• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do people use benzos recreationally?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Every time I've taken a benzo I've blacked out and done ridiculous things like make fried jello cheerios or said horrible things to people and absolutely forgotten every second of the day. Just behavior I absolutely cannot explain and even from 2 mg of xanax. Not to mention sometimes you wake up still under its effects and feel sober while you're anything but that. Klonopin is the most fun one reactreationally for me but even then I've never craved benzos.

I know alot of people have issues abusing benzos, so not meaning to offend anyone but what is the appeal? They help for stimulant abuse crashes, but I've heard that's a dangerous combination on the heart.

They help for stimulant abuse crashes, but I've heard that's a dangerous combination on the heart.
Not particularly true, it depends on a few factors, i can vouch that 'speedballing' is not as dangerous as it is made out to be, i'm always on an opiate when i'm using either amps, coke you name it but i have had one single occasion when i was new to smoking coke "crack" where i smoked too much too quickly, and ended up going from high as fuck to a 'holy shit i'm gonna die' feeling because my body was extremely over stimulated, and what i did was i rushed to my medications, took opiates, and swallowed a bunch of kpins, aswell as crushed a bunch and threw them under my tongue (sublingual route) and all of these saved me, within 10minutes i felt much better because they lowered my heart rate, and blood pressure, and by 30minutes i was completely back to normal but somewhat zoned out, i resumed smoking alittle and ended that session n went to sleep

but it can be dangerous for someone who's not used to ups and downs, especially when you take a downer too close to an upper you can confuse your parasympathetic system and end up with arrhythmia, aswell as hypertension

God damn if the apocolypse ever occurs you're going to be the only one to survive. I've combined xanax and perc when I didn't know that was a dangerous combination (foolish me) and was the closest I've ever gotten to OD'ing. I've always been paranoid about downers and opies since the day

I agree with you in saying that they're not recreational. Too high of a dose gives me paradoxical reactions. However if you're generally an anxious mess hitting your theraputic dose of your preferred benzo can be great. Just being able to live your life normally without constant panic is a nice change of pace when you're not used to it.

I do because it puts me in a happy mood (a bit like alcohol but without the nasty physical side effects like headache, nausea), kills all symptoms of panic attack (especially racing heart, tightness around chest and speeding stupid scary thoughts), makes even am annoying job fun to do. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't make my anxiety worse the next day. Finally, it's great in combination with stimulants and a bit safer than opiates when combined with stims.

I use bzds because they take away physical chronic pain I have plus I actually act like a normal human being on them and my shyness and introversion go away. I don't black out because I know my limits. So it's like having a few drinks without the stupidity and brain damage and probably getting in trouble for saying dumb stuff. Like for me, I can take 2mg alprazolam with me for a night out, have some coffee and eat the 2mg over a few hours, and I'm a normal person, friendly and outgoing and sober and able to drive. I no longer drink and bzds are the perfect replacement for me, as otherwise I'd never leave the apartment, too scared and anxious.

If you suffer from anxiety that stops you performing at your best and you find a pill that helps, you take it. And the it becomes having a good effect, well, you want more, or to continue. Not rocket science really.

Yeah it’s more about just feeling more relaxed and comfortable, I guess if you are prone to anxiety, benzos are going to make more sense to you. I love that feeling of laying in bed and feeling all the tension fall out of my body. It can make me more sociable and proactive as I don’t talk myself out of doing things.
One thing I will say is that I am extremely careful when it comes to drinking and benzos as the blackouts are too much for me to deal with anymore!

If you suffer from anxiety that stops you performing at your best and you find a pill that helps, you take it. And the it becomes having a good effect, well, you want more, or to continue. Not rocket science really.

I get that. Some users on here really abuse them though, taking ALOT more than for just anti-anxiety that's for sure. Like 200 xanax bars worth of stashes. I'm not judging, it's just I don't follow the glorification and appeal behind recreational benzo use. I've always preferred other substances to benzos my whole life.

Whenever I've combined benzos with stimulants or opiates, it's always negated the effect of them by half. It seems more trouble than it's worth to mix benzos and opiates or benzos and alcohol but I suppose depending on your brain chemistry it can really feel awesome for some users. I've feared the benzo/opiate combo because I don't know enough about the amounts before it can get deadly. I think maybe benzos just don't work well for my brain. I lose function on even lower doses and my memory becomes shot.

you're taking too much if you're blacking out. all drugs lead to a bad time if the dose is too high.

First time I took any benzo in my life it was a 2mg xanax and after smoking a fat one me and my friend made a rap cassette over skype, lo-fi as all fuck, recorded on an actual cassette and not available in any digital format, all of it was freestyle and my friend made weird beats.

I remember nothing of this but I've heard it few times, too bad he has it and lives far away now </3

First time I took any benzo in my life it was a 2mg xanax and after smoking a fat one me and my friend made a rap cassette over skype, lo-fi as all fuck, recorded on an actual cassette and not available in any digital format, all of it was freestyle and my friend made weird beats.

I remember nothing of this but I've heard it few times, too bad he has it and lives far away now </3

First time I took Xanies I passed out for 6 hours and then was incoherent but awake for another 6 and it took days to feel right.

Second time I took Xanies I was sitting on my lounge watching TV - I woke up 2 hours later in the middle of a car crash 5 miles from my home.

I keep valium for stim crashes and have an interest in Etizolam if I can find some real stuff but xanies are scary as fuck to me. Admittedly I took more than recommended dose in both cases.

So is everybody gonna ignore the hilariousness of fried jello cheerios?? 😂

I love benzos, but I also struggle with anxiety. I've somehow managed to take them "responsibly" and never on a daily basis to avoid addiction. It's a fine line to walk though... I've seen benzos ruin/change many people. @Blowmonkey raises a good point. The habit/addiction will creep up on you fast if you start relying on them as your only means of anxiety management.

I enjoy the "high," but I enjoy the psychological effects more. Just being able to quiet my mind and not worry or overthink for a few hours is heavenly. Dosage and moderation is important though. 2mg of Xanax is not a small dose if you have low/no tolerance. I'd be lying if I said I never took too much and blacked out... But that's not fun for me. Or maybe it is and I just can't remember how fun it was. 🤔

So is everybody gonna ignore the hilariousness of fried jello cheerios?? 😂

I love benzos, but I also struggle with anxiety. I've somehow managed to take them "responsibly" and never on a daily basis to avoid addiction. It's a fine line to walk though... I've seen benzos ruin/change many people. @Blowmonkey raises a good point. The habit/addiction will creep up on you fast if you start relying on them as your only means of anxiety management.

I enjoy the "high," but I enjoy the psychological effects more. Just being able to quiet my mind and not worry or overthink for a few hours is heavenly. Dosage and moderation is important though. 2mg of Xanax is not a small dose if you have low/no tolerance. I'd be lying if I said I never took too much and blacked out... But that's not fun for me. Or maybe it is and I just can't remember how fun it was. 🤔

My roommates were so pissed. They were like "what the fuck are you doing!!!"

Before I was inspired from the benzo blackout to make such a delicacy, I honestly don't recall anything else from that night so I definitely did black out. Never in my life would I have made such a thing... I'm so confused by my own behavior. I do agree that 2 mgs is too much for me, my benzo tolerance is naturally so low so I'm super susceptible to them. I will say though that food tastes incredibly on benzos and I don't know if other people find that as well. I always wake up covered in candy.