• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Why America Is the Only Place in the World Where People Use PCP

I dont know how readily available it is these days but about 10 years ago I was living in a little town on the edge of Camden NJ and was smoking "wet" several times a week. We would take the bus down into the city and were able to buy jars of wet on several different street corners from random dealers. A jar was enough to roll a decent blunt that was enough to get 2 of us high af Supposedly most of what you can buy on the streets is embalming fluid (formaldehyde) which apparently produces a high very similar to PCP. I don't think dealers are synthesizing PCP all that much but I could be wrong. There were several times I was completely whacked out of my mind and had no clue where I was or what I was doing. Not sure how I didnt end up dead or in jail. I did come out of it in the hospital once bc I blacked out on the train and people called 911. Its definitely mentally addictive but not so much physically. My mom has a friend who's son went psycho on it and tried to gouge out his own eyes and had punched holes in his walls and lined them with tin foil to block out the "feds from listening in on him". He ended up institutionalized. Not sure if he ever recovered or not.

It was a fun and interesting drug but I would definitely not recommend abusing it/excessive or long term use. Its been years since I messed with it, I would never do it now.
The formaldehyde thing is an urban myth

You tried it?
There's no way actual formaldehyde will give a similar high to PCP. It might fuck you up tho.

It's just stupid it somehow became slang for PCP, then eventually people who don't know much about drugs started thinking Formaldehyde is actually the same thing as PCP lol.

Ive read PCP is very much like ket except in the fact that people on it have energy.
It's like a darker version of ketamine, and you feel poisoned. When I took a lot of it felt literally like being in a dream, even more so than a K-hole. But I didn't find it particularly energizing.

I dont know how readily available it is these days but about 10 years ago I was living in a little town on the edge of Camden NJ and was smoking "wet" several times a week. We would take the bus down into the city and were able to buy jars of wet on several different street corners from random dealers. A jar was enough to roll a decent blunt that was enough to get 2 of us high af Supposedly most of what you can buy on the streets is embalming fluid (formaldehyde) which apparently produces a high very similar to PCP. I don't think dealers are synthesizing PCP all that much but I could be wrong. There were several times I was completely whacked out of my mind and had no clue where I was or what I was doing. Not sure how I didnt end up dead or in jail. I did come out of it in the hospital once bc I blacked out on the train and people called 911. Its definitely mentally addictive but not so much physically. My mom has a friend who's son went psycho on it and tried to gouge out his own eyes and had punched holes in his walls and lined them with tin foil to block out the "feds from listening in on him". He ended up institutionalized. Not sure if he ever recovered or not.

It was a fun and interesting drug but I would definitely not recommend abusing it/excessive or long term use. Its been years since I messed with it, I would never do it now.
Exactly how fun is that getting high on Angel Dust, going psychotic? Been to Camden many of times, it's now worse than Newark.

Last edited:
I know a long time ago there was a small section in Camden that was still good, I forget the name of the section in Camden, but it was a White neighborhood, don't mean to sound racist but, that was the only part you could walk around, just like the Ironbound section of Newark that back in the day was 90% White.

I don't think that area exists in Camden anymore though, but I might be wrong, just like the State Capitol Trenton, has become worse than Newark and possibly Camden, where Newark use to rate the number one most dangerous city in the U.S., not anymore they've done a lot cleaning up in Newark now, you still have to be careful what parts in Newark you go to but it's not rated as bad as Camden or Trenton.
Great... doesn't sound like a good environment for my daughter then.

My ex moved there to marry some dude she met online. She did the same thing when we got married. I mean she's from the phillipines. We met online. I visited the Philippines and proposed then she moved here with her son. Craziness lol

My ex moved there to marry some dude she met online. She did the same thing when we got married. I mean she's from the phillipines. We met online. I visited the Philippines and proposed then she moved here with her son. Craziness lol
Dueterte is wreaking havoc over there sending out death squads and everything.

The war on terror is serious there. Nothing like here. Every mall you enter they'll search your bags for weapons. Every parking lot will have some guards with assault weapons checking under your vehicle for bombs with mirrors. Suicide bombers blowing up buses and shit all the time there.
It's a war.

The south ia full of Muslim extremists. They've found all kinds of crazy shit regarding terror cells.

It's such a poor country with so much corruption. Poverty is so bad there. People living in squatter areas with no water or sewers.
I saw a real live leper begging on the street there. So many people digging through the trash for food scraps. What a country!

Camden County is huge, there are some really great areas in Camden County. Cherry Hill is in Camden County and its a very affluent area. The city of Camden is where its bad!!!

And I didnt go psychotic, someone I knew of did. And at the time I had a lot of fun smoking wet w my cousin, I was young and dumb n out of control.

I am white and used to walk around Camden all the time. I have a white friend with a mixed son and she just moved to Camden. There are some ok areas but I believe the entire city is predominantly black. The ciry had the highest murder rate in the country some years back and they have done a lot to change the police force there and lower crime. It all depends on where you go, why you go there and what time of day it is. I was too afraid to go down there and cop drugs at night time but my cousin was going there damn near every night but hes 6ft big dude. No gangbangers ever messed with either of us as long as we didnt mess w them. A junkie tried to rob my cousin once by hitting him over the head w a wrench but my cousin had a maglite flash light and knocked the dude out.