• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Why I bought my daughter heroin - UK, BBC NEWS

quote-anything-which-is-troubling-you-anything-which-is-irritating-you-that-is-your-teacher-ajahn-chah-84-99-94.jpg

And i thank you sincerely for these lessons :)

Lack of compassion? Or the truth hurts?

This, almost without doubt middle-class white woman, got her horse riding 'beautiful' 'very intelligent' daughter's story not only into a national newspaper, reprinted online, but also on a national radio station too.

Attention out of all proportion to the story while others go ignored. I can see where Burnt Offerings is coming from.

There are 250000 heroin addicts in the U.K. Unfortunately not all of them are beautiful, ride horses, or get jobs in the Military Police.

I dunno it's the same over there they always talk about someone who was middle class, well off family and education wise ad used to have a good job. Apparently poor peoples lives matter less go figure 8)

Methadone taken a few weeks atleast to get on here. You have to wait to get a appointment, piss dirty then they adjust your dose. It's really fucked up because this keeps Heroin, Morphine, Dilaudid, etc users on those Opiates longer even when they want to quit. Also i think it's ridiculous that doctors here have to jump through so many hoops to get a license to prescribe MMT that only a few bother getting it. Same with Suboxone here in Canada even though Buprenorphine patches can be prescribed by any doctor. Hell you even need a license to script it here for pain which is why i can't get it for Trigeminal Neuralgia. Stupidly enough i could get Fentanyl patches, sublingual tablets, evanescent tablets etc prescribed to me by any doctor. Too bad i haven't the money to pay for the script

Thanks so much for sharing this. It's refreshing to see someone who gets it and who isn't ignorant and judgmental because they have a chip on their shoulder. I was considering just deleting the whole story tbh due to all the negative and downright hostile replies and not ever post again outside "the dark side" forums. Glad I didn't now.

Love and hugs

F'loki

Just to clarify, my reply wasn't intended to be in anyway negative. I just found it amusing that her husband was so distraught he emailed the BBC, and part of me doubted the veracity of the article. Actually:

When I got home and told my husband what I had done, he was so distraught... for days.

I had not realised at the time, but he emailed the BBC: "Our heroin addict daughter was given a drug rehabilitation requirement, a 7-7 curfew with tag as long as she moved back to our family home. Still unable to get methadone prescribed. My wife has taken her to try to buy some off the street (it's midnight now)."

Is this not a complete contradiction? How did he send that email if he didn't know what happened until she arrived home?

Last edited:
And that too is pathetic. I thought you were better than that.

Sorry to disappoint you. I just disagreed with you though I was too blunt.

My apologies if I've bothered you. I'm done here.

.And as for debating. Yeah debating is fine, but when you start the debate by being hostile and aggressive by calling people names

)

Below is my first reply. Justify your response above. Where have I called names? Have I not asked questions rather then been hostile and aggressive? I challenge context all the time, on every issue. Context counts. That's what I was doing here.

Lack of compassion? Or the truth hurts?

This, almost without doubt middle-class white woman, got her horse riding 'beautiful' 'very intelligent' daughter's story not only into a national newspaper, reprinted online, but also on a national radio station too.

Attention out of all proportion to the story while others go ignored. I can see where Burnt Offerings is coming from.

There are 250000 heroin addicts in the U.K. Unfortunately not all of them are beautiful, ride horses, or get jobs in the Military Police.

In any way, I wish you all the best (despite your nasty nature towards everyone in this thread, that's your suffering not mine, so I can't be angry at you for that).

F'loki

And PS thank you for the lessons :

Wishing me all the best after throwing a lot of abuse and sarcasm at me is not really sincere, even when followed up with a smiley. But thanks for trying.

I have a very reasonable, caring and kind mother who was always there for me as a child and still is to this day. Through addictions and misbehavior we've stuck it out, but I can tell you that she has absolutely no sympathy for withdrawal. She knew for a fact, probably from my telling her, that Opioid withdrawal. is not lethal in normally healthy individuals, except for very rare instances. If she had thought that I might die, we'd have been in the car and on the way to Lawrence, MA, the hood, to buy Heroin from Dominican gangs and she'd probably do the deal herself. She's very Jewish and frugal in all matters.

I just think that there are a limited number of instances in which actually getting a Heroin addict there drugs affects things positively or actually "gets you anywhere". You'll be back where you started, with the same decisions to make once the drugs have run out. I hate to see people sick, don't get me wrong. I'll help my junkie buddy's out here and there when they're really sick and gotta be at work, but this is different. Sometimes you have to go sick. I'm not saying I've never gotten money from my Mother that I later spent on drugs either. I'm saying that she was never involved in the decision making process.

Also, claiming to maintain her until she can receive treatment doesn't make much sense either. If she's truly out of resources, which she must be, than there is no recourse for her to continually be acquiring Heroin. This woman sounds like she comes from a loving family and I'm not trying to stereotype here, nor do I fully understand the situation, but it doesn't seem likely that she'll slip into street work over the course of a few weeks.

I have a very reasonable, caring and kind mother who was always there for me as a child and still is to this day. Through addictions and misbehavior we've stuck it out, but I can tell you that she has absolutely no sympathy for withdrawal. She knew for a fact, probably from my telling her, that Opioid withdrawal. is not lethal in normally healthy individuals, except for very rare instances. If she had thought that I might die, we'd have been in the car and on the way to Lawrence, MA, the hood, to buy Heroin from Dominican gangs and she'd probably do the deal herself. She's very Jewish and frugal in all matters.

I just think that there are a limited number of instances in which actually getting a Heroin addict there drugs affects things positively or actually "gets you anywhere". You'll be back where you started, with the same decisions to make once the drugs have run out. I hate to see people sick, don't get me wrong. I'll help my junkie buddy's out here and there when they're really sick and gotta be at work, but this is different. Sometimes you have to go sick. I'm not saying I've never gotten money from my Mother that I later spent on drugs either. I'm saying that she was never involved in the decision making process.

Also, claiming to maintain her until she can receive treatment doesn't make much sense either. If she's truly out of resources, which she must be, than there is no recourse for her to continually be acquiring Heroin. This woman sounds like she comes from a loving family and I'm not trying to stereotype here, nor do I fully understand the situation, but it doesn't seem likely that she'll slip into street work over the course of a few weeks.

Withdrawal will make people do crazy shit.