Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why don't i go on the "nod"?

HKilo

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I am just wondering if others have trouble going on the nod when using heroin? Everyone else is on the nod, but you just feel a little high. Same heroin, same amounts (often i have larger hits), same habits and yet i can never go on the nod..
There are sometimes when i have nodded out before, but these have been rare considering my daily using and usually only ever occur when i am trying to type, read a book or similar.

I am not a very trusting person, so maybe not dropping my guard has something o do with not being able to nod out with friends. what do you think?

A lot of the time i feel i use heroin to work, it makes me more active than not. I think this is why i have been able to "partially" hide a 20+ year heroin addiction. I get some of my best work done or gear.

I would love to take a shot a nod out when alone some night, and i am not into pills. Any advice to help[ me join you guys in nod land?

Regarding the thread i read on "pure" gear, we have seen this in my area for about 4 years now. It's not pure, just stronger and can go for up to 100 a p depending on who you know.
We may get some good clean gear in the city, but it's always damn expensive :(

I think it's mainly the 20+ years that could mean you can't get a nod on. Do your buddies have such a history too?
It sounds like your friends may just be wishfully thinking and having a hit then chilling out, perhaps not getting a really strong and uncontrollable nod on.

The only thing you can really do about this is having a tolerance break if you can, but please watch out for the reduced tolerance when you do go back!

The main thing that stops me having a nod is thinking about it too much, when I sit down with my dad and light up a cig and just relax and forget I've taken anything (even when I was doing IV h), I'd find I'd nod out a lot. It would be so bad we couldn't watch sports or films together while I was on opioids at high doses. But say if I was eagerly awaiting my stuff arriving and when it finally did I was super excited knowing I was about to experience that incredible feeling once again, I'd shoot up and lay down expecting to nod out and.........nothing. It's half expectation and half the drug itself in my opinion.

TLDR; If you think you'll nod, you will nod. Don't chase it until you OD.

The land of Nod is not really that fun of a place
Depends on your definition of fun IMO.

A large noddy dose of an opiate, a sunny day, a nice field, a good book and a cold beverage is a fun time in my book!

Shame it's so fleeting.

Thanks all for the replies.

@axe battler, yes most using friends have around the same 20+ years using. A tolerance break does sound like a good idea, although always easier said than done

@Oxymuncher, You are spot on, the only time i ever nod is when i don't want to, like at work or with family. It's one of those things, when you want it you can't have it and when you don't wan it you can't stop it, (maybe i should work or hang out with family more, lol)

I dont really nod ethier brother, only time i ever went full nod i also had a minor OD lol it is recently it happened as i i just got released from prison on 04/05/2022 after
serving 2 and a half years prison in nsw australia . Had too big a shot of h and nodded off like an old school junkie lmfao. Im on 90 mg methadone now tho i was on 30 mg methadone daily dose when i got released this year. Opiate treatment programs affect if you nod and so do your tolerance and if you use multiple drugs. Most times i use heroin i also use meth and most times i use meth i also use heroin or fentanly plus my methadone dose and still dont really nod. My nod is just relaxed i guess. Trust me plenty of people dont nod especially us methadonians lol. Also body weight matters too. Ive been injecting meth and opiates for 10 ish years and also am always in and out of prison im fat naturally but methadone and being locked up doing fuck all put weight on me.

I dont really nod ethier brother, only time i ever went full nod i also had a minor OD lol it is recently it happened as i i just got released from prison on 04/05/2022 after
serving 2 and a half years prison in nsw australia . Had too big a shot of h and nodded off like an old school junkie lmfao. Im on 90 mg methadone now tho i was on 30 mg methadone daily dose when i got released this year. Opiate treatment programs affect if you nod and so do your tolerance and if you use multiple drugs. Most times i use heroin i also use meth and most times i use meth i also use heroin or fentanly plus my methadone dose and still dont really nod. My nod is just relaxed i guess. Trust me plenty of people dont nod especially us methadonians lol. Also body weight matters too. Ive been injecting meth and opiates for 10 ish years and also am always in and out of prison im fat naturally but methadone and being locked up doing fuck all put weight on me.
Damn, I’ve only used meth and heroin a couple times and it messed with my circulation a shit ton. I assume it’s pretty hard to nod with that combo especially after 10 years of use. Just be careful my friend as combos like this can have long term consequences to your health. Sorry to sound preachy but this is a harm reduction forum after all. I’m not one to talk as I mix benzos with H all the time which is very dangerous. Be well.

Are you medicated on perscription directed medication by any chance?
This seems to be a very crucial part of "Drugs" not absorbing or reacting in full form these days as you
would exoect they would.

Nr xx

I have never used heroin but i have used just about every prescribed opiate in Canada and i have never got a nod. Ive been using opiates since about 2007 as well

The illusive ole "nod" I dunno I don't get there often, usually if I do it's when combined with a couple of clonaz, a handful of anti histamines or 15 standard drinks...

When it does happen these days it's usually because I'm closer to death than being alive and wake up hours later in my bed or an ally way or in my car and say to my self well that was rather stupid and a waste of my drugs

Sure, everyone wants to get properly stoned. However, make sure it takes place somewhere appropriate. Don't be like me and drive into the back of a large stationary truck while in a company vehicle. Hot weather, alcohol and dope is a pretty good recipe for "nodding". The car was a write off but nobody was seriously hurt. I shudder when I think of what could have happened. After the accident I was incredibly fortunate. I was taken to hospital for mandatory blood tests. This was my first lucky break. The drug tests all came back "not detected". They test for grass, meth and mdma. No test for opiates, I believe this is still the case, even for roadside tests. My blood alcohol was .04. My next lucky break, my license was expired and had been for 20+ years. True. Another lucky break, the cop was human, he wrote me a ticket for driving expired. 20+ years! and driving with undue care. So I never even had to front court. He probably figured I would lose my job anyway and didn't want to kick me when I was down. I didn't lose my job. Lesson here . Join the union. I know a lot of people deride the unions, but when the chips are down and you need an ally, you'll be glad they are there. An interesting aside, I still have a clearly visible impression of V.W on the inside of my forearm. The emblem on the steering wheel and incredible power of the airbag combined to mark me.

Last edited:
i think nodding is extremely overrated. It basically amounts to falling asleep and missing a lot of an experience. Not only that - but to be on the nod, i have to basically be near death. it's not safe. also - that high of a dose tends to create a lot of opioid rage for me. also - people can tell, and you're vulnerable to robbery etc.

after decades of use, i have come to the conclusion that it is always better to use the smallest opioid dose to feel decently, and not push it/push up tolerance. I really think the whole concept of nodding is really overromanticized. just a good ol fashion experience where my pain is less and mood better and i don't worry about dying is perfect imo.