Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Which TV Brand Do YOU Rate/Recommend?

Which TV Brand(s) Do You Rate? (multiple choices possible)

• Hitachi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toshiba

• Panasonic

• Hisense

• TCL

• Polaroid

• Sceptre

• Sharp

• Visio

• Westinghouse

• Sanyo

• Insignia

• Onn

• JVC

• RCA

• Seiki

• Xiaomi

• Total voters

CFC

Bluelight Crew
I'm getting tired of buying new TVs for myself and others that don't work as advertised or provide a very poorly designed user experience - TV guides that don't load properly or that seem really badly designed and thought thru (and similarly with unintuitive badly designed menus), apps that don't work reliably or that aren't supported well, TVs that crash every 2 minutes or that drop their network connection all the time. To be clear, I'm not talking about their aesthetic appearance, but moreso the software and/or technical functioning of the product.

I used to always bank on Sony products back in the day, but lately every Sony I've handled has seemed unreliable/buggy. Similarly with LG, whose TV guides also seem remarkably un-userfriendly and badly designed (visually) when they finally load after long wait times.

One of my current systems is a 2019 Samsung, which seems fairly stable and integrates fairly well with 3rd party software/apps and for broadcasting/syncing thru mobile/laptop etc without too many hangs or crashes.

But I wondered what others thought about the current range of TVs and/or brands, and whether they've been having good luck with any one in particular that they might recommend or rate fairly highly to others?

Please fire away...

(PS let me know if I've missed any poll options)

Grew up on Sony pretty much exclusively, as my dad worked for them, so, while biased, I do think they were the best, usually 2-3 years ahead of the competition. There are only two companies still making actual screens, so hardware really isn't where the competition is anymore.

Dad's current Sony tv's UI annoys the hell out of me when I try to use it.

I currently have a Samsung. Into the third year of reliable performance. I get the odd software bug with Netflix, always solved by unplugging for a minute. UI is pretty simple and easy to customize. Remote control is elegant, uncomplicated, and has so far stood up to my constant unconscious fidgeting.

I don't do anything too complicated, just the usual streaming companies and my PS4, hard wired, and stuff on flash drives.

Reactions: CFC