• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Why is heroin a bad painkiller?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Lets disregard the topic of heroin being laced with fent and how variable it makes the chances of overdosing occur--on top of horrible life-ruining misery from the addiction lol. Its fast-acting morphine, and morphine is said to be an incredibly effective painkiller if not one of the best. At one point in America it truly was a prescribed substance for painful injuries or chronic pain. It was too enticing for patients to control their use whatsoever in most cases, thus they moved on to oxycodone in which killed more people than wars combined smh. Does it have to do with heroin just being too fast acting? Thought any type of morphine would be a great pain relief tool. I do get why someone in constant pain would see heroin as their only answer if no doctor is willing to prescribe a less destructive painkiller like percocet.

Lets disregard the topic of heroin being laced with fent and how variable it makes the chances of overdosing occur--on top of horrible life-ruining misery from the addiction lol. Its fast-acting morphine, and morphine is said to be an incredibly effective painkiller if not one of the best. At one point in America it truly was a prescribed substance for painful injuries or chronic pain. It was too enticing for patients to control their use whatsoever in most cases, thus they moved on to oxycodone in which killed more people than wars combined smh. Does it have to do with heroin just being too fast acting? Thought any type of morphine would be a great pain relief tool. I do get why someone in constant pain would see heroin as their only answer if no doctor is willing to prescribe a less destructive painkiller like percocet.
Steady supply of reliable product would be the main problem

Heroin is an excellent pain killer. When I had a hip injury a couple years ago I came home, smoked some heroin and the pain was gone in like 15 seconds. The reason it isn't used clinically is because of the stigma.

Last edited:
Diamorph is a common surgical prescription in UK hospitals. I thought the "war on drugs" had removed it from Australia but then found it in the PBS restricted list, so it's the same downunder.

Fyntinol is a better pain killer for acute pain , I hit a trash truck in 2017 dislocated hip shattered pelvis and I got 600 micro grams on the squad ride to the hospital it was strong but short acting and the pain was so bad nothing was really going to stop it until the got my hip back in place in traction then it was just surgeries and trauma

Fyntinol is a better pain killer for acute pain , I hit a trash truck in 2017 dislocated hip shattered pelvis and I got 600 micro grams on the squad ride to the hospital it was strong but short acting and the pain was so bad nothing was really going to stop it until the got my hip back in place in traction then it was just surgeries and trauma

Heroin is an excellent pain killer. When I had a hip injury a couple years ago I came home, smoked some heroin and the pain was gone in like 15 seconds. The reason it isn't used clinically is because of the stigma.
Me to in 2017 it was heroin mixed with fyntinol then and some pure heroine around it made me able to walk with a walker

After my hip injury, heroin was the only thing that killed the pain long enough I could walk a little bit until my hip replacement nearly a year later

An awesome painkiller that the world just wasn't ready for in the 19th-early 20th century. Now that it's illegal, despite stronger available painkillers, it stays that way because it's easier to ban a drug then to unban a drug.

I've heard either: "its the best painkiller" or "the worst painkiller" so it must've just been people referring to the addiction potential. It actually rly sucks that something as effective as people are saying pretty much ruins your entire life. God forbid the knee pain is gone but suddenly you notice symptoms of being a raging junkie.

Do remember the history behind diamorphine being prescribed in america. The doctors were mortified once they tried to get their patients off heroin as the prescribed painkiller. The patients couldn't stop nor could any of them tolerate a second of the wtihdrawal. Its so easy to just blame the junky patients but in reality, the USA medical system is always partially very much at fault for creating a terrible opiate epidemic in our country. Probably even the world lol. They'll never take credit for it and live in denial as usual, but deep down I can't help but feel they know.

To my knowledge it is a good painkiller, used in the UK and others. I heard something about it not creating as much histamine activity as other opioids, I think it was. There was some reason that makes it preferable in certain cases. But not in US.

My former GP who was British was going to prescribe me diamorphine aka Heroin for pain once. I damn near shit myself when she mentioned that. Unfortunatly it had been taken off the market so i got dilaudid instead
Dilauded far outshines heroin for IV abuse….

So for OP the fact that heroin is very addictive isn’t the reason it’s illegal and oxy and dilaided aren’t.

Likely had to do with pharma companies lobbying to schedule heroin so they could patent newly discovered semi synthetics like oxy and control the market but that’s just a guess

the USA medical system is always partially very much at fault for creating a terrible opiate epidemic in our country. Probably even the world lol. They'll never take credit for it and live in denial as usual, but deep down I can't help but feel they know.
Powerful opioids are either legal or decriminalized and sold over the counter or easily accessible in many countries all over the world and they do not have out of control fentanyl epidemics

The opioid epidemic is a symptom of a broken society that has lost its values of community and family….not availability of opioids existing.

You see many poor countries where family and community are very strong and opioids are legal or basically legal and dirt cheap everywhere and ppl don’t use them like in the US.

Powerful opioids are either legal or decriminalized and sold over the counter or easily accessible in many countries all over the world and they do not have out of control fentanyl epidemics

The opioid epidemic is a symptom of a broken society that has lost its values of community and family….not availability of opioids existing.

You see many poor countries where family and community are very strong and opioids are legal or basically legal and dirt cheap everywhere and ppl don’t use them like in the US.

Where can I live in one of these places because it sounds really great from what you just informed us on? We should all relocate. Totally agree but it doesn't apply only to opiates--even though you definitely probably know that. Any substance that's illicit has that psychological end result where the user is "getting high" from literally doing something forbidden/frowned upon in society (on top of actually getting high). Substance use for illegal narcotics is like rebellious in nature. I think Oregon has the right idea by just skipping to treatments/having nurses test your heroin without any legal issues. That's what the USA really needs. if you look at California, the people there smoke marijuana probably less on average. Marijuana has been legal there for an eternity so the situation is intriguing for even a soft narcotic like bud.