• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Why does Pepsi extract propylhexidrine better the n lemon juice?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
I don’t know alot about chemistry and was wondering why Pepsis is so much better at extracting propylhexidrine than lemon juice. I mean it’s leaps and bounds better. I don’t think it’s the PH. I am guessing because Pepsi has two separate acids?

Perhaps the carbonation?

When i do propylhexedrine extractions I use carbonated water and citric acid powder. Carbonated water seems to help a bit. Not sure if it actually does, but it seems to.

However I always take another step and remove the nasty lavender oil that is in the liquid. Lavender oil is actually quite pharmacologically active, especially in the large amounts present in those inhalers, and imparts a dirty spacey feel to the propylhexedrine experience.

But it can be easily be removed. Make your extraction as usual (pepsi works fine too), pour it into a jar and add half a cup of cooking oil (canola oil, olive oil, any oil). Then put a lid on it and shake the mixture vigorously for a minute or two. Allow it to settle for a minute or two, and then use a large syringe to carefully siphon off the oil layer that has settled on top (dump this oil). The remaining liquid should be relatively free of lavender oil (since it is now "bound" to the cooking oil). I actually use a separatory funnel to separate the two liquids but I've used a large syringe before.

It feels much cleaner this way.

But watch out for propylhexedrine, it isn't something that should be taken too often due to the heavy cardiovascular strain it imparts. It is also likely a somewhat effective serotonin releasing agent in high doses, which is not something you want to be doing very frequently

Perhaps the carbonation?

When i do propylhexedrine extractions I use carbonated water and citric acid powder. Carbonated water seems to help a bit. Not sure if it actually does, but it seems to.

However I always take another step and remove the nasty lavender oil that is in the liquid. Lavender oil is actually quite pharmacologically active, especially in the large amounts present in those inhalers, and imparts a dirty spacey feel to the propylhexedrine experience.

But it can be easily be removed. Make your extraction as usual (pepsi work fine too), pour it into a jar and pour half of a cup of cooking oil into it as well (canola oil, olive oil, any oil). Then put a lid on it and shake vigorously for a minute or two. Allow it to settle for a minute or two, and then use a large syringe to carefully siphon off the oil layer on top (dump the oil). The remaining liquid should be relatively free of lavender oil (since it is now "bound" to the cooking oil). I actually use a separatory funnel to separate the two liquids but I've used a large syringe before.

But watch out for propylhexedrine, it isn't something that should be taken too often due to the heavy cardiovascular strain it imparts. It is also likely a somewhat effective serotonin releasing agent in high doses, which is not something you want to be doing very frequently
Yeah, it is essentially carbonic acid in water and all acids reduce pH.

I'm bad at sciencing, but maybe Pepsi has higher activity than lemon juice?

Pepsi is a base, though isn't it?

Actually check out Google and you will find that the pH of Pepsi is 2.5

7.0 is nuetral Acid is lower base is higher.
Each number further from 7 is an order of magnitude more acid or base than the previous.

2.5 is quite an acid, actually

But, seriously, I am NOT a chemist.

I am guessing because Pepsi has two separate acids?

Shouldn't matter much. Acid-base reactions are dramatic enough that the individual identity of the acid (or acids) involved should be of low consequence. My next question would be if you think that Pepsi contains emulsifiers?

Perhaps the carbonation?

But it can be easily be removed. Make your extraction as usual (pepsi works fine too), pour it into a jar and add half a cup of cooking oil (canola oil, olive oil, any oil). Then put a lid on it and shake the mixture vigorously for a minute or two. Allow it to settle for a minute or two, and then use a large syringe to carefully siphon off the oil layer that has settled on top (dump this oil). The remaining liquid should be relatively free of lavender oil (since it is now "bound" to the cooking oil). I actually use a separatory funnel to separate the two liquids but I've used a large syringe before.

I have been thinking about taking out the lavender and menthol but I thought lavender would be good psychoactive-wise. Doesn’t it decrease anxiety and help with sleep? Wouldn’t that help the experience? I don’t know I’ve never tried it without it.

Also, what do you think about mixing with amanita muscaria? I’m not so sure because I know ibotenic acid is a stimulant but not sure it really crosses the BBB or does it? But my understanding is muscimol is like a gabergic and I thought gabergics were used to kill stimulants? So I’m a little confused.

Also, what do you think about mixing with amanita muscaria? I’m not so sure because I know ibotenic acid is a stimulant but not sure it really crosses the BBB or does it? But my understanding is muscimol is like a gabergic and I thought gabergics were used to kill stimulants? So I’m a little confused.

IDK but I just think that those two things are going to keep you up. You wouldn't look at camomile? I know NOTHING of camomile's interactions, though.