• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Growing Why are some of my plants suddenly dying?

I don't know any info about your plants, how could i possibly know? I learned when leaves start to turn a bit yellow, they probably need some food.

Shall I just do the tomato feed once a week then and water daily?
You can use that for now, but read the back for feeding directions. And go a little less then recommend, I would recommend you get future harvest liquid nutrients, mix with water ph down to 6.4ph and feed. For my baby girls I make 20lt buckets, and only use about .5 ml per liter.

I will feed em from now on. When I was a kid I was able to make a few plants flower without feeding them once. What a surprise, still learning.

Thankyou @R3K I'll feed every 3 days, it's ready made tomato feed which is easier than making it up and easier to store, but when I run out and the plant gets bigger I'll use a different feed, I don't know anything about PH, I just grow them in my window, and then the woods and as I live in the UK it's surprising it actually grew buds being outside like that, hardly being watered or fed, just rain and sunshine and a natural habitat lol, I went a few times with water and maybe plant food, but mostly nature took over

Reactions: R3K
So what would be probably be the healiest plant food for cannabis that you can could easily make yourself? I make a fine spaghetti...But with or without tabasco ?

Thankyou @R3K I'll feed every 3 days, it's ready made tomato feed which is easier than making it up and easier to store, but when I run out and the plant gets bigger I'll use a different feed, I don't know anything about PH, I just grow them in my window, and then the woods and as I live in the UK it's surprising it actually grew buds being outside like that, hardly being watered or fed, just rain and sunshine and a natural habitat lol, I went a few times with water and maybe plant food, but mostly nature took over
You're welcome it's no problem 👍, I'm at work right so cant explain ph to you right now, but not much to it.
So what would be probably be the healiest plant food for cannabis that you can could easily make yourself? I make a fine spaghetti...But with or without tabasco ?
I have used many different types of nutrients, from cheap af to the most expensive, and your best bet is the future harvest starter kit, comes with every thing you need can probably feed 9 plants for 100$ from a grow store. Got to go back to work 😭

I don't know any info about your plants, how could i possibly know? I learned when leaves start to turn a bit yellow, they probably need some food.
That could also mean they have a nutrient deficiency, or nutrient lockout and a few other things.

Definitely with Tabasco! Haha

Sorry was on my brake driving back from McDonalds, eating a hamburger and smoking some weed and responding to you. haha

I missed the part about making it your self, lol.

I'm way more experienced with hydroponics then soil, but. I know there is a few growers on YouTube that make there own food, I would search there for help, if you want to make your own food.

I know guano along with bone meal, chicken manure, and some other things are good.

Guano provides a broad spectrum of essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals in the vegetation stage. But you need nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium also, that's way to time consuming for me.

It is so much easier to just use liquid nutrients, and mix with water. 6.4ph for soil and 5.8ph for hydro, depending on your nutrients.

When I was using Sensi Grow with the Advanced nutrients line, I had like 1200$ in nutrients from them. The ph would rise after a day or two after feeding, so I started at 5.5ph and two days later it would settle on 5.8ph.

That's actually really good because plants absorb different minerals at different ph levels. So it's not a bad thing if you can vary the ph level.

Buy a ph tester pen off Amazon for 20$ and some ph down for
10-20$ and a needle less measuring syringe 20ml/cc, or a small measuring shot glass. Dont worry so much about PPM.

Don't worry much about food, you can really hurt a plant by trying to feed it like that. I grow a large garden every year and my routine has always been the same. I mix in a good portion of cow shit that's turned grey in the fall or early spring. I water it in well and let it sit for at least a couple or weeks to a month. Once my plants are ready to go outside I just put them in that soil and only give them water for the rest of the season.

If you're doing small plots of plants here is a trick; Get a post hole digger. Dig holes with it about 3-4 feet deep. Fill the hole with a mix of potting soil and cow shit that has dried/turned gray. You can substitute with bat shit but cow shit is easier to come by. Once the plant is established water it at least every other day, every day if the weather is really dry. If there has been a lot of rain don't worry about watering yourself. Keep an eye on your plants they will let you know when they're thirsty or over watered. If you dig holes like I've told you the cow shit will feed them for the entire season and the hole will hold plenty of water for them in reserve. You're basically making a small well for the roots to grow down into.

Another tip: If you're lazy like me and have bats roosting near by you can plant your garden right under their nest. The soil will be good because it's full of bat shit. Just be careful when tending to your plants because bats might fall out and end up in them and you don't want to get bit. I have bats living under the eve of my house and don't remove them because they eat bugs and I put my tomato plants under them every year. The plants I put there always do better than the ones I have elsewhere.

If you use blood/bonemeal be aware that a lot of animals will dig that up because it smells like a food source. I avoid it now after having lost many plants to animals digging them up to get to the bloodmeal. If you're going to use something like that, or fish, or any other type of animal you're better off burying them in the fall. That way they're broken down and the soil is ready to go in the spring.

Thanks for the info but i have a few small packages of plant food from the place where i got my seeds and I'd rather have no cow shit in my living room : s

• Haha
Thanks for the info but i have a few small packages of plant food from the place where i got my seeds and I'd rather have no cow shit in my living room : s
I think we posted at the same time, lol. Jynx you owe me a beer, haha

Sure, I have enough beer in my fridge. Cheers. Hmm, where did i put my glass : s

• Love