• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why Diphenhydramine makes music so special?

delphinen

Bluelighter
This is a legit question; I would like to know why Diphenhydramine, even small doses such as 50mg, makes music sound so different, why it increases the awareness and appreciation of music to levels that even hardcore drugs do not reach; as far I know this is the only antihistamine that have this effect, so what gives?
I doubt I'll get any answer, but being such a easy access drug and at the same time enhancing the music so much, I wonder how I never came across this question -or answer.

Some antihistamines do cause euphoria there is no point in naming them there is a thread about this. There actually is nsaid type antihistamines that also is a stimulant

Diphenhydramine, in 50-150mg doses, does not cause euphoria, in fact, in causes dysphoria.

I never said benedryl did. For me IV promethazine with bupe was so euphoric and I only felt the prometh rush. Anyway man people do get euphoria with 50-100mg doses it really depends.For me i cant feel my suboxone when i take benedryl on top of it i feel it a lot of it can also be placebo which is a huge part. there are firwt hand experinces of people actually getting relaxed and falling asleep which can also feel euphoric in its own way.

Probably, but I'd also be willing to be it's highly variable between different people.

Such drugs never did anything in the way of increasing enjoyment of music for me, at least not as much as cannabis, mescaline, LSD, dissociatives, etc do, but to each one's own.