• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do oxycodone 10mg smell like vitamins?

Weezyboy23

Greenlighter
So Saturday I picked up my prescriptions from the pharmacy and the pharmacist told me they where out of the type of pill the usually give me so they gave me a different brand (NP) on one side and a (12) on the other side... when I got home and opened the bottle a weird smell came from the pills reminded me almost of vitamins or 1 a day kinda smell I called Walgreens and they told me they didn't know what I was talking about. My wife also said that the smell like vitamins is this common or something wrong!?!

some pills remind me of that vitamin smell you're talking about. could be the filler/binders? not certain but if you're getting it from the pharmacy you gotta understand that they don't wanna fuck up as much as you so i'd say it's probably normal but i haven't smelled many oxy pills lol.

PotatoMan that's the same thing that I was thinking I never really smell them either but literally right when I opened the the bottle the smell was very potent... I don't have some weird pill smelling fedish or anything and I looked them up online and they checked out probably is just the filler

I used to LOOOOVEE smelling my oxy... when it was crushed up with a straw in my nose! lol.. Your fine, if you got it from a chain pharmacy as big as walgreens! aint nothing to worry about, its just the same "new pill/vitamin" smell that happens a lot when first opening a pill bottle with new pills in there, we just don't always notice it, unless its a flavored med like suboxone for instance, if it was orange and didn't smell "orange like" at all, but like vitamins, I would say that's not right, when I used to get the suboxone tabs they smelled very "orangey" when opening the bottle... In other words, I highly doubt walgreens is trying to rip you off.. I wont lie, they are my least favorite pharmacy to go to as far as the meds I am scripted, and the worst generics of those meds is always what they seem to have had in stock when calling them/going in and asking, I am truly someone who believes that certain generics are far superior/inferior to others.. and walgreens always has had the inferior ones IME with them, most of the time.. that's about as far as I will go on that topic, as I know, we aren't supposed to discuss generic/brand medications here.. and not just that but the pharmacists at almost every walgreens I have gone to have been very rude to me for whatever reason, even though I am always polite to them upon entering the pharmacy.. I hate walgreens as far as filling my scripts goes, I will stick with my mom and pop pharmacy, where they actually give a fuck about you and your meds.. but still even though walgreens isn't the best (in my opinion at least) they aren't about to give you vitamins, instead of oxy! no way! they could face lawsuits, and all kinds of other problems doing something like that and they are one of, if not the biggest chain pharmacies in the US.. So I wouldn't worry about it.. This is just my 2 cents, and opinion on walgreens.. not saying that there aren't better stores around the country with nicer employees/pharmacists.. just my experience with the few stores I have gone to.

Last edited: