• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who uses downers?

phase_dancer said:
I've heard recently that there is quite a flourishing market for Xanax, where users who are unable to get a script are prepared to pay many times the retail price.

Xanax is terrific! 1mg at the end of a meth weekender is REQUIRED!

Xanax must be the most abused prescription drug in Australia apart from maybe ADD meds I reckon.

Codeine and alcohol are probably my drugs of choice at the moment. Having a long break from stims, and haven't had the right circumstances arise for psychedelic use so it's just been back to the old favourites.

Have also had oxazepam (serepax) in the past which is about the only thing that will knock me out.

Wish that more oxy was around ;)

it'd be a close call between panadine forte, xanax and good old valium as the most abused, proberly not xanax cause theres not as many scripts given compared to valium. Xanax is deffiently the best by country mile for thereaputic and recreational use :)

there should be a gov.list off what % of scripts are given out by Dr's. i'll ask around at work and see if i can get some satistics. I wanna do my masters eventully, it'd be a good/fun subject to get into some real detail.

xanax (alprazolam) cost me about $XX for 50 which last a week (taking six or so a day) Ativan (lorazepam) is like $XX for 50 so don't normally get them cheapest is valium $XX for 50 but they don't have the same hit at xanax unless taken sublingually, tho i don't really get that euphoric hit anymore. Always try the grapefruit potiation could be a placebo affect i don't know. I like codeine panadeine 15 for $XX is all good. Yeah it's an exspensive weekly habit but only cos i earn too much to get a concession card. Think I could be classified as a downer junkie, not proud of it tho, this shit just kinda happens. Throw in a couple of points of meth ( hey all these sedatives make me sleepy) and i'm spending quite a bit on drugs hey... might need to think that over. And off course there are junkies here there are junkies everywhere, people give in to temptation too easily

[EDIT: Prices removed. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
lol of course.

I didn't read many of the replies. However...

Yes downer use is quite frequent. You will find people who use a mixture, of valium, pot, booze, heroin, oxy etc.

None of these are difficult to find in Aus btw...

yeah but you fail to mention most of the heroin these days is utter shit

whats strenght is the alprazolam you get friedegg?? it proberly be worth while taking them every couple off days instead on all in one big hit, otherwise they lose there potencey and the body builds resistence quite quickly to all benzos. same goes for the rest of them its a bit off a waste taking heaps at once. some one said earlier in the page they had sizues coming off two weeks works of alprazolam which isn't unusal.

NeverLose said:
yeah but you fail to mention most of the heroin these days is utter shit

Yeah. I was told to use about a matchheads worth by some old 90's user. That was funny.

Xanax and benzos are becoming very popular among all my groups of friends that use to be strictly into meth/mdma scene.

Just an observation of mine in Melbourne-

It seems most drug users I know of have started with pot/alcohol, then got into E/meth and rave scene, then get into 1.4b/gbl, K, psychedelics, etc, then downers (benzos, opiates to a lesser extent) is generally the last in the list of drugs people have tried.

Benzos are very cheap with a prescription, and they aren't too hard to get from psychiatrists if you genuinely have existing anxiety issues.

Oxycontin and other painkillers are fairly rare within the people I know, and I don't think there is a huge black market out there. you just have to be lucky enough to know someone with a script who will spare some.

Can't get enough of OxyNorms. I've only just started using them. I've gone through bout 100, 20mg caps in the last 3 months. Does this sound too excessive to anyone familiar with these?

^^on average thats like, 22mg a night.... so if you've been taking them everynight, you're gonna have tolerance,, bro.

You Put The Lime In Tha Coconut...

Bein' scripted 8mg's
of alprazolam
a day
can make it
quite easy
to use downers.

It can also lead to a world of pain.
Unless,
well,
PBS'elps.

PEACE
UnS

I'd love to try some prescription opiates but most ppl are like "oxy?! zwah?"
benzos can be nice.

Teddles, 2mg - 2 to be taken 3x a day, I actually don't know how I got prescribed that much, don't need it all but yes have definitely built a tolerance. Withdrawals can produce seizures even with short term use. Withdrawals are so bad that in some ways agree with unsquare, think i'm stuck on them forever. Went without for a maybe a week and the if i was lucky to get a couple of hours sleep the dreams were so horrific and vivid it made the hell of actual consciousness withdrawing seem like nothing. It's kinda scary my dreams are cleare than reality, but i never remember dreams after taking downers so i think i have a lot of suppressed built up REM sleep.

Not asking for sources i've been prescribed some decent oxycontin before, but you gotta be in some serious provable pain to get that shit, in my experience anyway.

Crazy eyes: I wouldn't be complaining

All about the use and don't abuse i guess

Jakus said:
ive done oxy, but i think ive told you before (you love to bring up the "im the only aussie whos done oxy" thing; no disrespect)

I've done Oxy quite a few times too... it is my favourite of all of the (what you'd call) "downers", because it's quite euphoric. My first oxy experience (snorting) was almost on par with my first pill experience... quite, quite beautiful and other-worldly. I can completely see how people could get addicted to them.

But generally, I don't use downers for 'fun'. I've tried xanax and didn't like it much.... it just totally knocks me out... great for after stimulants, but not a social drug at all for me (and I'm a 'social drug' kind of person).

My downer of choice, now I can't access Oxy, is Valium. Occasionally I'll pop a valium after a big night of just drinking, and chill out in front of the tv until I go to sleep, but generally I'll save my vals for after a big night on pills or especially meth... then, they're a godsend. It takes one to make me peaceful (and put me to sleep if I've only been drinking), two to make me drowsy after drugs and 3 to completely knock me out. I like them because I can still function and feel relatively normal on them, but all my anxiety ebbs away, my muscles relax and sleep comes much more easily.

I can't see myself ever getting 'addicted' to downers or ever doing them during the day with no particular reason - with the exception of oxy I guess ;). I'm too much of a stimulant fan, and I drink bucketloads which potentiates the sleepy-effects. Going to bed at 9pm with a houseful of guests isn't polite or fun ;)

^^^ SBLM, If you dont mind (and if its not against the rules) do you mind if i ask how you got the oxy (whether by a friend with a script or dealer etc..)?

and btw, i didnt mention in my first post that my favourite pharm would be Buprenorphine, in that i can get it somewhat easily (friend with script) and its a fuckin' nice 12 hour nod (with plenty of residual effects for the hours following). It's also quite tasty when combined with Diazepam.

sorry for all the questions friedegg but on the weekend i did 15mg diazapam sublingally and didn't notice the difference. i held it there for proberly four mins, till it became a all glugly and sweet, it tasted heaps better than i thought it would, then i swallowed it. Do you hold it there till it completely dissolves?