• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do people smoke weed at school/work?

I used ton smoke at school coz it made class go faster ime, i used to draw during class, and drawing high is mad fun... you get good inspiration

it passes time; work/school is so boring. It also helps people like me focus; I am far more productive with cannabis. For manual labour it eases the pain and redundancy of that type of work.

i've had the same experience as the OP. when i pay attention in class, i have a lot better time and it goes by more quickly. same with work. likewise, no matter how much i smoke beforehand, i'm going to come down and be tired/bored/burnt out in a few hours. i'd far rather be sober. plus, my life is generally a lot happier when i do what i need to do instead of getting stoned and ignoring it.

It makes every boring, shitty and miserable thing a little more fun.

it used to have that effect on me. but i think at this point, what weed really does is amplify how i'm feeling about whatever i'm doing. it makes fun things more fun, but it also makes boring things more boring.

To pass time, something to do....better than being sober....duh

I don't get why anyone would want weed if they were somewhere they don't want to me. For me, weed makes time pass slower, so smoking it at work = time passes slower.

If that's the biggest reason why you wouldn't, then nice!

I wouldn't do it because it's an incredibly stupid idea especially where I work or went to school. Being fired/expelled/arrested and having that paranoid thought while high is such a colossal bad idea. I regretted just smoking with a friend the other day who was a lot less cautious than I, doing it at work or school is unfathomable.

Plus pot is easy to smell, see the effects of, etc. it's such a bad drug to use where you shouldn't.

Taking some stimulants to prep for work or school though, that can be an excellent idea!

I like reading/studying high, however I could never attend class or a lecture high; just isn't for me. I can see why some people do it, but like Chainer I believe my notes would fail me if I ever got high before a class.

I am a software developer, and it's weird how if I smoke before I come in I will generally get more work done because I am "plugged in" per se. It's hard to explain in words but I feel writing code flows more naturally with a gentle buzz.

Ricky says it best

Randy: I can't get stoned, Ricky.

Ricky: What do you mean? It's shitty work. Everybody does that, all right? Carpenters, electricians, dishwashers, floor cleaners, lawyers,
doctors, fuckin' politicians, CBC employees, principals, people who paint the lines on the fuckin' roads, get stoned, it'll be fun, get to work! Oh, and this is the most important, go down to the Shit-Mart. I need a bag of chicken chips. If they don't have chicken, get me dill pickle. And I want a chocolate milk.

I usually smoke before my lectures, but not usually before labs and things where I need to be fully engaged. For me, a bowl before I shower in the morning and a bowl 10 minutes before I walk out the door for class is a great way to start the day. I also used to smoke before school everyday in high school, and I graduated within the top 30 out of 400+ in my class. It doesn't change my school performance, so why not go to class feeling good :p? At work, my boss knows I smoke and lets me take bowl breaks because I always get my stuff done and me being high has never been an issue.

Totally dude try,actually tripping in school jk it sucks seriously never do it .... ok do it

If that's the biggest reason why you wouldn't, then nice!

I wouldn't do it because it's an incredibly stupid idea especially where I work or went to school. Being fired/expelled/arrested and having that paranoid thought while high is such a colossal bad idea. I regretted just smoking with a friend the other day who was a lot less cautious than I, doing it at work or school is unfathomable.

Plus pot is easy to smell, see the effects of, etc. it's such a bad drug to use where you shouldn't.

Taking some stimulants to prep for work or school though, that can be an excellent idea!
what a square

Stonedwalrus, any more spam like that and there will be some action taken by staff. Please don't try to rack up your post count by posting uselessly three times in a row. In general, posts around a focus forum should have some level of substance, not just saying "square".

Thanks.

Smoking before school or any crowded place makes me feel very depressed. I feel alienated because of all the shittery around me, people just seem very very plastic.

Randy: I can't get stoned, Ricky.

Ricky: What do you mean? It's shitty work. Everybody does that, all right? Carpenters, electricians, dishwashers, floor cleaners, lawyers,
doctors, fuckin' politicians, CBC employees, principals, people who paint the lines on the fuckin' roads, get stoned, it'll be fun, get to work! Oh, and this is the most important, go down to the Shit-Mart. I need a bag of chicken chips. If they don't have chicken, get me dill pickle. And I want a chocolate milk.

lol jalapeno chips; it's true though we all get high.

Smoking is habitual and while it makes time goes a little slower, it makes things more bearable.

if youre a moderator of the cannabis forum you should probably realise why smoking grass before study and homework is an incredibly retarded idea.