• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why do people mix MDMA with alcohol

MasterOfDeception

Bluelighter
It's dangerous[especially in larger amounts of alcohol, most MDMA deaths had also been accompanied with alcohol i think, not sure] and it doesn't add much up to the experience.. might get you a bit more 'fucked up' but the MDMA experience is degraded I think.
Your opinion?

some guy told me it gave him more energy, but hes not exactly a reliable source.

i try to do like 2 or 3 shots b4 i drop cuz i read somewhere on bluelight that it can increase the mdma absorbtion into the bloodstream...

personally 2-4 drinks will get me happy and slightly euphoric off alcohol, but not much more then that. so i figure why not have a beer or 2 b4 i drop, any amount of enjoyment i can add to the experience is good.

id never drop when properly drunk thou, i agree, it would kill the mdma experience. yerghk.

Drinking is a CNS depressant, thus dulling the effects of MDMA.

Alot of people drink on pills so that when the pill wears off, you're still drunk. Drinking also takes the anxiety out of the come-up.

Out of a total of 76 deaths involving MDMA reported in 2001, only 9 involved only MDMA.

20 were related to Alcohol + MDMA.

All of my friends who do e, drink when they do it. Having a few drinks before we get to the club is good fun, and then we have a few drinks while were rolling to. Coming down while your still a little drunk is much easier than when your sober. If you can handle your alcohol then a few drinks while your rolling isn't all that dangerous IMO, however if you cant then dont do it.

Since starting methadone maintanence I have for all purposes quit drinking. I used to drink at least a 6 pack a night of imported or micro brew beer and now, almost never.

But I can tell you that people drink alcohol to get drunk.

If you can handle your alcohol then a few drinks while your rolling isn't all that dangerous IMO, however if you cant then dont do it.

Problem is, you can't feel how dangerous it can be. I don't think it has a lot to do with how much you can handle alcohol.

wait wait what did u say auraithx?

can u describe slash link me to somewhere that describes the chemical effects of alcohol on mdma? because ive been under the impression that it potentiates it slightly, or at least makes more of it absorb

I had a very bad experience while extremely drunk and dropping a pill. Long story.

Never again!

i like to drink before dropping because it makes the come up alot easier and it is jus fun to do... i have dropped realy drunk and also after only a few drinks.. but most of the times i was sober. I think that the high is the same in all cases...

i always drink from say 8pm till 10pm then drink nothing till 12am-1am when i drop and water from there on in.

i was always under the impression that alcohol thins your blood increasing absorbtion or something.

when i dont drink it takes me like 90-100minutes to come up, when i drink it takes like 20 minutes, i guess its all state of mind.

I liked to have a pint before I came up to help with anxiety but once I was rolling, I went off having more beer. I also agree that a small amount of alcohol probably aids the absorption of MDMA into the blood stream.

this is a REALLY BAD IDEA, alchohal is a depressent and mdma is a stimulant, if your the kind of roller who like to dance and give lightshows, id recommend trading in that bottle for a blunt

ifonly said:
wait wait what did u say auraithx?

can u describe slash link me to somewhere that describes the chemical effects of alcohol on mdma? because ive been under the impression that it potentiates it slightly, or at least makes more of it absorb

Mixing Alcohol and MDMA can greatly increase the degree of intoxication while making the user less aware of it. Large amounts of alcohol mixed with MDMA can produce bizarre behavior with no memory of it the next day. Mixing stimulants and depressants can allow the user to unwittingly take dangerously large amounts of either since they counteract each other's effects. There have been some unexplained deaths involving mixing alcohol and MDMA. Most people that end up in the emergency room after using MDMA were mixing it with alcohol.

one is the party's drink.the other one is party's drug.i think there is nothing wrong mixin them together.as long as you are not extremely drunk then they should be a good combo.

thanx auriathx.

last time i drank b4 i dropped i was a living ragdoll laying in the corner of a room for 3 hours (quad drop of cleaaaan pills [supposedly] tho)

ill try the old sober thing next time and see if i get more energy

once again, appreciated

Why do people mix MDMA with alcohol

Because it's a nice combination. And I do it every single time I take ecstacy. It can't be that dangerous.

Same thing as "Why do people mix LSD and MDMA" or "Why do people mix ketamine with MDMA".

Simple answer....

Because they want to and enjoy it.....

people mix mdma and lsd(candyflipping) because psychodelics go well with a stimulant like x, and people mix mdma and ketamin(kittyflipping) because their stupid, thats just my opinion, ketamine is not a good drug, but mixing liquor and mdma is the worst combo, they cancle each other out, the 1 time i drank before popping, i only had 5 beers, and i didnt feel the pill at all

Fact of the matter is. I love the above combinations, especially K and MDMA. So therefore I will take them. End of story ...

And I think ketamine is an amazing drug (so it cannot be a bad drug).

And also, I have only ever taken ecstacy once without drinking (plus I take E every weekend near enough), and the effects were weak. I drink everytime, and the alcohol will only cancel out the MDMA if I am BLIND DRUNK.

the past couple of times i've rolled, i had a couple of drinks to ease my nerve prior to comeup. for me, the transition is so much smoother compared to if i was sober or even on weed. not necessary to get faded faded, just a good buzz going.

I usually wash down my first pill with my first beer. I just love drinking beer when the thirst kicks in, you know?

Nothing wrong with having a few beers, as long as you don't get too drunk. I would avoid spirits personally, but I don't really drink them much anyway.

Everything in moderation! :)