Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who's never met a bluelighter?

^ Wow

:\

I'm absolutely nothing like that.... that's sad backo.

Here's my honest opinion.

Some bluelighters are NOTHING like they appear on screen. They're much SMALLER... if that makes sense. Their personalities are smaller, their statures are smaller, their 'intellects' are smaller, their wittiness is smaller... but that doesn't mean I don't get anything out of meeting them.

I don't relate to 90% of bluelighters I meet, because they are, lots of the time, completely different to me. And completely different to their online personas. But I don't find that a reason to ridicule or judge them... or some how feel 'above' them. I actually feel like the odd one out because I'm not much into politics, elistic liberal save-the-whales hippy stuff or rave music or khandi... But I still find them fascinating. And I think the differences in ME (complete opposite to what I just described) fascinates THEM.

I think *I* come across to a lot of people like a complete dork. A target clothes wearing, KISS and Motley Crue-listening completely clueless middle aged dork, but I hope people at least sometimes get something out of meeting me.

And y'know I've actually met the odd person I do relate to. A couple of my best friends, actually. I think it's a sad day when you group everybody into one congealed mass and label it. whatever.

Last edited:
Your jokin right backo? Sorry, although im fairly sure that post was a big joke, i cant tell... doesnt come accross well in writing.

the fact that he wrote 'backo out' doesn't kinda highlight the sarcasm?

:)
I love you guys

For SLM .... "that was totally a joke dudes... GOTCHA!" ;);););););)

oh and dont worry SLM if you meet me in person you will find out that my personality is "smaller" :p

Last edited:
Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
I think *I* come across to a lot of people like a complete dork. A target clothes wearing, KISS and Motley Crue-listening completely clueless middle aged dork, but I hope people at least sometimes get something out of meeting me.

hehe. That's how I feel too, except I'm a Target wearing, Queen listening and Playschool watching clueless dork with two kids ;)

I don't mind though, I like my rock'n'roll music and my daggy trackies and that makes it okay. And I still get laid every now and then, so it can't be all bad. I guess.

I relate to "jaded" bluelighters who like to crap on about stuff that no one really cares about, and who go out for brunch instead of (or as well as) partying all night, and with whom I can laugh about Fifi's love life and that landscaper who never paid her back her $1000.

^^
Everyone is worried about how they look and appear - why else the supreme popularity of the "Describe a Bluelighter you met" thread?

I have admittedly been ~extremely~ skant on the meetup fronts. I know they are now happening in Perth with a degree of regularity but I am still constantly afraid of the old raids of yesteryear.

Which is why the majority of times I met up with bluelighters was when I was working at events.

That being said I have met some awesome types from this board (you guys know who you are) and some people that I really should make more of an effort to go chill with and see.

The fact that I am not really much of an "events" person anymore and only indulge in "activities" once in a blue moon means that I am not entirely sure I would even fit in at these meets anymore anyway.

When push comes to shove all I am is fairly unremarkable tech-savvy uni-student who doesnt mind a party here and there. If this board means I find some similar types, then that is all ace as far as I am concerned :)

Agreed.

I hang with the cool old skool Niche of Bluelight.. and even Nicher Niches of Bluelight who are "uber" Nicher than Niche.

anyone for brunch?

Bluelighter mentality from city to city is so diverse, everytime I travel interstate I am surprised by how different the Sydney ones are to the Melbourne ones, and the Perth ones, (and those lovely QLD ones ;))

Canberra bluelighters are entirely different again, and without letting too much bias in, we're the best bunch of people. ;) I think myself and nickthecheese are the more obvious faces for recent bluelight, since all the rest rarely / never post : plazma, Dante, MDMA-4-ALL, Mocha, fb1, BG Marc, punktuality, madmick19, MezzedUp, ....(there's many more, but I only have limited capacity for memory at the moment)...

If you've never met a bluelighter, I think the Canberra Crew are a lovely place to find a conversation. We're not all stoners, I promise.

SLM once again has hit the nail on the head, and summed up my thoughts much more eloquently

Some bluelighters are NOTHING like they appear on screen. They're much SMALLER... if that makes sense. Their personalities are smaller, their statures are smaller, their 'intellects' are smaller, their wittiness is smaller... but that doesn't mean I don't get anything out of meeting them.

I don't relate to 90% of bluelighters I meet, because they are, lots of the time, completely different to me. And completely different to their online personas. But I don't find that a reason to ridicule or judge them... or some how feel 'above' them. I actually feel like the odd one out because I'm not much into politics, elistic liberal save-the-whales hippy stuff or rave music or khandi... But I still find them fascinating. And I think the differences in ME (complete opposite to what I just described) fascinates THEM.

Really well said there
14.gif
14.gif

A lot of people on this board who are quite verbally sharp and have somewhat strong, confident and verbose overtones can give people the entirely wrong impression when it comes to face to face, and the screen is not there to shield them anymore. I know, I'm one of them in a way. I'm much nicer in real life. ....<insert anecdote here>.... Before I made my steps into the bluelight world, I remember watching the meetup at Twisted Republic, and this rather large and obscure group of people started collecting outside the ANU, and my first thought was jesus christ woman, run for your life...but I didn't, and to be honest, (even though the majority of these bluelighters don't post anymore) I am so blessed to have known them.

You could meet the perfect friends you never knew existed. Just don't take Aus Social as a true indicator about how they are.

No bluelighters for me either. Sigh.
But if any of you wanna come to Wellington, lets go for a gobble...

Never met one until last week, when I had my first BL contact with potato. Didn't have much time together but still a dude I would catch up with again, so I guess it's a 100% strike rate so far.

I've always thought you could pick who would be someone you would want to meet via their internet persona, but then I never considered people would be vastly different in person.

I've only ever met bl'ers at Rave type events. Generally it's just a quick hello, chat for a bit then I'm running off somewhere else. (whenever I'm out I can never seem to stay in the same place for more than ten minutes).

Anyway I have met bluelighters but I'd like to meet them again in a more relaxed, quiet setting. Going to a drinking night in June so it should be good :) I got to chat to a few at triptamind aswell.

I've never met a bluelighter... I know a few people who are bluelighters, but I din't meet them through BL, if that makes sense...

I've said that I would go to a few meetups at parties but one the night I always seem to loose track of the time...

Event meetups = bad

I was terrified about my 1st meet-up, but I met some interesting people, some I'd rather not have met, some I wish I could see more of and some who have become good friends and enriched my life. Be brave and catch up with each other over coffee (we're different when you take the chems away too) ;)

An SLM, I'm much funnier in person, honest! :p

I'm a meetup virgin.

I think there has been three meetups that I'd planned to goto, but I got off chops the night before and crashed early. :(

NEXT PERTH MEETUP I'M THERE!

Rubber_Duck said:

But knowing someone through and in bluelight with out making it too cliqie (sp) is great fun because there posts become even more interesting. I have met probably 6 bluelighters that i see about 3 to 4 times a week. and we all travel from Quins Rocks to Rockingham to Armadale and Midland each week! Friends for life!

indeed knowing bluelighters online and in real life can be quite interesting. the first bluelight meetup i went to in sydney (at subbies) i didnt even know it was a meet. my friend just took me out one night and then at about 6am i got the "so are you a bluelighter?" to which i replied..."a what?"

i find that the ones i interact with in real life, their posts on BL here take a different twist. Some of them are different in real life...some of them are the same personality as what they have online...i tend to not talk as much in real life ;)

i dont regret meeting any bler's in real life. i really only have about 5 or 6 spread over melb and sydney that i really socailise with outside or BL. the ones i have met ive formed wonderfull and INTERESTING friendships with that i love to bits :)

so...if you meet the right BLer's it will enrich your life. So bite the bullet and get your butt to a meet up ;)

Almost 4 years and it hasn't happened yet!

So many events I have tried, only to be too lost (acid) or totally forget (pills). One day, one day........