• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why does Codeine not work for me?

Obviously you don't want to use too much water and take in too much paracetamol but using really small amounts like some suggest will probably result in losing much of the codeine/DHC unless your CWE procedure is spot on..if using very small amounts of H2O then something as simple as forgetting to pre-wet the filter papers or not waiting long for everything to filter through can result in losing half of the end product since your liquid is now so concentrated....

Measuring how much liquid you start with and how much you finish with, along with working out how much codeine should be contained in each ml or water gives you an good pointer to your final yield....

Obviously losing 5% of your starting water is a much bigger deal with a very concentrated solution than it is with a very dilute one.

It might be getting too complicated but I always recommend working out the solubility of APAP at the temperature you're working with and using as much water as you can while ensuring (mathematically) that your end product contains the maximum amount of APAP that you're comfortable consuming (which is usually 1g).

You kinda need CYP2D6 to convert your dihydrocodeine into dihydromorphine too.

But if you go that way, it comes as a salt, either mono or di-valent, so it'll be freely soluble in water*. Meaning the same CWE protocol.

Doses seem to typically be around 30mg every 4 hours.

*IOW, it could be the tartrate OR bitartrate salt, probably doesn't matter for CWE.

Beware that it likes to come in combination with caffeine or cold medicine. You don't want to concentrate those unwittingly.

(You'd think the bitartrate would then be monohydrocodeine, or just hydrocodeine, but no, different extra hydrogens.)

^ They claim there is no noticeable difference between phenotype

BA% is low, not sure what is happening to it if it's not a prodrug and is obscure, wait, it is going into obscurity except certain BLers are clinging to it, even trying to figure out why/how it is used for dyspnea

It isn't my autocorrect, for some reason the other device has a terrible auto-correct, and I use it sometimes, and didn't want to cut it off; may need too, though, forging codeine is silly... and probably a crime

I think the joke is, how could you tell codeine was a forgery? Neither do nothing for pulled wisdom teeth.

They probably gave you promethazine, and cimetidine while you slept-make sure you don't get a single mg if morphine

ER's give me Percocet for teeth infection, yet dentist APAP 325ng... not even the extra strength...

btw, did you get my post about the convoluted history of Tylenol?

That's the risk in yelling at hospital staff. Of course, as I said, would you ever know?

^ That is why they can get away with it

now it makes sense-that is why Codeine is still lingering around, a conspiracy, of sorts

Feel bad for those people who took the toxic -Tylenol pro-drug, though; Come on, Tylenol the end product of a carcinogen?

All carcinogenics should be banned- oh wait

You kinda need CYP2D6 to convert your dihydrocodeine into dihydromorphine too.

But if you go that way, it comes as a salt, either mono or di-valent, so it'll be freely soluble in water*. Meaning the same CWE protocol.

Doses seem to typically be around 30mg every 4 hours.

*IOW, it could be the tartrate OR bitartrate salt, probably doesn't matter for CWE.

Beware that it likes to come in combination with caffeine or cold medicine. You don't want to concentrate those unwittingly.

(You'd think the bitartrate would then be monohydrocodeine, or just hydrocodeine, but no, different extra hydrogens.)

I'd read that DHC doesn't need the enzyme to convert, making it superior than codeine

the ones I have available are Dihydrocodeine Tartarate 7.46mg combo'd with APAP.

CWE will work on these?

The CWE should work just fine on that.

I got some clarification on that in this link.

Basically, you need CYP2D6 to make dihydro-morphine, and some other actives, but even with everything working, the yield there is tiny.

BUT, dihydrocodeine itself is "twice as strong as codeine" so you're just soaking your brain in that instead.

According to the all-knowing wikipedia, it is easier to illicitly convert in your home lab, with high yields, to dihydro-morphine than it is to convert codeine to morphine. Obviously, you don't use CYP2D6 for that. Or at least, I don't want to see the home lab that uses livers for its syntheses. We don't discuss synthesis here for a reason . . . .

[modedit][bptubbs said:]I've always found that funny.

Kinda o[n topic]: fuck Codeine

[/tubbs][/modedit]

Mmm liver science.

But yeah your cwe should work just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The CWE should work just fine on that.

I got some clarification on that in this link.

Basically, you need CYP2D6 to make dihydro-morphine, and some other actives, but even with everything working, the yield there is tiny.

BUT, dihydrocodeine itself is "twice as strong as codeine" so you're just soaking your brain in that instead.

According to the all-knowing wikipedia, it is easier to illicitly convert in your home lab, with high yields, to dihydro-morphine than it is to convert codeine to morphine. Obviously, you don't use CYP2D6 for that. Or at least, I don't want to see the home lab that uses livers for its syntheses. We don't discuss synthesis here for a reason . . . .

but I don't think I convert any codeine into morphone - or at least not enough to feel any effects -, so even if DHC is twice as strong, twice as strong as nothing is still nothing. Anyway, I'll try it and see, using the same CWE method

but I don't think I convert any codeine into morphone - or at least not enough to feel any effects -, so even if DHC is twice as strong, twice as strong as nothing is still nothing. Anyway, I'll try it and see, using the same CWE method

Well, we don't know why you have issues with codeine. If it's a drug interaction thing, or genetics, they won't affect your DHC experience, because it's purely from DHC (or at least, the conversion isn't detectable for the diH-morphine).

But if you can't feel codeine because you're a normal human being, and the stuff is just awful, well, maybe DHC will give a tiny glint of sunlight to briefly illuminate your tables of festering APAP?

You people are crazy

We need diacetyldihydromorphine-[h=1][/h]Then people would be rushing to the dentist

Seducing the hygienists?

After all, at least I can be guaranteed mine's not the first case of meth mouth they've seen.

That's about the only good odds I got actually.