• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why Christianity is a false religion

This is my stance also. I do believe that there is a unifying source that is the causation of all existence, but all religions were the result of people having religious experiences and later other people creating an ideology that often has little to nothing to do with the original experience. Everyone has access to this source, but they must find it in themselves. A religion is the natural politicization of the religious experience because humans are naturally politically organized. If you have three people in a room, natural human politics form. Religion expresses this natural tendency. First it is oral tradition, later written down by others.

This process has occurred countless times over and over. It still is occurring as we speak, although now a shared secular experience is replacing individual experience to for a new type of religion, one with no god.

Man has created "the god" that the majority of people have as a concept.

Very this.
I'm an atheist to the point where I am an antitheist: I'm against the idea of organised religion as a whole. But at the same time, if you believe in a "god" or a "higher power" and that gives you some sort of comfort or makes you strive to be a better person then good for you! I'm happy for you.

Who are you addressing?

Regards
DL

I’m pretty sure she’s asking you. I have genuine curiosity as well. Why do you direct 100 % of your active involvement in Bluelight to really brutally and unequivocally slagging Christians and Christianity to a bunch of current and former drug addicts and drug users with mental health health problems? It’s not like you are after discussion or debate as part of a community and you don’t engage in any other topics.

Is there a purpose or goal to it all? Is there something emotional or psychological that you get out of it? If you have issues and find venting beneficial then that’s great but it wouldn’t hurt to realise that other people with issues find benefit out of their faith or the consolations of their religious beliefs.

I just don't get why your picking on Christians. All peoples are IMO will never admit there wrong unless it's too price there right. If you can follow. Pick on Muslims there the worst. Killing because of shame, reminds me of the Japanese and the kamikazes of there suicide after failure. I dunno. Christians got some great stories.. And no other people will help you out more then a person saying I'm Christian. What im saying is there is bad in everything nothings pure. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. My advise? Pray on it. 😁
Because Islam says there's one God; Muhammad was a prophet but not a reincarnation of God which would be blasphemy. Christians use Jesus as a god to control peoples' lives. I guess if you weren't forced into that belief system you wouldn't care but I do

Because Islam says there's one God; Muhammad was a prophet but not a reincarnation of God which would be blasphemy. Christians use Jesus as a god to control peoples' lives. I guess if you weren't forced into that belief system you wouldn't care but I do

What's the difference?

Honestly I think Jesus proximity to God only makes God look better, not worse. There's a reason most of my bitching about is about what the old testament described.

What's the difference?

Honestly I think Jesus proximity to God only makes God look better, not worse. There's a reason most of my bitching about is about what the old testament described.
Well because the Bible (OT, notably) specifically has passages where God says that there's no other god and that there's no greater sin than worshiping false gods and men. But you know, Paul had to change it up in the NT and allow idolatry and also pretend to be a Jew; we don't know whether he was or not but it's doubtful that he was based on historical writings. Rabbi Gamliel doesn't say he was his student ever yet Paul claims he was his student

I mean there are just so many examples where Christianity pretends to be something that it isn't and it's deceitful. In my lifetime I've seen Christian preachers become accepting of Judaism. Hopefully in my lifetime I can see everybody accept Jews as being right while Christianity is also right (to them). After all that'd be the most noble/Christian thing they could do; as it's scriptural. I say stick to the script. There's no reason to be a hypocrite. Peace

Last edited:
Well because the Bible (OT, notably) specifically has passages where God says that there's no other god and that there's no greater sin that worshiping false gods and men. But you know, Paul had to change it up in the NT and allow idolatry and also pretend to be a Jew; we don't know whether he was or not but it's doubtful that he was based on historical writings. Rabbi Gamliel doesn't say he was his student ever yet Paul claims he was his student

I mean there are just so many examples where Christianity pretends to be something that it isn't and it's deceitful

Sounds like what you're arguing about is the trinity and the prospect that it's polytheism and thus a violation of the first and second commandment.

Personally I have waaaay more of a problem with Catholics endlessly breaking the 2nd commandment than trinitarian Christians (aka almost all of them).

When I was homeless I actually had a catholic tell me I should pray to the virgin Mary, I was nice and polite and thanked her as you always do, but I'll admit I was kinda thinking to myself... "pray to Mary... Maybe your Bible is different to the one I grew up around but it was made pretty clear to me that you pray to God".

Yeah yeah yeah veneration not worship. I know the the catholic explanations for how what looks exactly like idol worship isn't actually idol worship. Guess I kinda feel like if it looks and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

Not that I wish to offend the Catholics, much as I do find the catholic church itself offensive. I just can't say I agree with their interpretations.

Last edited:
Well because the Bible (OT, notably) specifically has passages where God says that there's no other god and that there's no greater sin that worshiping false gods and men. But you know, Paul had to change it up in the NT and allow idolatry and also pretend to be a Jew; we don't know whether he was or not but it's doubtful that he was based on historical writings. Rabbi Gamliel doesn't say he was his student ever yet Paul claims he was his student

I mean there are just so many examples where Christianity pretends to be something that it isn't and it's deceitful. In my lifetime I've seen Christian preachers become accepting of Judaism. Hopefully in my lifetime I can see everybody accept Jews as being right while Christianity is also right (to them). After all that'd be the most noble/Christian thing they could do; as it's scriptural. I say stick to the script. There's no reason to be a hypocrite. Peace

The argument that Paul was not a Jew or was some kind of fake Jew is pretty marginal in mainstream Biblical scholarship. It is true that most of the evidence is in the biographical content of his own letters but there is also evidence in The Book of Acts written by the same author as the Gospel of Luke. The fact that Rabbi Gammaliel didn't mention him doesn't mean much. He perhaps didn't mention his other very unpromising students either or erased those who became apostates to the Jewish faith.

@JessFR Exactly. I went on a field trip to a Catholic church in school (yeah, fun field trip) and remember all the icons and statues with candles around them, people bowing and praying etc. That's my experience as a kid. I never believed in religion though so nothing phased me. I knew worshiping Jesus was wrong and worshiping God was probably okay if you genuinely believed in Him as a deity but never thought about it for myself or connected with it

But this kind of proves my point (I think), that Catholics have accepted Judaism as being a valid path for Jews. It may not have been that way when I was coming up but I don't honestly remember as I was too young to know what Catholics did and we didn't have the Internet to figure it out. I only knew one kid in school who was Catholic and never asked him about this kind of stuff

@Atelier3 Yet no Jewish scholar says (or even at the time) he was Jewish by birth

Well, worshiping Jesus is fine IF you accept the trinity.

If you accept it, and most denominations and most Christians do, then Jesus essentially is God. One of 3 forms of exactly the same God. Meaning Jesus isn't a false idle. He's a true idle.

Now I have my own degree of skepticism towards the trinity, but I'd still regard it as far more biblical than "venerating" worshiping Mary.

I think the trinity certainly has biblical basis, I'd more argue it as an open area of valid interpretation. For my many times stated distaste of calvinism, I'd say that of the points of calvinism too, I'm not entirely sure I fully agree with the interpretations but I can see honest theological backing for them.

I can't see honest theological backing for praying to Mary not being worshiping a false idol.

Last edited:
Well, worshiping Jesus is fine IF you accept the trinity.

If you accept it, and most denominations and most Christians do, then Jesus essentially is God. One of 3 forms of exactly the same God. Meaning Jesus isn't a false idle. He's a true idle.

Now I have my own degree of skepticism towards the trinity, but I'd still regard it as far more biblical than "venerating" worshiping Mary.
Sure. One can worship anything. That doesn't make it congruent to the rest of their beliefs though; like you'll burn in Hell if you deny Jesus as the Messiah. Luckily that kind of thinking is being phased out because well, it isn't in the Bible; unless you only accept the NT and ignore or distort the OT like Paul does because of course everything in the OT is about Jesus of Nazareth and not about Jewish history [sarcasm]. Let's alter that and put our idol in there who wasn't even born yet

Last edited:
Sure. One can worship anything. That doesn't make it congruent to the rest of their beliefs though; like you'll burn in Hell if you deny Jesus as the Messiah. Luckily that kind of thinking is being phased out because well, it isn't in the Bible; unless you only accept the NT and ignore or distort the OT like Paul does because of course everything in the OT is about Jesus of Nazareth and not about Jewish history [sarcasm]. Let's whitewash that and put our idol in there

I edited in some more stuff to my post but it's mostly just extending on my original thoughts.

Really it comes down to what parts of the bible you accept as reliable. And how you interpret what it says. There's a lot to read and so much room for interpretation.

Especially when you add in all the existing interpretations to go over. The trinity itself is largely an interpretation.

I would argue that taking the Bible as a whole, what God asks of you is your faith and worship. That in the end that is the measure by which you will be judged.

Do you want to spend eternity with God, or not?

I think that would be the crux of my interpretation of the scripture. But there are certainly valid ways to disagree with it, along with almost everything in the Bible.

I get what you're saying. I guess for me it's more about being anti-Semitic. That's what scares me about Christianity. It can get anti-Jew very quickly; not name-calling but flat out ignoring Jewish history by replacing it with speculative (made up) prophecies about Jesus. Once again though, I was raised in nondenominational Christianity which you'd think would be accepting but it was very much influenced by people like Bob Larson. But I get the sense that that's changed a lot since then and this group basically accepts Judaism as a valid belief system (like John Hagee) yet recognizes that they're gentiles kind of in the historical perspective if that makes sense

When I was growing up though it was very much about saving yourself from Satan and not being like the Pharisees/Sadducees (the former, just Orthodox Jews nowadays)

Open your eyes by googling what was written on his armies belt buckle?
I see that as comparable to the U.S. legal tender emblazoned-proclamation for whom 'we' (we the money or it's spenders?) entrust.

Which comes across nonsectarian, and a broad show of putative humility in the face of what they otherwise do control. Almost a sort of insurance to the conscientious objectors and market renunciates that the system is respecting the whims of a higher power to themselves in regard to the contrary power source inherent with them, whether the German army or U.S. Treasury, to whom all the other considerations taken in their respective context of where they feel these sentiments are best required to be represented (whether at the power to buy and sell or wage war, respectively)

The 'spiritual' revisionism of that dozen year coercive social engineering legacy had less consistency in it's final form than the French Terror did as to its specifics of what it was insistent on usurping or rearranging; at least when it didn't come to a question of national identity and their controlling of territory; all otherwise they were rather ambivalent.

I just don't get why your picking on Christians.

Do you believe that teaching kids that women and gays are inferior to men, and that a genocidal god is somehow a good God, is OK?

That is what you promote when promoting Christianity.

They honor St. Hitler and his better, Yahweh/Jesus. Heil Jesus.

Regards
DL

I'm happy to just drop it though, as I said in the beginning I had doubts I'd get any kind of answer I'd entirely make sense of.

My advice to any who question anything.

Mythos will leave you thirsting.

Drinking from logos refreshes adults.

Regards
DL