• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do you do psychedelics ?

I think psychedelics arent "just" anything, in part they are what you make of them, if you can use them in a way that benefits you, i say thats a good use.

I think one of the best uses is to experience reality, not to escape from it, you get so used to the world after so many years that none of it seems amazing anymore, nothing holds the same kind of beauty or wonder for you, sure beautiful scenery such as a mountain with the sun shining down on it or a pure blue sky are both amazing, but something is lost when we see things on a constant basis.

The kind of amazing where you lack words capable of describing it, the type of beauty that brings you to tears, the sense of wonder that keeps you captivated for hours.

I think for me this is far more valuable than any paterns on the wall or shifting colors.

I think there was a quote or a paper of some kind about this, comparing psychedelics to seeing the world through the eyes of a child, where every corner and every new space holds such wonderous views and things to explore.

Perhaps psychedelics are best able to make us "unaccustomed" to things in the world, and appreciate things for what they are, nature, people, animals, can all become more meaningful.

I guess my proper answer for using psychedelics would be to a) have a good time and b) give me new appreciation for my life and the world around me. I managed to achieve both those things yesterday which can only be a good thing.

It all just depends on the timing of my trip. Sometimes I just take it to have a good time and a few laughs with freinds. Other times I take them to enjoy a musical event. Sometimes I take them in order to seek insight into my own problems, both internal and external. They just seem to force me to think about shit that I wouldn't ordinarily think about. And spirituality is also a big deal. Something to remind me just how beautiful the world and everything in it is, or to talk to entities outside of my own mind like god or aliens (no I do not actually believe these entities to be outside of my own mind). It's my reward to myself for the month.

Raw Evil said:
I'm in love with the feeling of pure wonder and amazement one can experience on acid.
I couldn't agree more.

People ask me why I'll sit there grinning like an idiot for half the night when I'm tripping and above is the reason why: I think the world is a pretty amazing and beautiful place anyway, but acid seems to justify that. Acid lets me be in awe of the world around me. :)

gloggawogga said:
I like the questions they make me ask.

Same, im a big fan of inner thought and learning more about yourself on 'cid

To experience stuff i never thought possible....to have fun.....and bc i want to lol

Psychedelics give me insight but not always. I'm not going to pretend I have core 'Hippie Values'.

Psycadellics make me feel like mentally insane for a number of hours and when you're doing them with 10 of your closest friends, it's like being in a mental assylum. Well actually, I am only referring to Morning Glory Seeds and HBW as I have never tried LSD due to availability. Although the LSA seeds aren't very visual(except CEV'S) I enjoy the wierd atmosphere when there are alot of people tripping out.

I think the same applies to MDA. Although it is an enthogen I think it is rather Psychedelic as I don't get the loved up feelings of MDMA from it...I find it very trippy.

I do psychedelic drugs because they are the best drugs in the entire world.

Whenever i think of a problem inside my head when I'm on psychedelic drugs i can never choose the wrong answer.

The day after is also amazing. Afterglow is one of my favorite parts of tripping.

I also think its funny that no matter what drugs you take psychedelic drugs will over power them, they can really fuck with your head and show you who's boss if they want to.

Plus visuals? With music?
Never felt better.

deeperSense said:
Its just another tool to hammer out all the shit you put up with all week!!!!Flushes the shit out,ready for the following weeks shit you have to consume!! The best extractor of shit a person can have IME,especially in the company of like minded folk!!!

If this is not a joke I think this is really sad.

^you never get weighed down with mental baggage you want to unload?

Last edited:
To Be Cool.

8(

Psychedelics haved basically cured my depression, and allowed me to enjoy life again. Thats reason enough for me.

Psychedelics haved basically cured my depression, and allowed me to enjoy life again. Thats reason enough for me.

Same here, doing real LSD this weekend has made me look positively at life again.

i use psychedelics because the voices told me if i dont then they will kill again :\

When I say Psychedelics, I'm mainly focusing on Acid. Acid opens up your mind, reveals to you the kind of person you are, and you see the way others are, (who are also tripping.) Acid is a very powerful mind tool that can change the way people are, and it can make you the kind of person you want to be. And you have all the fun of seeing visuals in the process. It's such ashame that our government looks down on something that can make people feel like their worth something. Their will always be a place in my mind for acid!!

Good Topic

Initially (which was just recently) it was to see what all the fuss was about... And did I ever. Up until I tried LSD, I though weed was god. Not to say I don't still have a lot of affection for weed, but it's sort of taken a back seat now. Which should save me money on weed lol.

The last time I tripped,(second time) was mainly to be able to share the experiance with my roomie who had been curious about Lady Sydney the Divine as well. Let's just say, I earned a lot of brownie points for introducing it to him.

and I quote: "The COLORS!"

I think I may increase the dosage next time, both times I tripped, it was about two hits of "Pretty mellow stuff." Says the guy who sold it to me.

The ONLY thing I had to coplain about was muscle tension in my jaw, and some parts of my nexk, but for the most part were completely ignored.

Technically the "First time" I tripped, was when I was 12, when a native american family I was close to, gave me the oppurtunity. I remember very little about the trip due to my age, and subsequently due to the fact that it's hard for a 12 year old to come to terms with seeing fire turn the most beautiful shade of green I had ever seen. That was on Peyote btw.

I am fortunate to have a very clear mind when it comes to that kind of stuff. So I have yet to have a bad trip. Although I am somewhat curious to have one eventually.

Who knows, might be fun.

"Bad trips" are only bad in the eye of the beholder. Most of the memorable moments I've had during psychedelics have involved what the layman would refer to as a bad trip... I like to think of those as the exciting ones.

Oh yeah, and welcome to Bluelight.

One thing I love about bad trips is actually seeing the scary side of things. I was at the beach late at night once, and all the footprints in the sand started making some pretty scary gostly faces, it freaked me out. But another thing I love is making a bad trip into a good one, it's a pretty good feeling. Like you concerd a bad trip. I'll tell you wut, if your a negative person always looking at the bad side of things, you WILL have a very bad trip. The thing about tripping is, don't let yourself think. Thinking's the worst thing you can do on a trip.

Many reasons:

1. To give meaning to an otherwise meaningless day

2. Salvia and Ayahausca saved me from self-destructing and shoving a shotgun down my throat. Especially with the salvia. It showed me the things I would be missing if I just gave it all up. LSA and LSD made me so happy to be alive and live thru every moment. Ayahausca showed me the workings of the universe and I am currently working with Lady AYA in trying to retrieve parts of my soul that I've lost over the years and left in various places for various reasons.

3. Higher Consciousness (obvious)

4. Wisdom and Philosophy

5. Spirituality. I've become very spiritual in the last 1 or 2 years thanks due mostly to Ayahausca teas and Salvia smokes.

6. Some things can be ALOT of FUN...FUN FUN FUN

7. ..........all the pretty colors and lights and visions and trails...