• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do I have such a high drug and alcohol tolerance?

pacifictheme

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

Last night I tried a CWE for the first time with 8 nurofen plus pills. I waited for an hour but I didn't feel anything at all. I'm going to try again tomorrow, with more pills (about 14 maybe) and this time, I will try it on an empty stomach.

But I have a feeling I probably don't have the enzyme that converts codeine to morphine. It's annoying as it's very hard for me to get drunk or high. I have to drink about 10 standard drinks before I get drunk.

I tried ecstasy once but I didn't feel anything at all (possibly could have been a crap pill though).

I did a lot of cocaine in South America, it was nice but not amazing. I just felt like I was drunk but alert. The best high I've had was from cocaine and alcohol but again, not anything amazing.

I can get high easily on pot but I get really paranoid. Same with mushrooms.

I am a 24 year old female, I weigh 65 kilos and I'm 1.70m tall. It's annoying because I know a lot of girls who are a similar build to me who can have a couple of drinks and be wasted.

Is it just that I have a high tolerance to drugs? Is there something else I could try? (prescription drugs preferably)

Cheers

10 standard drinks isn't very much for someone who can handle their liquor , which clearly u can . Also placebo plays a massive role in (mostly) girls when they drink , they spend more time trying to act drunk than they do drinking .

By the looks of things u just got crap drugs in all the other cases , except pot/shrooms .

Nurofen plus is only 8mg per pill isn't it ? In which case u didn't have enough for .. Anyone to feel anything really . I'd suggest 150mg codeine as a starting dose .

I would just say do a whole packet like I did my first time (which was 400mg , first opiate ever) but I got in trouble last time I said that :/

There are hundreds of other drugs out there , but at this time you have used most of the safer options already , stick to the ones uve tried , the rest lead to bad places . Try LSD though ! For sure ! Watch out for the paranoid symptoms there though and try MDMA again , when ur sure they're not duds .

Thanks PPC

I still have 28 pills left. If I take all of them in one go, that would be 360 mg of codeine. Is this a good idea for an inexperienced person? I don't want to be so high that my mum notices (still live at home).

I agree that 10 drinks isn't that much. It's annoying having to drink so much though, the cost and the amount of time having to line up at the bar etc.

^ short answer; no. Taking 360mg codeine without a tolerance is a good way to get ridiculously itchy and vomit all over the place. It is not a good idea.

im not completly sure but i think doses from 300-400mg are for people with a tolerance for codiene like they have been using so much/long that there bodys are already use to taking that heavy of doses. i dont know much about codiene nor do i consume it but off the little search i looked up they recommend 60-200mg for inexperienced users but it ranges for everyone, everyones different.

mdma is very rewarding ime if its legit its worth giving another shot just make sure there legit you can search pillreports.com if you have tablets to see if there legit or not, also cant use it often i recommend using mdma only up to 3-4 times a year.

also some people are just really tolerable with drugs but becarful with that thought because you could actually be really sensitive to a certain compound and could end up taking to much thinking you have a high tolerance and end up hurting yourself. always start with a reasonable dose your first time or start with a dose that you know wont do much just to see how you react to it at first, going out of the way just to make sure is well worth it with drugs always good to be extra safe.

^ short answer; no. Taking 360mg codeine without a tolerance is a good way to get ridiculously itchy and vomit all over the place. It is not a good idea.
Follow this advice.

First time i took Opiates i went in at the deep end and was sick as a dog! Non-Stop projectile vomit for 12 hours, i could barely see, i could barely hear, i could just about stand up and walk (well stagger!) I couldn't pee, i felt like i was on the brink of death, i was close to taking myself to hospital.

But thanks to Bluelight i was talked through my nightmare and eventually after 15 hours or so of hell i began to come round.

Btw the Opiate in question was Buprenorphine and i had zero Opiate tolerance, i was given 2x8mg tabs and if it wasn't for the info that Bluelight gave me then me being me i would of just took the 2 pills and id hate to think what could of happened, but some members of the Bluelight community told me to chip tiny crumbs off the pill and try less than 1 mg for my first time but the crumb i chipped off was probably bigger than what had been suggested and therefore i went through a nightmare but at least i came out the other side.

Bluelight is not just harm reduction it can be life-saving. <3

Thanks guys.

I will take 14 pills tomorrow (160 mg of codeine) and report back how it goes.

I did have a bad trip that one time I did mushrooms (extreme paranoia) and really don't want to experience anything like that again.

The biggest harm you can reduce, is a preventable fatality.

Follow canes advice, it is as wise as it is sound.

Don't try to force a high out of something that might not even be there to begin with. There are people who don't feel much if anything from codeine, besides the side effects, myself included. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Also, there is so much more to tolerance than your build, weight, height, etc. That really doesn't have much to do with it from what I've seen.

Hi pacifictheme,

We're not here to help you get high I'm afraid. We certainly can't advise you what else to take. Please take a look at the BDD guidelines in my signature and the "state of BDD" sticky - we're a quick q&a forum for HR related queries. Dosage is something we do cover though, so as your thread has gone in that direction I'll leave it open :)

Definitely don't take 360mg codeine at once; 14 pills is more reasonable (assuming 8mg codeine per pill) but do remember not to mix with any other CNS depressants (alcohol, benzos etc) and take it steady.

It is possible you are a poor metaboliser of codeine to morphine, but codeine also exerts it's effects via a different metabolic pathway (producing codeine-6-glucuronide) and it's dangerous to assume you are and step up your dosage too high. It shouldn't affect how quickly you get drunk. Again, don't try drinking more and more and end up with alcohol poisoning..

NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN AT ALL but I'm not gonna lie: youre fairly big compared to some women...I'm a dude, 6' and weigh about 145lbs. You are about as big as me weight wise, albeit a good bit shorter, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was playing somewhat of a factor.

Although as you said, you could just have raw end of the deal and biochemistry and perhaps drugs dont effect you in such a good way. If they dont, do not keep trying them. The results will continue to be the same, and its insanity to repeat the same action and expect a different result.

If you dont get high after this give up on the codeine: it will only hurt you to keep attempting that which does not work but still puts addictive and harmful (in some ways) substances in your body.

Also anyone know if NUROFEN can even be CWE? Doesn't it contain ibuprofen, not APAP?? I didnt know you could CWE that

^ You can CWE ibuprofen yes, it is water insoluble (or poorly soluble anyway) so the majority of it will be removed. It's important to ensure you are doing it correctly though - there is a CWE megathread in the Other Drugs directory - link at the top of the Other Drugs forum.

^ yes u can CWE ibuprofen , i like ibuprofen alot better than paracetamol , its alot less soluble in water too . ibuprofen is 1mg/1ml , and paracetamol is 12mg/1ml .

OP , i wouldnt neccesarily say to give up after 160mg , my first dose was 380mg , and im 172cm tall , 60kg lol . if 160mg doesnt do it , try 200-250mg make sure ur doing a CWE because that amount of ibuprofen/paracetamol is not good at all .

160mg should give you a good idea of what to expect. Don't go above 200 your first time.

Hi guys,

Last night I tried a CWE for the first time with 8 nurofen plus pills. I waited for an hour but I didn't feel anything at all. I'm going to try again tomorrow, with more pills (about 14 maybe) and this time, I will try it on an empty stomach.

But I have a feeling I probably don't have the enzyme that converts codeine to morphine. It's annoying as it's very hard for me to get drunk or high. I have to drink about 10 standard drinks before I get drunk.

I tried ecstasy once but I didn't feel anything at all (possibly could have been a crap pill though).

I did a lot of cocaine in South America, it was nice but not amazing. I just felt like I was drunk but alert. The best high I've had was from cocaine and alcohol but again, not anything amazing.

I can get high easily on pot but I get really paranoid. Same with mushrooms.

I am a 24 year old female, I weigh 65 kilos and I'm 1.70m tall. It's annoying because I know a lot of girls who are a similar build to me who can have a couple of drinks and be wasted.

Is it just that I have a high tolerance to drugs? Is there something else I could try? (prescription drugs preferably)

Cheers

I have a really high tolerance too man. I've
Pretty much tried everything... from heroin which is my drug of choice to pills, angel dust you name it ive done it. I even try to lay off of the shit to see if I can get fucked up If I consume (clean). Ive never even over dose. And trust me ive taken amounts of shit. I was prescribed 1 mg clonazepam 120 4 times a day. One time I had 43 of em, and chew them all up.

I know this thread was started like 2 years ago but I wanted to ad some info. I too have a very high tolerence. I usually have to take at least twice a much as the next guy even for a therapeutic dose. I've found stimulants work the best but like I said at atleast twice the dose. If I were to take opiates on two days in a row I we need to almost double it again to have the same effect so I've been searching for answers myself. The main reason I'm posting is to comment on codeine. I'm no expert but I've ran in to numerous post explains that unlike other opiates codeine is converted to morphine in the body through the liver using an enzyme called CYP2D6. In most cases your liver can only convert so much. So at really high doses your basically wasting it any way. The link below has some good info including info on people with hight or lower amounts of CYP2D6 but basicly I just stay away from it.
http://www.worstpills.org/public/page.cfm?op_id=414

On a side note I also have a really high alcohol tolerence but pot knocks me on my ass. I have almost no tolerance so I'm thinking it's a liver thing.

Do you use opiates daily? Do you make believe you have a high tolerance based upon your experience with the weak drugs you have tried recently?

I am curious about tolerance with each individual.

Codeine also inhibits its own metabolism making redosing pointless. I don't know if you are adding more after your initial dose, but I have known some people to take 200mg, then add 300mg by topping up with 100mg every hour. These people then assume they need 500mg of Codeine, then take 40-50mg Morphine and end up spewing their guts up. Codeine should be dosed once, every dose after is borderline ineffective.

If you are CYP2D6 deficient, so be it, but don't use other drugs thinking you need excessive doses because of it.
I found out I am a hyper-metaboliser of Tramadol when 100mg had me wasted, but 750mg Codeine wouldn't touch the sides....

I'm pretty sure that CWE won't work with Nurofen, you need co-codamol (paracetamol/codeine) for it to work properly. But be careful, as although CWE does work, it's not a definite science. Stay safe.

I'm pretty sure that CWE won't work with Nurofen, you need co-codamol (paracetamol/codeine) for it to work properly. But be careful, as although CWE does work, it's not a definite science. Stay safe.

No, it's Ibuprofen, it will work for a CWE. You are correct about it not being an exact science though of course.