• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Why don't I apply heat to my pharmaceutical opioids or North American heroin?

^^I know what ohsee80 means, that it can be all cloudy, which is not the same as just being clear but dark. If it's cloudy/opaque looking that's not good. It's probably due to not using a micron filter, some of the particles can pass through the cotton. If you don't have a micron filter you can make a better make-shift filter by putting layers of cotton in a syringe, backloading that syringe with the liquid, and then squeezing it through the cotton into a clean spoon. Then suck it up into a fresh syringe (you could even filter it a second time through a reg cotton in the spoon). If that still produces a cloudy liquid then I suppose you could do what I mentioned above and heat it, then cool it completely before filtering and drawing it up. But a micron filter would really be best.

(The reason it looks clear when you heat it is because the heat actually dissolves the cuts etc).

This thread promotes using drugs in a manner not prescribed and for the purpose of getting high which is not allowed.

This one is closed.

NSFW:

just kidding... :D :D :D

I can hardly contain my laughter.

Lol, yeah, you do that often ¬_¬

So, magnesium stearate, I have only ever shot canadian brand name Dilaudid pills, which unlike american ones, have a D and contain nothing other HM, lactose and magnesium stearate. I've shot maybe upwards to 500 4mg pills because many threads in this place said that magnesium stearate was harmless.

So far so good, the dilaudid "hurt" me more (only cos I was ruining myself buying it) and i'm now tapering methadone which is no fun.

Never shot anything with talc, silified microcrystalline cellulose or anything like that except a couple times with Statex (another MS IR pill, no idea what they contain now, but I know they aren't safe like brand name dillies, which people joke about how they can let such a shootable pill continue to exit) at the very beginning, I was using SteriFilts, which are made to shoot pills....canadians, brits and french people know about them.

I'm never shooting up again but I wonder if that mg stearate was really all that bad, the information concerning it was always 3/4 (it's harmless) 1/4 (FOREIGN SUBSTANCE DANGER MORON).

i have to heat my oxycodone to fit it in a 3ml syringe cause i shoot 10 to 15 30mg oxy blues but i micron filter it after the cotton is that good enough to keep the insoluble shit out basically am i being safe at least a little right

A little, but there is NO need to heat oxycodone, no matter how many pills you're shooting. Because the micron filters are essentially pointless if you heat the inactive ingredients so that they pass right through the filter and then re-solidify again, because you applied heat, you can't keep out the "insolubles" because you've used chemistry to make them soluble, temporarily. Micron filtration is most effective when cold/cool solution is ran through it. Room temp is okay, and what most people probably do, but anything above room temperature, including WARM solution, is a no go.

Many thanks for this post...... I have been an opiate head for 40 years off and on. Did not know a lot of this info.

I'm on maintenance and no longer iv anything, though back when I was I was using heroin iv daily, built up quite a heavy habit. Anyway that brings me to my question, did anyone else here cook up in a tablespoon? To those who did, my question it directed at you: when preparing my shot I would stir my solution with the back of my plunger (the plastic part where you push with the thumb) and always noticed that a grayish residue would be on it afterwards, regardless if I applied heat or not. I used the same spoon every time. Did anyone else get this too? I always disregarded it but I was in an opiate haze and didn't care about anything other than my fix. Was I injecting a possibly dangerous solution with fine metal particles in it? I never had any adverse reactions and my veins were always good since I used a new syringe every time... I'm just curious if anyone else had similar outcomes, and if anyone knows if I was fucking myself over by using the same cooker every time...

I'm on maintenance and no longer iv anything, though back when I was I was using heroin iv daily, built up quite a heavy habit. Anyway that brings me to my question, did anyone else here cook up in a tablespoon? To those who did, my question it directed at you: when preparing my shot I would stir my solution with the back of my plunger (the plastic part where you push with the thumb) and always noticed that a grayish residue would be on it afterwards, regardless if I applied heat or not. I used the same spoon every time. Did anyone else get this too? I always disregarded it but I was in an opiate haze and didn't care about anything other than my fix. Was I injecting a possibly dangerous solution with fine metal particles in it? I never had any adverse reactions and my veins were always good since I used a new syringe every time... I'm just curious if anyone else had similar outcomes, and if anyone knows if I was fucking myself over by using the same cooker every time...

What city did you cop from? Different cities use different cuts, so for example if you were copping in Chicago they use 'dormin' as their main cut, and so the cuts from that would be left behind in the cooker.

I never heated my dope from NY, but depending on the batch there would either be nothing left behind (which was usually the case from most sources with good stuff) or there would be a little bit of cut left behind which was usually white.

This happened even when when I was doing a wash, or using pharms too so it was definitely not a cut, it had to be the cooker..

^you should NEVER actually use a spoon as a cooker....

Like a table spoon like that is designed to be used as an eating utensil and probably has been before? Those get really tiny scratches in the metal, scratches so tiny you can't always see them but in between those scratches in the metal, bacteria and other infectious pathogens thrive and this is why you should never use an ACTUAL spoon as a cooker to mix a solution you intend to inject..... It's not Television, this is real life and this is a fact. I would not be surprised if your spoon had some sort of metal residue or coating, varnish or something that over time could have disintegrated especially with unneeded heat applications, which could contaminate all your shots if you prepped.... all your shots in one spoon....

I highly recommend using sterile cookers / stericups available at the local needle exchange, in addition to clean needles. NEVER reuse a needle. Never share one obviously because not only is that reusing but it can ruin your life not just your veins.

Many thanks for this post...... I have been an opiate head for 40 years off and on. Did not know a lot of this info.

Glad I could clear some things up for ya! Seriously no need to apply heat, instead of heat, simply apply careful, well thought out, logical patience :)

I highly recommend using sterile cookers / stericups available at the local needle exchanges.

the problem with these is the fact theyre hardly ever contained within air tight sealed packaging so you need to disinfect them with an alcohol swab or the equivalent before each use.

personally i have a couple of plastic pill crushers. one for crushing pills if im whacking them and the other to mix the shot. ive been using this system for a few years now and it works fantastic for me.

the problem with these is the fact theyre hardly ever contained within air tight sealed packaging so you need to disinfect them with an alcohol swab or the equivalent before each use.

personally i have a couple of plastic pill crushers. one for crushing pills if im whacking them and the other to mix the shot. ive been using this system for a few years now and it works fantastic for me.

Yes, I am extremely liberal with isopropyl and even run a small amount through micron filters if they aren't individually vacuum sealed, then push 2-3mL of clean water through them to flush out the isopropyl prior to using it to filter my pharmaceutical derived solution.

And I have used the pill crushers but they don't get pharmaceuticals especially ER meds to get as finely dusted/powdered as I want them to be, as fluffy as possible, I'd rather go to a little more effort to get results superior to a hose clamp. Just a personal preference though.

Last edited:
Did I read that right? With subutex. 99% of drug is retained after first pass? I love to store my cottons for doc drug tests and also if for whatever reason I run dry. I usually use one filter per 8 mg strip and then the filter would be orangish and if I come back to it say two weeks later, rewet and smash up, when I pull it leaves that tell tale orange needle mark on filter and solution is cloudy. I always just assumed there was like .5-1.5 mg left due to some being stuck on spoon and filter not being fully dry. This is saying after first pass 99% of bupe is used. I find odd because bupe has a limited solubility in water.

I know after many many rises where cotton basically white, if I add two of them to drug test I pass, so I know bupes still there, but is it like .00000000011 mg?

I've always wanted to know about how much bupe is left after a first rinse/pass.

I have been taught to heat my mscontin and i started having scary heart pains and my heart felt like an icecube in my chest.....my perfect vision got blurry and when i layed down my legs would go numb.....if i wouldnt have went to prison i prob woulda died from this shit