• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do people use benzos recreationally?

Like 200 xanax bars worth of stashes.

Yeah I had a 300 bar stash when I was able to get high quality presses. But that lasted me literally years. Proper long-term supply that was, I didn't have to reup for ages. And it was cheap as fuck because I got it off the darknet not the streets.

Anyway as for why benzos are recreational to some, others have already mentioned that anxiety relief is effectively a high in itself, but as for those who really properly abuse them like you are talking about, usually people who use benzos like that are just trying to block out emotional pain or self-medicate mental illness more than get high if we're being honest. Anyone who heavily abuses any drug is likely doing it for those kind of reasons.

Benzodiazepines provide relief from anxiety which is ridiculously persistent and debilitating. I am allergic to alcohol so BZD's are what I go to. Not anymore though...I have ruined this class of drugs for myself. They actually exacerbate my anxiety. Long term daily use will fuck you up bad.

I've never had roofies, but my god do I love flunitrazolam, maybe a little too much. Now there's some actual euphoria in there, it raises your tolerance pretty fast though. Couldn't notice the flualprazolam 2 days after having done flunitrazolam 2 days in a row, nevermind the etizolam, just feels like nothing on a regular dose after this.

I'm not even doing it weekly, but 5-7 days of rotating a couple different benzo's and then cessation will give me rls, lol. I just go along with it, I think I'd make an excellent drummer.

I've never had roofies, but my god do I love flunitrazolam, maybe a little too much. Now there's some actual euphoria in there, it raises your tolerance pretty fast though. Couldn't notice the flualprazolam 2 days after having done flunitrazolam 2 days in a row, nevermind the etizolam, just feels like nothing on a regular dose after this.

I'm not even doing it weekly, but 5-7 days of rotating a couple different benzo's and then cessation will give me rls, lol. I just go along with it, I think I'd make an excellent drummer.
Those high potency, newly designed benzos seem given to fucking up bzd tolerance. I just steer clear of them.

Other than etizolam, pyrazolam and bromazolam, I think I agree to generally steer clear of them. I just wish I could sleep. And that those latter two were more available, haven't tried either but they seem to be even more functional than etizolam, which is pretty functional already for me.

Haven't noticed much if any sedation/muscle relaxation on etizolam (I could just not be remembering it either), doesn't make me sleep on even a high (2-4mg) dose without much of a tolerance. 250mcg flunitrazolam did it for me though, if used sparingly it's not really a problem, but certainly don't make it a habit. Don't make any benzo a habit unless prescribed really.

I'd prefer to have flunitrazolam around over etizolam as a tripkiller, perfect stuff for that.

@Blowmonkey

Huh, etizolam does the trick for me (at equivalent doses, it's much more sedating than alprazolam imo) and helps me nod off at night after stims or acid, plus any dose above 2mg has good muscle relaxation ime. I also consider it to be a real bzd even though its really a tzd simply because unlike the rest of the RC bzds, etizolam has a long history of use and is prescribed in Eastern countries. There's quite a body of research behind it that makes me feel a lot better about it than say, diclazepam.

Your not getting that effect could be either your use of stronger bzds ruining your tolerance, or simply down to the fact that your brain reacts less to it than others. Like for me, I don't see why people use clonazepam, it literally does almost nothing for me, even at 2mg (maybe I could get something from 4mg but that's a lot of cpam cost-wise and I can't justify that when alpraz and diaz do so much more at much lower dosage equivalencies). Other people will be buzzed off their ass from 2mg cpam.

I like having a variety of bzds around because they all target different receptors in different ways, and thus I can have a bzd for any situation. Diazepam is my favorite, so classic, then alprazolam, then etizolam, then clonazepam. Diclazepam felt nothing like diazepam to me and would just knock me out for 2 days, whereas others claim it's a decent bzd.

I do wana try pyrazolam bad though. Something between alprazolam and bromazepam? Yes please!

Don't make any benzo a habit unless prescribed really.
I totally agree. I only let myself have a dependence because it's doctor ordered for otherwise untreatable GI pain. Though, the doc only gives me alpraz, I seek out the rest. Can't help it, I love the different ways different bzds can relax my mind and body.

Last edited:
The 2/4 mg of etizolam did as much as the 1mg I take as a regular dose. It just keeps making me manic instead of knocking me out. But the flunitrazolam and flualprazolam adding to the tolerance, for sure, that builds fast if those pelletized dosages are on the strong side. It's not like I do this often though, it's literally 5-7 days at the most I take a benzo a day and then quit for a week or more, bt apparently it was enough for some rebound issues.

I can't remember much about diazepam and alprazolam tbh, it was too long ago, literally 20 years for the valium. I did a big dose of diazepam and had no idea what to expect, but it certainly didn't knock me out or made me blackout, lol, much anyways. The xanax wasn't taken in excess and was just a handful of times as well, but about as much sedation as etizolam on a therapeutic dose for both.

I still want something of everything around just to see what works best for what, don't know how something is untill I try it really. But pyrazolam and bromazolam sound perfect, ofcourse you need some diclazepam around for when you get into the habit too much and you need to taper, and also roofies, I still want those, also I guess i could use some clonazepam to see how it compares to clonazolam which I found not as pleasant as flualprazolam and flunitrazolam.

I somehow forgot I once had phenazepam, I wonder what happened to that sample, I don't remember.

I just wanna put a fluni in my puni and feel funni.

Ahhhh, mental problems, gotta love em. And benzo's.

Why:

Relief from both chronic and extreme anxiety can be a euphoric experience. Trust.

Also. For the same reason people use alcohol at parties, taking some benzos is a great way to be comfortable and cool talking to new people, or relaxed on a first date... provided you don't overdue it.

Benzos can be used to safely enhance opiates/barbs provided one is careful and lucky.

Yet another is to both enhance euphoric qualities of stimulants while mitigating the negative ones.

I could go on, noteworthy: benzos have caused me the most problems of any type of drug or med.

The feeling of going from anxious to relieved is a high in and of its self. Now I will say these days my general anxiety is practically nil, so the recreational value of benzos has gone down for me.

The only benzo I liked that I tried really was valium. It seems more balanced than say Xanax. The muscle relaxation is very nice as well with diazepam. I wish they sold it over the counter lol.

benzo can be good but trying to get high of benzos is fucyour ken stupid, fuck you take one bar and your relaxed take a second and next thing you know youre walking torwards your cell carrying your matress

It's fun. Plus as others said it's calming to people with anxiety. At least for me, i can finally get rid of that inside- voice that constantly badgers me

............ because it's such a relief from the daytime stress. Alprazolam i like most for it. Sleep is much better.

JJ