• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Who has got off subs comfortably? And how. I’m getting off my third time a

docdocassrammerjammer

Greenlighter
was wondering how anyone else has done it, I don’t wanna use kratom and just need that instead. First time I did it was the worst so I don’t wanna do that again. I’m at 2 mg a day now and wonder what other have decreased from here out.

I've quit using subs dozens of times (and always started again). It's been agony every singöle time, Comfort meds like benzos, ganapentinoids, clonidine and lofexedine (especially) have helped a lot.

I've quit using subs dozens of times (and always started again). It's been agony every singöle time, Comfort meds like benzos, ganapentinoids, clonidine and lofexedine (especially) have helped a lot.
You found lofexidine especially helpful? Much more than clonidine or tizanidine? Very interesting.

I know it's been around for decades as Britlofex etc, but it was very cynically introduced in the midst of the opiate epidemic as Lucemyra, "the only non-opioid FDA approved for detox" at the cost of hundreds of dollars for a 30-day supply... Versus <$10 for clonidine, which never got FDA approval for that purpose since it was already a generic in 1979 when they discovered its w/d effects (= nobody to pay for the research+process).

The only real advantage over clonidine that I heard about was less hypotension. Did you notice other things?

I cold turkey'd 30mg daily with zero withdrawals

Then again I was quite busy smoking meth and taking benzos so maybe I just didn't notice

Worst medication ever IMO

How long were you on it? It takes awhile for the bad withdrawals to develop, which concerns me thinking long term problems but that’s aside the point. For me in the beginning I’d quick taper with buprenorphine and have zero WD, wasn’t until I stayed on for years that it kicked my ass.

-GC

You found lofexidine especially helpful? Much more than clonidine or tizanidine? Very interesting.

I know it's been around for decades as Britlofex etc, but it was very cynically introduced in the midst of the opiate epidemic as Lucemyra, "the only non-opioid FDA approved for detox" at the cost of hundreds of dollars for a 30-day supply... Versus <$10 for clonidine, which never got FDA approval for that purpose since it was already a generic in 1979 when they discovered its w/d effects (= nobody to pay for the research+process).

The only real advantage over clonidine that I heard about was less hypotension. Did you notice other things?
Britlofex(lofexedine) were a superior option to clonidine. Clonidine gives 50-60% temporary relief compared to lofexedine's 95%. It floora you completely like clonidine and DUA isn't that long. Despite that it was a nice reliever/minivacation during withrawling. The best antiabusable opioid med this far easy.