• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Why is all that black on bluelight today? In memory of a friend ...

That was a beautiful tribute :) Great job to all who made it possible!
Best wishes to all that knew him..
RIP Quicksilver :(
~LP

Beautiful.
Amazing tribute to what I'm sure was an amazing human being (aren't we all, in one way or another?).
I never spoke to Ryan, I only vaguely remember reading about his passing a year ago... Yet this memorial brought tears to my eyes.
RIP Ryan.
You and everyone who knew you will be in my thoughts today, that much I'm sure of. You've gone where we all secretly long to go, back to the oneness of being that we are all born out of. May you find peace, and know that one day we will all join you.
Much love.
-Ryan

RIP Quicksilver
Please Be Careful everyone, we don't want to lose another person...
This is a except from Becoming Me written by Kimmy in Words a long time ago. I find it relevant in a way.
I wasn't supposed to live through this.
I was supposed to have as much fun as I could, push the limits as far as they would bend, fly as close to the sun as possible before being consumed in its fire. Laugh in the face of Death...until it laughed back at me. Took me under its dark wing into the black-out from which you don't wake up, the high from which you never come down.
The art of self-destruction and it's beautiful finale.
Until something fucked up my tragically doomed destiny, my dark inner heroine's romantic demise.
I decided to live.

Please learn from this.
-buzzy
[ 12 February 2002: Message edited by: buzzy ]

RIP Ryan :(
i just want to say though that I didn't put this together - E-girl compiled it and did the flash and such for that. all i did was write a poem a year ago. :)
thanks again to e-girl and doctorlove for compiling the site. I can't believe it's already been a year since this happened.
Mella

That is one of the most beautiful things i have seen on the net, since well... since ive been on the net!
its so lovely to send a tribute out over the www, where millions of people can see it and learn from what it has to say/show. it sure has reminded me that life is so fragile and precious, that bad things can happen to good people and that life isnt always about the next party or pill. to think that on a day where i celebrate a persons birthday, people mourn a persons day of death.
my heart goes out to all quicksilvers family, friends and the people who knew him... lots of love on this very personal and sad day.
be strong.
Andromeda

I haven't been on Bluelight for very long, so I didn't know Quiksilver. But I just want to say that the memorial was beautiful, and my heart goes out to all of his friends.

It was very touching to see the memorial when i logged onto BlueLight this morning...I was away from the board for a long time and found out about his death a while after...
It is horribly tragic when life is taken in such surcumstances. This Memorial is a wonderful tribute to a young boy's fate and life. Buzzy's quote is also beautiful one, and fitting to the day in which we will all remember Ryan.
~Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
~i was on the site on this day last year when the terrible tragedy was posted. many were upset and posted things in his memory. i remember a stoy posted that day that was written by quicksilver describing one of his xanax/ special k experiences. i never knew him personally, but was touched by the replies and have been very cautious about my partying since. i educate myself from this site and others in order to prevent horrible tragedies such as these. let this be a lesson to us all... and my thoughts and prayers are with every single one of the members of this site and ryan's friend's and family....

the "E-Girl" that helped with the memorial, is that the same Junglist DJ from NYC named E-Girl?

this was beautifully, and very tastefully done.
thank you for reminding everyone, as previously stated, to take it easy, and keep this situation in mind.
r.i.p.

big ups to the creators of this tribute -- very tastefuly done.
ya' know, ever since that thread i wrote about quicksilver http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=019899&p= he's actualy been on my mind alot -- and i was pretty depressed about the whole affair. well, i still am, but now there is a comforting thought in all this: he has passed into legend. bluelight may be a relatively small community, but we have a longer memory than a board full of junkies and stoners should -- and legends never really die.
disciple

I didnt know him, but I'm sad to know he's gone.
Everyone is precious, no matter how tough life gets sometimes...
Be careful everyone, and cherish who you have with you along the journey of life...
My most heartfelt sympathies for any and all who knew or cared about him...