not all methheads of course), and it just gets worse and worse over time.

Increased meth use in rural America is associated with a myriad of increased domestic violence, child abuse, torture and neglect, property damage, rampage violence, irrational violence, impulsivity, and altogether just more carnage.

Not to mention the cat piss smell... that alone.

Methamphetamine is not significantly more dangerous than dextroamphetamine, which is dolled out like candy to millions of kids and adults worldwide. The problem is that people who use the former often use it for purposes of getting high (i.e., using more addictive ROAs), usually for multiple days, all while neglecting personal health. Understandably it gets a bad reputation.

One Reason is because once you're addicted, you start doing stuff you thought you would never do in life just to obtain a bit of meth.

Someone nodded out on H doesn't usually fuck with other peoples shit while they are high. Meth heads will stay up all week and fuck EVERYONES and their mom's shit up.

Both H and Meth use have violence associated with it, but with H it's more about getting the H (and WDing skinny ass junkies aren't exactly intimidating) and with meth, it's about getting the meth, as well as turning violent and psychotic on those closest to them (not all methheads of course), and it just gets worse and worse over time.

Increased meth use in rural America is associated with a myriad of increased domestic violence, child abuse, torture and neglect, property damage, rampage violence, irrational violence, impulsivity, and altogether just more carnage.

Not to mention the cat piss smell... that alone.

I know it's associated with all that but at the end of the day it's the people's decisions that led to neglect and violence.
I know meth impairs judgement but really if you have enough self control you can avoid all that.
I mean I use and I'm not violent or impulsive or inflict damage on any property.
Some of that is from psychosis and Of course anythng done in a psychosis is not a mans choice but you can also have a psychosis on any stimulent cocaine, adderal, Ritalin, mdma, any of the rc's so why is meth taking all the hate.
Again shouldn't people be judged on their actions not their habits?
What if there's a tweeker that smokes daily or even iv but is involved in community service not court ordered on their own will or is a doctor saves people's lives or something of that nature that helps people and comes off as a good person or a "saint" but has a secret addiction.
Let's say you knew this man and the great things hes done or does and you find out about his addiction would you look at him any different?
Would you then see him as a thief or violent person or as skum like most users are seen as?

The sad truth is yes people would. If his work found out he uses they would fire him. If his friends found out would they abandon him? Maybe. Some will some wont. And of course the truth about his addiction will spread like wild fire because of people's egos they need to put down someone to lift themselves up to look as a better person to feel superior. I Know people will begin to not trust him. If anything happens hell be the first to blame. He might even be banned from where ever he helps out and does community service.
Now why is he getting the bad rep from meth when he is nothing like the other tweekers you hear about in the news or see on the streets.
I know it's a bad habit but he shouldn't be judged on his habit he should be judged on his actions.
Plus there are many crack heads that do exactly everything you said was associated with meth but still IMO and in my area meth is considered worse and you want to stay away from those people but crack heads aren't seen as as bad.
The stories I've heard about H addiction seem the same as crack and meth deceiving people to get more money or thieving or robbing and I heard of the anger associated with opiates.
So why is meth considered the worst?

Yes but couldn't you say the same thing about crack heads or iv coke user or a junkie all three can reach that point in addiction.

I know it's associated with all that but at the end of the day it's the people's decisions that led to neglect and violence.
I know meth impairs judgement but really if you have enough self control you can avoid all that.
I mean I use and I'm not violent or impulsive or inflict damage on any property.
Some of that is from psychosis and Of course anythng done in a psychosis is not a mans choice but you can also have a psychosis on any stimulent cocaine, adderal, Ritalin, mdma, any of the rc's so why is meth taking all the hate.
Again shouldn't people be judged on their actions not their habits?
What if there's a tweeker that smokes daily or even iv but is involved in community service not court ordered on their own will or is a doctor saves people's lives or something of that nature that helps people and comes off as a good person or a "saint" but has a secret addiction.
Let's say you knew this man and the great things hes done or does and you find out about his addiction would you look at him any different?
Would you then see him as a thief or violent person or as skum like most users are seen as?

The sad truth is yes people would. If his work found out he uses they would fire him. If his friends found out would they abandon him? Maybe. Some will some wont. And of course the truth about his addiction will spread like wild fire because of people's egos they need to put down someone to lift themselves up to look as a better person to feel superior. I Know people will begin to not trust him. If anything happens hell be the first to blame. He might even be banned from where ever he helps out and does community service.
Now why is he getting the bad rep from meth when he is nothing like the other tweekers you hear about in the news or see on the streets.
I know it's a bad habit but he shouldn't be judged on his habit he should be judged on his actions.
Plus there are many crack heads that do exactly everything you said was associated with meth but still IMO and in my area meth is considered worse and you want to stay away from those people but crack heads aren't seen as as bad.
The stories I've heard about H addiction seem the same as crack and meth deceiving people to get more money or thieving or robbing and I heard of the anger associated with opiates.
So why is meth considered the worst?

I'm just letting you know why meth has a bad rep, really bad rep. Of course it's not fair to people who use meth responsibly and don't fuck with others, but meth impairs judgement a little more than most drugs in that area. At least with alcohol u'll eventually pass out, not stay up for a week straight and possibly experience paranoia and then psychosis.

Let me just ask one question: would you feel more safe and chill hanging around the average methhead on a binge, or the average dopehead on a nodding binge?

Meth + people = a kinda well deserve bad rep compared to other drugs TBH. Like I said, it's not fair to all meth users, but such is life.

So even after a psychosis. Rock bottom has not shown his face. I didn't hit rock bottom, I went thru it. lol. When you have cop's saying he's needs to go thru it without any help....and suffering with no advocate and my poor choices plus not caring. I was in this type of tunnel vision where I just thought I was wasting away....Man, I tell you! when you come back from hell. It is so refreshing to realize that everything is made for us. Not to be abused or taken for granted.......I guess all those beating's I recieved from my dad actually did work since I was so hard headed........I mean if you have or are still going thru a psychosis. do you have to wait until your brain is mush until you quit?. That makes no sense dog!

i thought meth was good.
i mean it was good for the fighter pilots and soldiers to help kill.
meth should be praised and revered in our money hungry, consumerist, plastic, fake, fucked up society.

shame on those sheep that believe the hype.

Last edited:
It' very simple:

A meth addict on a run will start off fine...by about day 3 they're getting pretty fucking unstable, unpredictable...by day 4 they're commited to some absolutely insane endeavour (like modifying a shotgun to fire as an automatic- he did it, it was INSANE and he nearly killed himself when the barrel exploded- but oh well)...by day five they've having full blown psychotic hallucinations...and then they're threatening you with a fucking crossbow. Or a pistol. Or a soldering iron. Or a buck knife. A lamp, whatever.

Seriously- why do all fucking meth heads have samurai swords and crossbows? I live in a country with very little gun crime- the only illegal pistols I've ever seen here, all owned by meth heads.

A heroin addict on heroin is a healthy man. Anyone who hasn't slept for 5 day shouldn't be trusted with anything by anyone.

I know you're asking a question and I'm just giving you more of the anti...but this is all just lessons I've learnt from dealing with people on meth. I have friends who use meth, I have friends who have been addicted to meth, I don't shun them because they choose to use meth, I shun them when they're ON meth. Too much drama, too much bullshit, too much fucking HEAT. Proximity to meth = proximity to arrest.

Seriously, fuck tweakers. Heroin makes you a sleepy apathetic dick, but you're not a threat to anyone. I know this is not applicable to all users- but I'm not taking that fucking chance. I have no interest in being arrested simply because I'm in the room with some dickhead who robbed a service station up the road with a screwdriver. True story.

its not that simple; not all tweekers are a threat of armed robberies with screwdrivers.

Last edited:
its not that simple; not all tweekers are a threat of armed robberies with screwdrivers.

I specifically said that it doesn't apply to ALL tweakers- but if you associate with tweakers you are gonna be in a lot of rooms with people who HAVE commited such impulsive violent crimes.

I'm not scared of tweakers on a personal level...I avoid them mainly because of the drama...but the reality is too many people I know who have had nothing to do with meth have been arrested 100% off the back of fuckhole tweakers. For instance:

* Stoner (not a dealer) sells tweaker a couple of grams out of his bag, friend of a friend, blah blah...unfortunately the guy has been robbing jewellery stores in town and the cops are all over him, he gets reported as being sighted at poor stoners house, so his door gets kicked in and our poor stoner friend goes down for supply of cannabis (had over 28g)

* Guy agrees to sell tweaker some E, tweaker says he needs to go grab cash- will be 20 minutes. Walks up road and robs service station with screwdriver, takes the whole fucking till, is arrested walking up road and immediately rats on E guy. Woop.

* Tweaker burns down flat making shake-n-bake IN HIS ROOM.

* Atleast a dozen robberies- fucking insane, turn up on your doorstep with a hammer at 3am and taking shit. The most retarded robbery of this type was for SPECIFICALLY for undrinkable homebrew.

* Tweaker holds female flatmate hostage, threatens her with rifle- holds her for about 6 hours until he's talked out. He had the shit beaten out of him for that.

Most heroin addicts here just don't get up to those sorts of fucks. I admit that most of the people doing these things are also chronic alcoholics who would be doing insane shit regardless of the drugs involved. But meth just encourages this sort of behaviour...I have watched these mopes go from being pretty reasonable people to disgustingly violent wannabe 'gangsters' thanks to nothing more than a few bowls of meth.

The question is- 'why is meth looked down on?'. The answer is simple- meth use, particularly meth addiction, has a STRONG association with crazy behaviour amongst the drug culture. I have seen heroin addicts talking all puritanical about meth while digging in their arms with needles...and from my personal experience, I've gotta give them that.

I'm not denying the violence and crime associated with ANY drug addiction- I'm simply pointing out the fact that the effects of meth are more likely to lead to violence/insanity than heroin.

A heroin addict on heroin is a healthy man. Anyone who hasn't slept for 5 day shouldn't be trusted with anything by anyone.
Heroin makes you a sleepy apathetic dick, but you're not a threat to anyone.

One of these things is true. I am a former meth addict and a somewhat(?) recovered dope fiend.
I've been up for 5 days on tweek and I know what was going on in my head and it was not good. I've been around people that have been up for a week and I've been threatened and in fear for my life as well. Threatened with guns, knives, etc. I got you on this part.

However, I would not discount the danger of a dope fiend. Sure, a lot of us/them are dreamily apathetic when they're in the midst of a shot. But come time to re-up and there's no money? I've seen junkies do some fucked up stuff for cash. I've done some fucked up stuff for dope money. Junkies are no puffballs.

Hey, speak for yourself. I'm pretty much the dictionary definition of a puffball.

Haha. Alright, so opi8's a puffball, but the rest of us are badass as fuck. Or something like that.

I'm sure that it's already been said, but I think it has something to do with, y'know... these "mountain people," for lack of a better term, with missing teeth and hunters caps cooking up meth in coca-cola bottles and blowing themselves up. lol

It's a cheap, easily-manufactured stimulant (relatively, at least, in comparison to crops that need to be grown overseas, processed and then exported) that really got popular in the poorer, more rural parts of the U.S.

probably easier and better for the economy to just invade afghanistan anyway. let them towel heads do all the work for the mighty merica.

something to do with, y'know... these "mountain people," for lack of a better term, with missing teeth and hunters caps cooking up meth in coca-cola bottles and blowing themselves up. lol

It's a cheap, easily-manufactured stimulant (relatively, at least, in comparison to crops that need to be grown overseas, processed and then exported) that really got popular in the poorer, more rural parts of the U.S.

Put succinctly this is it. ^

And all you meth heads already know this..

But for sure if I partook in the fine tradition of collapsing all my veins banging meth, I'd feel like everyone was picking on me too. And if you do meth using any ROA regularly and are otherwise pretty functional, and you've been able to keep it up long-term; thank your parents for good genetics and yourself for good self control. I might be talking to no one at this point... but hey ;)