• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why do people refer to Ecstasy and Molly as though they are two different things?

I've always gone with with it in crystalline form and referred to it as "MDMA" in order to avoid confusion/reduce chances of receiving something adulterated.
I guess I could ask for "3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine" but I think that'd get me shot haha.
Don't forget to wear your special drug buying t-shirt when you ask your dealer for 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine, usually gets you a discount

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C6145QQUGN8L.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX522_.png

@BlueBull
I only meant that the product can be adulterated regardless of what it is called. The user should not make special assumptions about the product based only on the name. It does matter as far as culture, perception, etc are concerned. But the end user should not assume that molly is always pure, or ecstasy is always pure. Those are not safe assumptions to make.

I've always gone with with it in crystalline form and referred to it as "MDMA" in order to avoid confusion/reduce chances of receiving something adulterated.
I guess I could ask for "3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine" but I think that'd get me shot haha.

Good practice haha. I’ve always gone with crystal as well. No telling what’s in a pill whereas if the crystal rests well then at least you know what dose you’re getting

@BlueBull
I only meant that the product can be adulterated regardless of what it is called. The user should not make special assumptions about the product based only on the name. It does matter as far as culture, perception, etc are concerned. But the end user should not assume that molly is always pure, or ecstasy is always pure. Those are not safe assumptions to make.
I agree completely with everything you say here. And, now reading your previous post again I think I misinterpreted it a bit. I was merely responding to the fact you say "it doesn't matter what it's called" in the last part of your post. But rereading that, you meant that in a different manner than I originally understood. Apologies. I will leave my reply as is, since it does reflect well an opinion of mine on the general topic. But in reply to you, I agree with everything you have said, my too hasty disagreement came from the fact that I think this distinction between forms of MDMA is more harmful than most people would suppose and it is being treated too lightly, it is something that should be resisted I think

The term molly does not exist here, but over here there is such a distinction between the word for "pills" in my language and MDMA. Now for clarity if you say the word for "pill" in my language you mean, beyond any doubt whatsoever an MDMA pill. But still, they are regarded by most now as different drugs and it contributed to more dirty drugs in both forms. I find it remarkable and alarming that, although we do not use the term molly over here and pills have historically been more pure than crystals (way more, the pills over here are/were legendary world wide) in the last decade the distinction has been made between the word for "pills" and MDMA and at the same time, the quality of pills started going down. Really makes you wonder. That's why I don't like it when people perpetuate that distinction. It encourages dishonesty, though I admit even without it that would still exist. Sorry if I'm rambling a bit, I'm stoned out of my skull

Last edited:
I normally let things like this go but if you think pills are less likely to be cut then you are so, so wrong. Anyone with decent knowledge on here can tell you that one, the VAST majority of pills and power are cut and, two, pills are notorious for being cut and probably more so than crystal.

And, yes, I’d be willing to be you are older than me but I’d also bet that I know a hell of a lot more about organic chemistry. Have you ever run and IR spectra? NMR spectra? Mass spec? Any type of chromatography? Do you know how they work? How to read them?

These two terms are meant to refer to the same drug - 3,4-methylenedioxymethylamphetamine. Yes you are entitled to your opinion, but at least make it an informed one as I doubt you could even write the chemical structure from the name.
[/

Hahahah this wins the dick swinging contest for the day. Say no more, you win. And yeah it’s so easy to cut a pill at a music festival or club, said no one ever. ✌?

Hahahah this wins the dick swinging contest for the day. Say no more, you win. And yeah it’s so easy to cut a pill at a music festival or club, said no one ever. ✌?

Has nothing to do with dick swinging, just about putting out blatantly false info.

You do realize that when these things are made they are rarely, rarely made with just MDMA lol. Maybe not ‘cut’ in terms of buying 50mg, adding 50mg of fluff and selling 100mg of product but absolutely mixed with a plethora of other things along with or entirely other than MDMA. If you claim to have been in this scene for 20 years then you would know that just like everyone else on this board

Before this whole discussion dies down, I have some fantastic unbelievable experience with powdered MDMA. Although it was provided in capsules. From a source that would consider the old school MDMA pills from the 90's inferiour products.

That supposedly superiour product had an effect distinct from the MDMA pills available. Some pills would come close to it. But the effects were that different the first time I took one cap it had me convinced I had taken a psychedelic instead of MDMA. It reminded me so much of mushrooms I considered it was Psylocybine. It wasn't, it tested as pure MDMA, but had a slow come up with sinus waves as the effects intensified and dropped on and on. Weird stuff, less desireable as the pills available. Which were also pure MDMA but more euphoric and less psychedelic.

Before this whole discussion dies down, I have some fantastic unbelievable experience with powdered MDMA. Although it was provided in capsules. From a source that would consider the old school MDMA pills from the 90's inferiour products.

That supposedly superiour product had an effect distinct from the MDMA pills available. Some pills would come close to it. But the effects were that different the first time I took one cap it had me convinced I had taken a psychedelic instead of MDMA. It reminded me so much of mushrooms I considered it was Psylocybine. It wasn't, it tested as pure MDMA, but had a slow come up with sinus waves as the effects intensified and dropped on and on. Weird stuff, less desireable as the pills available. Which were also pure MDMA but more euphoric and less psychedelic.
Is there a chance you had MDA? On some testkits (marquis being one of them) it produces the same colour for MDMA and MDA. Though you have probably already considered this I thought I'd mention it, since it fits the psychedelic description

That is a possibility but the supposedly MDA I took on occassion. Sold as XTC, but was clearly not or contained a considerable ammount of MDA in addition to the MDMA (were not tested). But these displayed the effects classical of MDA . OEV's like dot's of hair, smoke swirling around and humid mist like phenomena. They missed the empathy of XTC and the in your face come up, they sneaked up on you and stayed. Very sinisterly trippy but good fun. Very different effect then the powder in those caps.

The powder in the capsule was tested and went purple/ black. Probably Marquis and that indicates MD like substances. So can't rule out MDA. But the come up was just like a shroom trip right before it start's to get psychedelic. Got me real anxious the first time I took those, the guy was there so I gave him a hard time for selling me some sort of Psilocybin like substance. He assured me it was not. And indeed that was were the resemblance stopped and it turned into a slow wavey version of what I was used to from pills. Certain pill's did have a almost exact same profile. But this was, if it indeed was MDMA the most slow and wavey one I ever experienced. Was emphatic but very laid back style not that speeded up overdrive version of the MDMA pills available at the time.

One of the things in life that will remain unanswered, what ever turned purple black and was sold to me as MDMA. Still stands out between all those MDMA pills and the few maybe encounters with MDA. The one who sold claimed the guy who made this MDMA was doing this in a real lab, secretly. It didn't come from the regular illegal drug manufactur's lines.

You could shave it of as bullshit but if I compare it to the most opposite XTC I took. Where the come up could be as fast as 5 to 30 minute's and then blastoff from zero to full blown rolling. 3/ 4 hours later take another pill. Whatever makes the difference if what I was told is true something obviously does.

That is a possibility but the supposedly MDA I took on occassion. Sold as XTC, but was clearly not or contained a considerable ammount of MDA in addition to the MDMA (were not tested). But these displayed the effects classical of MDA . OEV's like dot's of hair, smoke swirling around and humid mist like phenomena. They missed the empathy of XTC and the in your face come up, they sneaked up on you and stayed. Very sinisterly trippy but good fun. Very different effect then the powder in those caps.

The powder in the capsule was tested and went purple/ black. Probably Marquis and that indicates MD like substances. So can't rule out MDA. But the come up was just like a shroom trip right before it start's to get psychedelic. Got me real anxious the first time I took those, the guy was there so I gave him a hard time for selling me some sort of Psilocybin like substance. He assured me it was not. And indeed that was were the resemblance stopped and it turned into a slow wavey version of what I was used to from pills. Certain pill's did have a almost exact same profile. But this was, if it indeed was MDMA the most slow and wavey one I ever experienced. Was emphatic but very laid back style not that speeded up overdrive version of the MDMA pills available at the time.

One of the things in life that will remain unanswered, what ever turned purple black and was sold to me as MDMA. Still stands out between all those MDMA pills and the few maybe encounters with MDA. The one who sold claimed the guy who made this MDMA was doing this in a real lab, secretly. It didn't come from the regular illegal drug manufactur's lines.

You could shave it of as bullshit but if I compare it to the most opposite XTC I took. Where the come up could be as fast as 5 to 30 minute's and then blastoff from zero to full blown rolling. 3/ 4 hours later take another pill. Whatever makes the difference if what I was told is true something obviously does.
I would not dream of calling your experience bullshit. I too have experienced vast differences in quality of product, both over the years (generally decreasing) and between different sources. Such vast differences that I think set and setting alone aren't enough to explain it. Plus, I've had very MDA-like experiences from high doses of lab tested MDMA + weed. Anything is possible

I do however not automatically associate psychedelic effects with good MDMA though. What I regard to be top-class MDMA, either from a decade or more ago or very rarely in recent times, does not really distinguish itself because of psychedelic effects. That's why I suggested MDA. Either that or a very high dose of MDMA. Were you by any chance smoking exceptionally strong weed or did you take any strong edibles? I've found that that can trigger psychedelia in MDMA

*edit*
Going a bit off-topic here, my bad. Returning to topic after this

Last edited:
I would not dream of calling your experience bullshit.

I do however not automatically associate psychedelic effects with good MDMA though. What I regard to be top-class MDMA, either from a decade or more ago or very rarely in recent times, does not really distinguish itself because of psychedelic effects. That's why I suggested MDA. Either that or a very high dose of MDMA. Were you by any chance smoking exceptionally strong weed or did you take any strong edibles? I've found that that can trigger psychedelia in MDMA

*edit*
Going a bit off-topic here, my bad. Returning to topic after this
The bullshit/ kaka la waka or koeiepoep, was me speaking my thoughts out loud. Not to anyone in particular. Maybe to myself as it puzzle's me till this day what was going on with that MDMA powder .

And if you read carefully I specified the psychedelic like come up was the only part that resembled a psychedelic. After this it turned in a MDMA like experience but a very soft mellow one with effect's coming and going in waves. So it would be like the peak was over and it would come back again slow fashion.

The what I call typical MDA like hallucination's, you can get them from high dose MDMA too. Were totally absent. In general it mostly resembled MDMA or even Methylone. But what made it stand out from these two is the timeline which seemed strechched out. Making the waves very prominent in the experience. I had MDMA pills that were slower in the come up, more mellow and wavey but nothing like this powder.

I never quite understood how many people believe MDMA has a very very calming effect. don't get me wrong I can see that point of view completely, but I still feel a lot of amphetamine like characteristics and I have a very blissful clean energy

I never quite understood how many people believe MDMA has a very very calming effect. don't get me wrong I can see that point of view completely, but I still feel a lot of amphetamine like characteristics and I have a very blissful clean energy
What's yo age.

I wouldn't have thought the effect would change so much during my aging. But it used to energize me. Nowaday's it floors me, litterary mostly on my back but face down happens. Offcourse in between some time on one of my sides.

Same with 6-APB and Methylone, which has 1/3 the effect on serotonin as MDMA. So a matras or other good lying facility is a necessity these days. Weird I agree, something to do with emphatogen's I guess and the Serotonin. MDAI was torture imo, I mawned.

Funny you should mention that, I've recently brought up the psilocybin like psychedelic effect of the MDMA of old in the 'What's wrong with the MDMA available today?' thread...

I enjoyed MDA myselt
Yes MDA is great, however the poster was referring to MDAI, a research chemical and a different substance, which I think may still be legal and available in many places possibly even the United Kingdom.

It is said to be non-neurotoxic but I dont believe this has been outright obstantiated. I looked into a little bit out of interest and although there appear to be positive testimonies I came across so many reports of negative experiences of unpleasant side effects and reactions.

I believe all stimulants are neurotoxic and cardiotoxic. Even cathinones I feel. I'm really high from medical vape right now so if I went more on opinion then fact, my apologies.

Funny you should mention that, I've recently brought up the psilocybin like psychedelic effect of the MDMA of old in the 'What's wrong with the MDMA available today?' thread...
In the come up face in reminded me some much of mushroom s I though it was Psilocybine. Never got trippy beyond, not even like my few suppossedly MDA experiences. Just a slow wave roll, no in your face euphoria either.

I preffered pill's myself. Weird stuff

Yes MDA is great, however the poster was referring to MDAI, a research chemical and a different substance, which I think may still be legal and available in many places possibly even the United Kingdom.

It is said to be non-neurotoxic but I dont believe this has been outright obstantiated. I looked into a little bit out of interest and although there appear to be positive testimonies I came across so many reports of negative experiences of unpleasant side effects and reactions.
MDA is indeed nice and very different as MDMA. MDAI is so purely Serotonine, whole other drug. Ultimama flooring, beats the rest by long shot. Most flooring of all but not much fun.

Ignorance, really. Most people know nothing about drugs, all of us here seeking answers online are in the minority. Slang names happen - ecstasy for pills, molly for crystals/powder. Since it's 2 different names, many people think of them as 2 different drugs. This would happen even if both forms were always pure, clean MDMA.

Entirely agree