• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Why does kratom.org say that taking zofran and kratom is risky??

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So, my girl ( we have an open relationship for those that have read my posts and are wondering about how I have a girl but still have new experiences), anyway she has stomach issues and wanted to take zofran with kratom.

Yet, when I looked it up the first article came up from Kratom.org which I really veer away usually. They stated that you shouldn’t mix kratom and zofran at least not regularly. Something about kratom inhibiting zofran metabolism.

My limited understanding is that will cause more zofran to be in your system? I’m just trying to understand why they say it’s risky. I have read anecdotal reports that is safe in bluelight. I tend to lean more towards anecdotal reports with combinations that aren’t thoroughly research.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Kratom has been shown to potently inhibit CYP 2d6, which is the enzyme that metabolizes zofran. This would lead to higher plasma levels of zofran and longer effects/elimination time.

I'm not sure how dangerous this would be, I'm not too familiar with zofran. This could be countered somewhat by simply taking a smaller zofran dose.

There's some thread on BL where someone claims zofran potentiates kratom, but seems very anecdotal.