L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

why am I attracted to women who treat me like shit

Lucy Noeno

Bluelighter
seriously like every relationship I've been in has been abusive or toxic or w/e or I'll keep going back to the same girl who treated me terribly but I'll be madly in love with her anyways and it's caused me a lot of pain but I just keep doing it. am I some kind of masochist?

Do you have issues with self esteem? Like maybe feel like you deserve to be treated like shit and don't deserve to be with somebody that will treat you properly? If thats not the case then it might just be a comfort thing combined with not wanting to be alone. During the many years i spent isolated and alone, i would've jumped at the chance to be in any relationship, no matter how shitty or abusive, just so i would have somebody in my life.

It's not so much that you are attracted to this as it is that you are afraid to walk away (and thus be alone again) when you are treated poorly. The girl has to be aware that you will and that you are not a pushover who can be sweettalked back. And yes, the discipline to do this is very hard to have when dating does not come easy for you. In a way, it is like stopping a drug when it's doing more harm than good (yet sobriety sounds depressing). But women will only respect you and treat you well when they see that you respect yourself and treat yourself well, including not taking bullshit from people. A lot of women especially attractive and social ones, feel like they are entitled to attention and dating, but we're all just flesh and bone underneath and we all equally deserve the same things. Forget your past failures, don't think about your skeletons, and just try and see dating as two people coming together for mutual benefit and not "guys chasing girls in hopes of a chance."

Last edited:
Go to therapy and find out why.

I'm being serious. It's a good thing you realize that it's you and not them.