• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do I feel so oily, unlean, and gross after a LSD/acid trip??

sunnshine826

Greenlighter
My friends and I have all noticed this. I feel like my pores seem bigger, oilier, and sometimes I even break out just a tiny bit but nothing really noticeable. I feel like I look gross but everyone says I look fine and my friends say they feel and look gross but they look fine to me. I also notice I can smell things more. The break out thing is true though. Often after I trip a white head or 2 will pop up. This has been since I've first done it 5 years ago. Its definitely not bad acid because trust me I've had bad shit before. My friend and I were suggesting that maybe our bodies excrete toxins or w/e through our pores while and after tripping??? Who else feels this way and has a good explanation.=?

I actually feel the polar opposite after most acid trips. I feel spiritually refreshed and ready for life again.

I'd imagine your gross feeling is attributed to the lack of sleep, which does happen to me sometimes. I've never had problems with breaking out but perhaps the stress of the trip has something to do with it. I honestly have no clue though, this isn't even an educated guess. The increased ability to smell, or enhanced senses in general, are part of the LSD experience. My sense of taste and smell are enhanced on an acid trip.

Because you haven't slept for 24 hours?
I think this is the best explanation. LSD, as wonderful and beautiful as it is, is taxing on your body. You sweat a lot, you're up for unusually long amounts of time, you likely barely eat if at all. It can be a taxing experience... not to say it isn't worthwhile though :)

In fact, one of my favorite parts of an acid trip is taking that long over due shower at the tail end. Watching the water droplets form on the wall and hearing the constant sound of water is just so... relaxing. Plus, you get a chance to clean up those nasty, sweaty pores!

Probably from the activities that you're doing while tripping. I turn into a little kid when I take LSD. I love running around, being active, dancing like a maniac, and keeping the fun going for long periods of time. Generally that involves lots and lots of sweating, being dirty, and eventually being worn out. By the end I always feel like a shower is necessary. LSD in itself is extremely refreshing, like others have said. All you need is a shower at the end and you'll feel completely refreshed. :)

Seconding the above: A good night's sleep and a shower is what you need.

Don't let it harsh your mellow (thanks sekio!) Perhaps have a shower before you go to bed.

This is pretty normal. The stimulant effects of LSD will cause you to sweat more than usual, especially if you walk around while you trip. Furthermore, the lingering psychedelic effects on the tail end of an LSD trip (and the tiredness / discomfort of a comedown) can make the "oily" feeling or "dirtiness" seem more intense or uncomfortable than what you normally feel if you sweat a lot without taking a shower.

Happened to me the first time I did 'cid...I'll never spend 12 hours tripping in a porta-potty again.

This is common. When I was a teenager and had an infinite supply of good acid I used to trip 2-3 times in a week at times. I always hated the after feeling. I would feel dirty and sometimes itchy. But oddly enough when I would wake up from my deep sleep I would feel super clean. So.yeah I believe it is just simply exhaustion.

I sweat like crazy during trips, when I look in the mirror my hair is fucked and I look like I was camping in bush for weekend, even when I didn't go anywhere. I always make sure to shower and groom before but after 8 hours I am mess again. It's part of it and I am used to it.