• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do you do psychedelics ?

Breakbeat_Child said:
One thing I love about bad trips is actually seeing the scary side of things. I was at the beach late at night once, and all the footprints in the sand started making some pretty scary gostly faces, it freaked me out. But another thing I love is making a bad trip into a good one, it's a pretty good feeling. Like you concerd a bad trip. I'll tell you wut, if your a negative person always looking at the bad side of things, you WILL have a very bad trip. The thing about tripping is, don't let yourself think. Thinking's the worst thing you can do on a trip.

I like to think on a trip personally, when im tripping i have so many thoughts going on in my head about the world its hard not to think. And I agree about turning a bad trip into a good one being a great feeling, ive experienced this a couple of times.

I trip mainly to have a good time, increase my creativity, and to gain a fresh perspective on things. However, my initial reasons for tripping have led me to something altogether different, profound personal growth.

Though it was not my clear intention, I have become a much more spiritual person in the past year as a result of taking psychedelics. Tripping raised a lot of questions in me about how I viewed the world, and often afterwards, I would do a lot of thinking or grab a book to explore how this new view could be integrated into reality. I learned the very important fact that spirituality can exist outside of organized religion. Psychedelics mainly forced me to ask questions, which I later felt the need to answer.

In the words of Aldous Huxley:
But the man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less cocksure, happier but less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend.

SmC said:
I like to think on a trip personally, when im tripping i have so many thoughts going on in my head about the world its hard not to think. And I agree about turning a bad trip into a good one being a great feeling, ive experienced this a couple of times.

Your right, maybe I should have reworded that a little. It's actually nice when you think about good happy things on a trip. But when you start thinking about negative things, thats when your trip makes a U-Turn!!

i don't take psychedelics anymore.

all of you guys have these huge romantic ideals of what psychedelics should be & i did too, but they're just another drug.

Alright Jimmy, I guess your word is the Absolute Truth. Since you had a bad experience, everyone else has to have one as well.

Maybe the key is responsible use. They don't have to be abused or overused. Let me guess, you had a bad experience? Or did you just use them so much that they stopped working for you? Either way, I stand by my belief that when used appropriately and in moderation, psychedelics can be great tools for awareness and growth, and spirituality if you're so inclined to look for it.

And by the way, get off your high horse and let people think what they want to think. You don't have to flood the Bluelight PD forum with negativity. If you don't like them, fine. You shouldn't have to and I'm sure you have good, personal reasons for it. But all I've seen you contribute lately is useless negativity. This board is for discussion.

Just another drug? If they were just another drug then why did acid make me feel like a whole new person again last weekend? Narrow minded people like you jimmy don't belong on bluelight.

jimmyHIP said:
i don't take psychedelics anymore.

all of you guys have these huge romantic ideals of what psychedelics should be & i did too, but they're just another drug.

I feel bad for this guy. He has to live with his close minded self the rest of his life.

hahahaha.

sorry guys, you're all obviously these die hard psychedelic users.

the truth is that these drugs don't hold anything very special to them...you guys are all just holding onto something that isn't there.

you can jump down my throat however much you want to, i've done the same drugs you guys have. i just don't think they're the godsend you guys think they are.

psychedelics have their place, sure, but it isn't in a technology-driven world.

the result of widespread psychedelic use is kids thinking they can "change the world" and it isn't true; another result is people believing they have "gained understanding of the world", yet none of you attribute this to the fact that you're taking a drug that immensely changes the way your mind works.

or you can bring up the spiritual aspect, & spirituality & religion are really only useful in communities where they NEED faith to maintain a normal life.

i've been through all the channels, and to me psychedelic drugs are really just another drug.

there's nothing like people stringing themselves out on chemicals from hong kong & thinking they're doing something fantastic with their lives.

to Xorkoth, it's great you're a mod, but learn how to read, huh? my original post wasn't negative at all, i answered a question that was asked. if you don't like my answer, don't think you can twist around the situation to fit your own little drug clouded reality.

Last edited:
Jimmy fuck off with your negative shite will you? Just because they don't hold anything special to you doesn't mean that is the same for everyone else. I really wish the mods were within there rights to ban you.

Anyhow get some proper LSD and then come back to this thread. You want to say we have huge romantic ideals about what it should be, well right there you're wrong. We have huge romantic ideals about what it is, based on our experiences with them. I very much doubt you've ever had a real proper psychedelic experience.

Edit- Sorry if I was a little harsh with the fuck off comment, but wtf else did you expect? If they can't ban you then the most I can do is treat you with the same disrespect you're giving psychedelics.

Call me crazy Jimmy call me wutever the fuck you want. Because you kno wut? I've found myself on LSD son, and Extasy. And I am so thankfull that there are drugs like this out in the world today, because you kno wut? It's closed minded people like you (which the law inforcement is full of) that make me want to take drugs in the first place. You say it's just another drug? Maybe it is a drug, but that drug opens your mind man. Something that no Coke, No heroin, no meth will ever be able to do. Just about eveyone I've ever met who appreciates LSD are very nice, open minded people. I've never seen a dickhead who appreciates Acid, never. You kno wut, I'm glad you don't like it, because I don't like you either. LSD is a part of who I am!!

jimmyHIP said:
hahahaha.

sorry guys, you're all obviously these die hard psychedelic users.

the truth is that these drugs don't hold anything very special to them...you guys are all just holding onto something that isn't there.

you can jump down my throat however much you want to, i've done the same drugs you guys have. i just don't think they're the godsend you guys think they are.

psychedelics have their place, sure, but it isn't in a technology-driven world.

the result of widespread psychedelic use is kids thinking they can "change the world" and it isn't true; another result is people believing they have "gained understanding of the world", yet none of you attribute this to the fact that you're taking a drug that immensely changes the way your mind works.

or you can bring up the spiritual aspect, & spirituality & religion are really only useful in communities where they NEED faith to maintain a normal life.

i've been through all the channels, and to me psychedelic drugs are really just another drug.

there's nothing like people stringing themselves out on chemicals from hong kong & thinking they're doing something fantastic with their lives.

to Xorkoth, it's great you're a mod, but learn how to read, huh? my original post wasn't negative at all, i answered a question that was asked. if you don't like my answer, don't think you can twist around the situation to fit your own little drug clouded reality.

i actually really like this argument, even though i dont share the opinion at all. its very thought out and intelligently presented.

thumbs up on playing devils advocate.

Honestly, Jimmy is right to an extent. Psychedelics are just another class of drugs ... if that's how one approaches them. No amount of "good LSD" will make Jimmy a believer. He's gotten himself into a mindset that is not unlike that of a conservative Christian. His worldview does not have room for integration of the psychedelic experience.

The potential good that can come out of psychedelics is solely dependent on the individual that takes them. As much research has shown, when given to people with an interest in spirituality such as the Harvard divinity students in the Good Friday experiments, they can produce mystical states of consciousness. There was another study done this year (the first in over three decades) that came to the same conclusion. If used with the right mindset, they are much, much more than just another drug.

Other drugs such as opiates will affect everyone more or less in the same way. Psychedelics don't have the predictablility that "feel good" drugs have. They are unspecific amplifiers of thought processes that can produce experiences ranging from cosmic bliss to downright agony. Either way, I suppose the difference in how one views the psychedelic experience is dependent on how he integrates it into his worldview afterwards. Closed-minded people cannot accept some of the things the experience presents them with so they just shut it out like it never happened. They see it as nothing more than a state of chemically induced psychosis.

So, unless Jimmy goes through some serious personal development in the coming years, psychedelics will always just be another drug to him.

jimmyHIP said:

You have a point there. Psychedelics can and often are overused. However, there are some people that do not let them get in the way of their lives. If you have your priorities straight, psychedelics can help tremendously in areas of personal development without getting in the way of your life/career goals.

Last edited:
the result of widespread psychedelic use is kids thinking they can "change the world" and it isn't true

This is a really sad statement. Since when should kids think they CAN'T change the world?

Actually, spirituality is a highly personal thing when you get beyond organized religion's social control mechanisms. Maybe it's not useful for you, but a lot of people find comfort and meaning in it.

Yeah, exactly. To YOU.

Not everyone abuses psychedelics, you know. Getting strung out is certainly a possibility but is also certainly not a given.

I'm not a mod here... I'm a poster. Being a mod has nothing whatsoever to do with it anyway. And the post I was responding to was you being condescending to people who use psychedelics. I would consider that negative.

Breakbeat Child, banning someone for stating their opinion is alot more close- minded than anything Jimmy said.
Relax.
I don't agree with Jimmy either but I still respect his opinion.

Xorkoth, you don't get it, i'm not being negative or condescending.

This thread is about why you do psychedelics, and as a poster here I acknowledged on this thread that I no longer do them for the reasons I posted.

The outlook i've on psychedelics is from having used them, not the opposite.

Breakbeat_Child said:
Damn, check out the way he's talking to you!! You need to stick a bann on his ass!!

Get antsy when someone isn't a pushover, huh?