• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Why don't I get a rush from Heroin?

juststl

Greenlighter
I always here about people doing heroin and getting a rush from it and lots of euphoria.. I get that pure china white rock type.. good stuff.. but I never had a rush from heroin.. And not much euphoria.. I just get real mellow and high and nod off like crazy but i've never had a rush from it before..hmm. any thoughts?:?

My beloved dilaudid always gives me a niice rush!

What ROA are you using? If intravenous then I would have no idea how you wouldn't get a rush. In fact the only ROA that never gave me a rush was insuffilation

That being said, maybe heroin just isn't your cup of tea. Consider yourself lucky. Everyone has their favorite opiate/oid.

Could be the grade/cut you're getting, the ROA, etc.

How much of a tolerance do you have? Users with huge tolerance don't always feel the warm, tingly euphoric feeling users with zero, or small tolerance feel. Know what I mean. Believes that's what keeps people addicted...most turn to H when there's no RX, keep chasing that 1st time use feel, etc.

Check the heroin megathread...

I always here about people doing heroin and getting a rush from it and lots of euphoria.. I get that pure china white rock type.. good stuff.. but I never had a rush from heroin.. And not much euphoria.. I just get real mellow and high and nod off like crazy but i've never had a rush from it before..hmm. any thoughts?:?

Yes, indeed. Dillies were my drug of choice if I can put that way. Anything that came after was a distraction. Whether you have a good or bad opiate in your hands, your tolerance may have gone up to the roof.
I never really experienced a rush but I know I expected a lot from what I had been hearing all over my life..

I used to buy top quality heroin and even those did not make me feel as good as relieved as I had felt with previous opiates. In my case I have had pain so it was the relief of the pain plus euphoria. I can never tell.

But it´s Heroin that I most wish when I´m craving. I had always used a lot though. But that´s simply due to the fact I was doing fentanyl earlier..

What ROA are you using? If intravenous then I would have no idea how you wouldn't get a rush. In fact the only ROA that never gave me a rush was insuffilation

That being said, maybe heroin just isn't your cup of tea. Consider yourself lucky. Everyone has their favorite opiate/oid.

I Always I.V. idk I like heroin when i don't have my prescribed dilaudid but just never had a rush.. I get super high and nodding out to the point where my gf is yellin at me to wake up lol.. i'm like i "am" awake im noding!

Could be the grade/cut you're getting, the ROA, etc.

How much of a tolerance do you have? Users with huge tolerance don't always feel the warm, tingly euphoric feeling users with zero, or small tolerance feel. Know what I mean. Believes that's what keeps people addicted...most turn to H when there's no RX, keep chasing that 1st time use feel, etc.

Check the heroin megathread...

Yep your right I love my rx dilaudid and I i.v. everything.. And I do have a large tolerance maybe that's why I get no rush from heroin.. But I still get really high and nod like crazy. Idk (And the H is that pure china white rock stuff..good stuff)

The happens to me, but as I said above it has to do with tolerance and the fact that you are not opiate naive anymore..
You´ve taken stronger stuff and by strong I don´t say codeine or tramadol. Dilaudid is above that, specially if you IV.

I have always IV´d my opiates, whether it was in hospital or in real life. Except for pills obviously. But Heroin, Dillies, Peptine.
All IV´d.

I called it a rush when I feel super good about some opiate. It does matter how others describe you know when you have an effective and strong opiate in your blood. You can feel it.

The white china you refer could also have Fentanyl in it. It makes you nod a lot. But not really euphoric..

Yes, indeed. Dillies were my drug of choice if I can put that way. Anything that came after was a distraction. Whether you have a good or bad opiate in your hands, your tolerance may have gone up to the roof.
I never really experienced a rush but I know I expected a lot from what I had been hearing all over my life..

I used to buy top quality heroin and even those did not make me feel as good as relieved as I had felt with previous opiates. In my case I have had pain so it was the relief of the pain plus euphoria. I can never tell.

But it´s Heroin that I most wish when I´m craving. I had always used a lot though. But that´s simply due to the fact I was doing fentanyl earlier..

Yea exactly! Man I cant wait till I get my next rx of dillies! love em.. everything else is "ok".

The happens to me, but as I said above it has to do with tolerance and the fact that you are not opiate naive anymore..
You´ve taken stronger stuff and by strong I don´t say codeine or tramadol. Dilaudid is above that, specially if you IV.

I have always IV´d my opiates, whether it was in hospital or in real life. Except for pills obviously. But Heroin, Dillies, Peptine.
All IV´d.

I called it a rush when I feel super good about some opiate. It does matter how others describe you know when you have an effective and strong opiate in your blood. You can feel it.

The white china you refer could also have Fentanyl in it. It makes you nod a lot. But not really euphoric..

Yea your right my tolerance is super high my last rx of dilaudid was 90 pills and I Iv'd them in 7 days.. Thats why im doin hroin.. Actually I just did a shot of H and it feels like i did a valium or something lol it wasnt a huge shot but yea.

Yep your right I love my rx dilaudid and I i.v. everything.. And I do have a large tolerance maybe that's why I get no rush from heroin.. But I still get really high and nod like crazy. Idk (And the H is that pure china white rock stuff..good stuff)

Dilaudid reacts weird on me via IV (hospital setting, i don't do needles)...I can feel a burning sensation down my spine, my vagina/head get all tingly weird but then, my heart rate drops really low (28-40). My BP drops really low, too.

Yet, I can snort up to 140mg of Opana a day. Oxymorphone doesn't give me all the jeebies Dilaudid does...isn't that strange?!

Heroin, blah, don't understand the appeal. Shit almost killed me once..not sure if it was as good as they say it was, or cut bad. Either way. Took 2 days to get back right after a line.

When you say a "rush" whst exactly do you mean? Maybe its regional but i never associated a rush with smack.

Well obviously it's going to be very hard if not impossible to give you an answer to that because there are too many factors of which we are unaware. However I would hazard a guess that since you get a decent rush from dillies, it's not your subjective interpretation of what or how good a rush is, nor an issue of your metabolism or tolerance. So the most likely explanation that I see is that you're getting bad heroin or else it's very cut.

Oh yeah - another thing is that Dilaudid (hydromorphone) is actually more potent than heroin both by weight and by receptor affinity. So if you have even a relatively small tolerance to Dilaudid, you're gonna feel less of a rush from H although still get buzzed. The reason for this is because the D has down-regulated your receptors and if you've taken it relatively recently, will be bound to some of those receptors. When you inject the heroin, it rapidly crosses the blood brain barrier, and gets converted into morphine and 6-mam immediately - both of which are what bind to the recetors. Heroin itself actually has a very weak binding affinity to mu receptors, if at all. So somebody with a whole bunch of healthy and unoccupied mu-opiate receptors scattered all over the brain and spinal cord will very rapidly have a flurry of morphine and heroin metabolites binding to them, leading to the subjective sensation of a rush - nothing more than empty receptors very rapidly being filled then activated. If you have fewer of them because of having tolerance or recently having taken Dillies, there are fewer receptors available either way for morphine and 6-mam to bind to, and so you don't feel as much of an instant gratification.

However, morphine has a long half-life, while Dilaudid has one of the shortest of the conventionally-used opioids. As a result of this, once you do a shot of H, even though you may not feel the immediate rush there will still be a preponderance of morphine molecules circulating through your bloodstream, just waiting to attach to those wonderful mu receptors as hydromorphone is rapidly cleared from them, broken down and excreted. This gradual binding and replacement of morphine gives you that opiate feeling which can last quite a long time until its eventual metabolism as well. Again, even if you haven't got any Dilaudid left in your system, any amount of previous opiate use that is regular will cause a down-regulation of mu- receptors, and so once again there are less of them to be nearly instantly activated by the heroin metabolites to produce the rush.

In summary, if you want the best heroin rush, you need to get the best possible product (preferably others will try it and confirm how good it is) and make sure you have lost most of your tolerance to opiates by waiting at least 3-5 days. If you do this and inject good H, you WILL get an awesome rush. Just make sure you be VERY CAREFUL if you've lost tolerance and then do H because you will need a MUCH LOWER DOSE than usual as a result.

Sounds just like the one or two times I got fentanyl or an analogue of fentanyl...

EDIT: Also unless you're in Cambodia you aren't getting "pure china white", as evidenced by the lack of a rush and the fact that color & powder/rock consistency is no indication of quality. Did you run GC/MS on it? No? Didn't think so.

Last edited:
When you say a "rush" whst exactly do you mean? Maybe its regional but i never associated a rush with smack.

Haha what...? I mean, it's no IV coke rush, but shooting heroin should definitely give someone a really pleasurable rush if they dose it correctly. I love the rush from both hydromorphone and heroin and can appreciate the different aspects of both.

My opinion is that the OPs product isn't up to par or the dose isn't enough.

My opinion is that the OPs product isn't up to par or the dose isn't enough.

I agree about the dose. On the right dose, basically you´ll feel some sort of rush on every opiate.

I had it with Dillies and even with Pepthine (Dolantina), first time IV, mixed with morphine if I remember well. Not together with Morphine. I had already taken morphine.

I used to buy boxes of 25 ampules of 2 ml each. The withdraws are horrible though.

Fentanyl does not give you that much of euphoria but most of the brands are ER and in patches. Very strong though. You nod all the time. People around will think you definitely have a problem.

Oxys are a good high but I use eat pills not inject them. Pills for me are to be ingested. Not IV´d IMO. The problem with Oxys is the short acting high.

Methadone in the beginning can give you a great feeling for days if you keep up with the program. Say 120 mg in the first days is just a relaxing high. Besides you don´t crave for anything else.

I have tried ether too and it´s a trip. 5 seconds trip so you need to re dose it all the time. But it´s quite interesting. We use to get them at great pharmacies a long time ago.

And heroin for me does not work if it´s not 1 g (good quality, white and IV´d). But that´s due to my very high tolerance.

Heroin and Dillies are the best ones IMO. Solves everything. Magical and dangerous.

Sounds just like the one or two times I got fentanyl or an analogue of fentanyl...

EDIT: Also unless you're in Cambodia you aren't getting "pure china white", as evidenced by the lack of a rush and the fact that color & powder/rock consistency is no indication of quality. Did you run GC/MS on it? No? Didn't think so.

Fentanyl is extremely strong! 50 to 100 x stronger than morphine. It´s written in the script and doctors can confirm that. It´s not as euphoric though.

People in New England and some part of Canada were using Fentanyl in white china to make it more powerful. That is in my opinion what leads to most of ODs as Fent. can be quite strong, specially if you IV.

Oh yeah - another thing is that Dilaudid (hydromorphone) is actually more potent than heroin both by weight and by receptor affinity. So if you have even a relatively small tolerance to Dilaudid, you're gonna feel less of a rush from H although still get buzzed. The reason for this is because the D has down-regulated your receptors and if you've taken it relatively recently, will be bound to some of those receptors. When you inject the heroin, it rapidly crosses the blood brain barrier, and gets converted into morphine and 6-mam immediately - both of which are what bind to the recetors. Heroin itself actually has a very weak binding affinity to mu receptors, if at all. So somebody with a whole bunch of healthy and unoccupied mu-opiate receptors scattered all over the brain and spinal cord will very rapidly have a flurry of morphine and heroin metabolites binding to them, leading to the subjective sensation of a rush - nothing more than empty receptors very rapidly being filled then activated. If you have fewer of them because of having tolerance or recently having taken Dillies, there are fewer receptors available either way for morphine and 6-mam to bind to, and so you don't feel as much of an instant gratification.

However, morphine has a long half-life, while Dilaudid has one of the shortest of the conventionally-used opioids. As a result of this, once you do a shot of H, even though you may not feel the immediate rush there will still be a preponderance of morphine molecules circulating through your bloodstream, just waiting to attach to those wonderful mu receptors as hydromorphone is rapidly cleared from them, broken down and excreted. This gradual binding and replacement of morphine gives you that opiate feeling which can last quite a long time until its eventual metabolism as well. Again, even if you haven't got any Dilaudid left in your system, any amount of previous opiate use that is regular will cause a down-regulation of mu- receptors, and so once again there are less of them to be nearly instantly activated by the heroin metabolites to produce the rush.

In summary, if you want the best heroin rush, you need to get the best possible product (preferably others will try it and confirm how good it is) and make sure you have lost most of your tolerance to opiates by waiting at least 3-5 days. If you do this and inject good H, you WILL get an awesome rush. Just make sure you be VERY CAREFUL if you've lost tolerance and then do H because you will need a MUCH LOWER DOSE than usual as a result.

Good post!

Who's tolerance drops in 3-5 days and how the hell can i make that happen to me lol?