• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Why is all that black on bluelight today? In memory of a friend ...

I am sorry for the loss of a beautiful human being....and I am heartwarmed over such a beautiful tribute from people who obviously know the meaning of compassion and true friendship....Most of all I am awestruck by the amazing group of people on this board who understand that love and light are the only things the bring balance to the sadness in the world.

This is so sad!!!
I've posted the flash intro on our norvegian messageboard PLUR similar to Bluelight. Hopefully people will learn from this tragic incident and appreciate life for what it's worth...

I think we can all learn from this expierance.I did not know Ryan but he seemed to be a smart kid with alot of special friends.Lets learn from this and rember to take it easy because this could of been any of us.I no sometimes we do not all get along on this board but the bluelight community is tight and special.Many props to Ryans friends on bluelight, I know he is watching from above and proud of the friendships he made and all the people he touched by his death and life.(peace)We will never forget you QUICKSILVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Its ironic isn't it...these are the kind of reasons we take drugs in the first place. Good people die when they don't have to. The world doesn't work the way it should so we all have out private pains we treat with drugs. This is a particularly poignant one for many people on this board.
Many people will take away a note of caution from this, which is right and proper. Others however will demonize drugs. While drugs are undoubtedly the cause of many deaths/problems it is important to note that most of these problems are because we don't have the right drug.
There is absolutely no reason why we can't have an extremely euphoric safe drug. Billions of dollars spent to research TVs or videogames or even a cure to cancer when all people really want to be is happy.
While I cannot speak for quicksilver, he may very well be one of those freak calamaties which make life a bitch, 99% of the time drug users die it is because they were trying to be happy or happier. People use drugs because they are not satisfied with their life. This is our fault.
As a society we have the ability to develop drugs to make everyone happy euphoric and well adjusted. To cure the hidden insecurities of even the most confident amoung us. We choose not to do so, and thus as a society are to blame not only for nearly every OD but, possibly worse, every life lived out in quite desperation (who I am stealing that line from?).
To summarize my ramblings. Don't blame morphine for morphine ODs, blame the people who have stoped us from having a better safer drug. Don't blame e for all the brain damage, blame the people who won't let us sell/research indanyl-methamphetamine or other similar compounds. I probably don't have to tell this to BLs but I had a friend who almost ODed and I spent alot of time thinking about it and who I would blame if it did happen. My answer, as you have already read, is that it is those puritanical bastards who make us do this shit in dark basements, restrooms at raves, while denying us cheap, safe, consistant products to use as well as blocking research into safer euphoriants who are to blame.

It's at times like this I realise how much I love this board.
Great tribute guys.
Kevin, hope you're doing OK.
RIP Ryan

I remember reading many of his post..
And i remember when this even first happen.
Now I keep thinking to my self, has it been a year already?
May we never forget our loved ones.