• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which psychedelics have given you the most mentally disorienting experiences?

well i haven't experienced the full blast of all the RC psychedelics out there, but frankly, in terms of mentally disorientating LSD wins hands down. during the trip i started thinking all sorts of bizarre things, i don't remember what exactly, but literally sent me to the depths of my mind i hope nobody has to explore again frankly. but at the same time i do. i dunno.

i've tried a lot of stuff, but still the most mentally disorienting experiences i've ever had were on high doses of LSA, with Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds specifically being the variety that are the most disorienting.

to put that in perspective, i've had: 2C-E, 2C-P, 2C-I, 2C-T-4, 2C-T-7, 2C-T-21, DOC, DOI, 25I-NBOMe, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-MPT, DMT, DPT, LSD, and mushrooms, and maybe a few more that i'm forgetting...

now, if we include dissociatives, though, 3-MeO-PCP is even more disorienting than LSA is...
one time on hawaiian baby woodrose seeds i was locked out of my apartment and thought i had to put a boot on my head in order to open the door. its a good thing my neighbors didn't see me. took me about 5 minutes but i finally realized the key in my pocket was the trick to getting the door open.

Hahaha, that's hilarious. X) I actually once felt trapped outside of my dorm room on morning glory seeds. It had a lock where you slide your student card to open the door, but it wasn't working. It was like the middle of the night, and it was driving me crazy until I saw a red button that read "Emergency". It seemed like the logical thing to press at the time; I didn't realize that it was hooked up to dial 911. o_O I ended up having a rather awkward quick chat with the cops about how I was fine and there's nothing wrong, and then I ran to a different door out of paranoia to get in instead. Once I got there I realized that I had just been sliding my student card backwards before. 8)

I wouldn't say I've taken enough LSA to really reach the level of disorientation that the other psychedelics provide me (though still more than many); the side effects have always been kind of a turn-off for me. I am interested in seeing more of what they can do though.... What is your regular doses of hawaiian baby woodrose seeds?

I've actually heard a lot about 3-MeO-PCP being quite intense too. I am intrigued by it though dissociatives with long half-lives are a little frightening to me.... How would you say it compares to other dissociatives in that regard?

I know it's a combo, but as stated above, MXE + 4-ho-met is extremely disorienting. To the point where I was stuck (not in a negative way) on my bed listening to Fallout 3's ambient environmental music through my Turtle Beach headphones, just watching the screen rotate around and around my character that was standing next to one of the lit up subway line maps in the subway station. I could barely do anything at all, and the visuals were absolutely outstanding.

I would very much like to try that combo, it sounds wonderful. :) Actually I would love to mix many tryptamines with dissociatives; the only one I've gotten to do it with so far is nitrous oxide. Have you used MXE in combination with other tryptamines as well? After an experience yesterday, I'm actually quite interested in seeing how it mixes with 4-HO-DET....

6 HBWR seeds had me feeling like I was a movie character à la Raoul Duke (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas). I felt mad and rolled around the ground while thinking about all those god damn lizard people. I then proceeded to go into a twilight state and had visions of eagles, all while losing complete control/sensation of temperature. Blankets on, blankets off, repeat.

I was practically in a puddle of my own sweat by the end of the trip. Never again, what a shit awful drug.

That sounds intense lol. Actually it sounds pretty great to me, except for the puddle of sweat. :S Like I said above, it really is the side effects that have mostly kept me away from LSA-containing entheogens.... I usually feel like the rewards they give aren't really worth the cost when I can just use psychedelics with little to no physiological distress instead. Though, sometimes I've found them to be nice when mixed with weed....

Probably 2C-E for me. Though it's hard to define mentally disorienting. Some of my higher end trips, I get lots of short term memory loss as in, I will do something and then 2 minutes later have zero recollection of having done that. Sentences often end up as fragments, highly incoherent. Logic is a never ending crisis, where 2+2=5 and that makes perfect sense even though it doesn't. Black is white and left is right. Every now and then it comes to an emotional balance and everything can just be and I am lost for maybe 20-30 minutes in a sea of perfection and it is the most satisfying feeling in the world, until I have to go take a piss and it's back to a mental crisis.

I'm very glad to see a phenethylamine pop up in here. :D I've really been wanting to see what a phenethylamine would be like when it reached the same level of chaos as the tryptamines I'm used to. Your description makes it sound wonderful to me.... I love that point where the illogical becomes logical. Last night I did a balloon of nitrous oxide with eight chargers in it while watching True Blood and everything that was happening in the scenes that were playing to me played perfectly into this grand mathematical pattern that has always existed and guides every force in the universe perfectly into its predestined symmetry, and it was all *completely* symmetrical. It seemed perfectly rational at the time but upon coming out of it I realized that I had barely payed attention to the TV in the first place haha. That stuff is great.... I'd very much like to see what of it 2C-E has to offer. ^-^

Second 2C-E. More than likely it was because I dosed too much.

I was on a solo-trip, intent on self-improvement after falling out with an old-friend who happened to be my boss at the time. I quit the job, and spent some of my savings on a hefty amount of psychedelic confectionery. The first night I had the mindset of 'Just jump into the void' - So I did, and... I did. To this day I still think it's miraculous that I didn't call the ambulance for myself. I really thought I was either dying or already dead. It started off very... melty. And then came all the terror that is inherent in all newborns coming into a new, unknown space.

I ended up watching this guy named Bas Rutten narrate his fighting career for 3 hours until I came out of the void.

Ooh another vote for 2C-E, I've really gotta get me some of this.... I better make sure I have a sitter when I first try it though, you make it sounds like it can get pretty out of control lol. Terror is okay to an extent.... There is admittedly something submissive or masochistic about my desires to be pushed into insanity. As long as I actually will come out of it okay. >.>

How did you get on the fighting career thing? Haha.

For me, mushrooms and 2C-E. 2C-E is sometimes very clear-headed but I had one trip in particularly that was so overwhelming and fast that it's the most out there I've probably ever been... terrifying really, but also beautiful and an experience I'm glad I had.

Yeah, I also almost called the ambulance on that 2C-E trip, I even thought about killing myself because I was convinced that I was about to be utterly annihilated from existence, or possibly that all existence was about to be destroyed, but if I died then I'd escape it and keep following the natural cycle of existence. Fortunately even in that state I wasn't going to let myself go to either of those places.

2C-E is on a roll here.... I surely hope that I don't succomb to any logic such as yours during my experience with it. X) Though something about death experiences actually fascinates me, I find them very seductive... as long as I know before going in that I'm not actually going to be in danger. I like the idea of being completely obliterated by a psychedelic and just dissolving into the universe around me....

I'm glad you said mushrooms too, hehe. I'm getting excited from thinking about them a lot again; soon I should be able to have another date with them for the first time in many years. =D

DPT can send one topsy turvy, as can 4-AcO-DPT when injected intramuscularly. I think I follow the distinction between ego-dissolution effects and the kind of mind warping, cognition challenging effects you're looking for, but in my experience there's a lot of overlap between these kinds of effects, so it's hard to judge. Adding MXE or MXP (as oppossed to more smoothly integrating dissos like K) to whatever psychedelics you find such qualities in is my recommendation (bearing in mind those two are quite different). That sort of dissociative mania makes for more turbulent travels through inner-space ... giving the psycho-sphere a crazy klown, jingle-jangled, demented carnival feel that can be fun while skirting the edge of madness.

Would you say that any other route of 4-AcO-DPT has the same kind of flare? I'm not too big on injections, though I have been wondering about the 4-HO/AcO-DPTs for a while.... I think DPT is actually going to be the next psychedelic I try, so I'm really looking forward to that. :)

There is definitely overlap yeah, I think it just really depends on the individual experience. Like, DMT is definitely pretty mind-bending for me in one sense of the term, but the way it rids me of my ego is really more like just a clean descent into oblivion.... It's different from, say, LSD, where the reason I am separate from my ego is just because I'm so utterly confabulated that I just can't even think straight for long enough to remember who I am.

I'm definitely going to have to try mixing MXE with many things, as that seems to be a popular choice here. How does MXE compare to MXP exactly? I must confess that I have barely ever read anything at all about the latter, though I have considered trying my hand with it before just for the sake of trying something new. And that does sound like a very fun way to trip, hehe....

well i haven't experienced the full blast of all the RC psychedelics out there, but frankly, in terms of mentally disorientating LSD wins hands down. during the trip i started thinking all sorts of bizarre things, i don't remember what exactly, but literally sent me to the depths of my mind i hope nobody has to explore again frankly. but at the same time i do. i dunno.

I live for seeing those kinds of depths. ;) LSD is definitely something very special. There's something particularly convincing about the delusions it can provide that I haven't quite matched with other psychedelics yet, it gives me a very deep sense of having the entire experience just be like this entirely removed journey that is perfectly logical at the time that you can then extract meaning from after the fact. I'm sure it will always hold a special place in my heart....

I wanted to add this too, but I just figured I'd make it separate post from all the quotes/responses.

I tried 4-HO-DET for the first time last night and it was wonderfully disorienting, much more so than the other psilocin analogues I've experienced so far. I was on the verge of a complete dream-like delirium for much of the trip, though somewhat clearheaded at other times. The way it altered my state of mind involved lots of misinterpretations in a way similar to LSD. Further experimentation with this molecule is required. :)

I read that report, nice job. :) I haven't tried 4-HO-DET yet but a lot of reports I've read share your opinion of being "dark" in character.

Mushrooms then LSD then 2c-e.
Know it's a combo but MXE+4-aco-DMT can be quite disorientating. 2c-e+mushrooms is also very very disorientating.

I read that report, nice job. :) I haven't tried 4-HO-DET yet but a lot of reports I've read share your opinion of being "dark" in character.

I just responded to that, and thanks for the reply. :D That dark aspect to it was truly something. I don't think I've ever been more intrigued by the visual aspect of a psychedelic as I was for 4-HO-DET, it was very seductive in a deeply personal and realistic way. I can only imagine what further experiences will bring, especially when I push it to breakthrough levels. =D

Mushrooms then LSD then 2c-e.
Know it's a combo but MXE+4-aco-DMT can be quite disorientating. 2c-e+mushrooms is also very very disorientating.

These three definitely seem to be big winners here, I'm ever more excited to finally lay my hands on some 2C-E. :) And I don't doubt that 4-AcO-DMT mixes wonderfully with dissociatives. I'll have to give that a shot too....

I'd believe the 2C-E and mushrooms combo if what everyone says here is true, haha. I've taken decent doses of LSD and mushrooms at the same time and it was probably the most disoriented I've ever been. It took me fifteen minutes to figure out that the reason a flashlight wasn't helping me see any better was because the light in the room I was in was already on. >.>;;

Generally I don't find psychedelics disorentating. There are a few exceptions such as a nearly lethal dose of 25B or mega-dosing LSD. The most recent instance occured on 40mgs/40mgs of 4-HO-MET/MiPT(a fairly reasonable dose given my tolerance at the time). My S/O and I where about 3 miles down a trail that wraps around a lake. We were having a great time when out of nowhere she stops dead in her tracks and whispers TURN AROUND NOW!!! This girl loves to hike but has an extreme phobia of wild animals. I guess she spotted two rather large wild dogs/coyotes feasting on the hill. Anyways, we start power walking towards the car all the while she was crying, looking over her shoulder thinking that they were following us. I assure her that they were gone and even if they did follow us our .357 magnum would at least scare them off(keep in mind that she carries the gun when I am tripping).

About half way back I noticed that she was on the verge of a full blown asthma attack and remembered that her inhaler was in the car. This is what did me in, I thought I was going to have to carry this girl who weighed about 160 pounds(10 pounds heavier than I at the time) 1.5 miles up hill in 90° weather. Finally I get her to take a break long enough to catch her breath. I was slowly heading toward a full blown freakout yet was able to keep my composition until we got to the car. There was a rather large family in the parking lot who I was convinced were there to save this poor, hyperventilating girl who was crying her eyes out from the mad man out of his mind on obscure chemicals. Upon reaching the car I basically became catatonic. I did not know who I was nor was I able to mutter more than a few random words, thank god it wore off in a couple hours. All of this goes to show how important your setting is during a trip. I would have been fine on the same dose at home but those random events left me absolutely shell shocked, producing one of the worst trips of my life.

I apologize for the long post. I've always wanted to write a proper TR for this one but really want to improve my punctuation/grammar beforehand.

Last edited:
Would you say that any other route of 4-AcO-DPT has the same kind of flare? I'm not too big on injections, though I have been wondering about the 4-HO/AcO-DPTs for a while.... I think DPT is actually going to be the next psychedelic I try, so I'm really looking forward to that. :)

There is definitely overlap yeah, I think it just really depends on the individual experience. Like, DMT is definitely pretty mind-bending for me in one sense of the term, but the way it rids me of my ego is really more like just a clean descent into oblivion.... It's different from, say, LSD, where the reason I am separate from my ego is just because I'm so utterly confabulated that I just can't even think straight for long enough to remember who I am.

I'm definitely going to have to try mixing MXE with many things, as that seems to be a popular choice here. How does MXE compare to MXP exactly? I must confess that I have barely ever read anything at all about the latter, though I have considered trying my hand with it before just for the sake of trying something new. And that does sound like a very fun way to trip, hehe....
It's hard to say since my one successful attempt at IMing it was in combination with MXE, but I'm pretty sure IMing it made a big difference versus insufflation or plugging (as others in that thread attest). I highly recommend 4-AcO-DPT regardless, but for your interests and ROA predilections I think DPT should definitely be your next target. One can get pretty out their snorting DPT from what I've read, but damn it's a lot of powder -- and DPT is meant for IMing if anything is.

MXP differs from MXE fairly dramatically. MXE is far more ketamine-like, with distinctive anesthetic qualities, whereas MXP is more spacey, with a buzz more centered in the head, and all sorts of oddness. Read the big and dandy threads before jumping in to the phenidines. They're interesting as options but I wouldn't go heavy into them.

LSD and shrooms combined can be quite mind bending

Definitely. Taken a high dose of shrooms and a moderate dose of acid and I was confused as hell. Staring at my reflection in the mirror and thinkin why is my brother lookin at me through the mirror. And on the comedown a trillion rushin thoughts all too confusing.

pretty much all psychedelics can be mentally disorienting given the chance but the ones to do it most reliably for me seem to be certain members of the 4-substututed tryptamines. 4-ho-mipt, 4-aco-dmt, and of course psilocin seem particularily apt at making me say "what the fuck?" Strangely enough I've had stronger trips on substances such as DPT which I wouldn't really classify as disorienting. I guess since we're talking about psychedelics disorienting is a relative term.

I wouldn't say I've taken enough LSA to really reach the level of disorientation that the other psychedelics provide me (though still more than many); the side effects have always been kind of a turn-off for me. I am interested in seeing more of what they can do though.... What is your regular doses of hawaiian baby woodrose seeds?

my HBWR experiences were a long time ago so i don't remember for sure, but i think that night i had eaten 8 or 9 seeds. i never scraped the outside either btw, i would just chew them up whole -- that may have added to the psychosis.

btw i found the boot on my walk back home. it was a child's boot. there was only a single boot wedged into a snow bank. it seemed significant enough that i tmust have been the trick to opening the door i guess. *shrugs*

HBWR has also given me more ++++'s than any other substance. but its not worth the risk of legitimate insanity for me. did it a few times, had fun, probably won't do it again (at least not at the doses i was taking).

now, if i could find a good source for Rivea Corymbosa seeds again, though..... those were amazing. a few times i ordered them shortly after they were harvested and they were divine.

I've actually heard a lot about 3-MeO-PCP being quite intense too. I am intrigued by it though dissociatives with long half-lives are a little frightening to me.... How would you say it compares to other dissociatives in that regard?

have you even taken too much DXM and lost your mind to the point where you just lay there not knowing what's going on or who you are? 3-MeO-PCP can take me to that point, but its got enough dopaminergic action too that rather than just laying there i end up feeling stimulated and i get up and walk around and do crazy shit.

low doses of 3-MeO-PCP are amazing and vivid, but there is a very fine line that once i cross it i just go bat shit crazy heh. if i ever do order it again i'm going to stick to doses under 15mg.

Definitely. Taken a high dose of shrooms and a moderate dose of acid and I was confused as hell. Staring at my reflection in the mirror and thinkin why is my brother lookin at me through the mirror. And on the comedown a trillion rushin thoughts all too confusing.

It was a very disjointed experience for lack of better words. During the entire peak when I turned my head, I couldn't even connect what I was seeing to what was in my field of vision before I turned my head just a second ago. For me this was too much mindfuck, but maybe the OP will appreciate the experience.

When I first started tripping, I got more more disorienting trips than now. You learn to navigate these states of mind better and better with experience. For me this lead to much more useful, lucid and pleasant trips where I took more out of it, and I definitely prefer them nowadays. But some of those early mindfuck trips were epic, so I get why you would want to revisit that place.

In the interest of harm reduction it should be mentioned that everything in this thread is aimed at experienced trippers who take the necessary precautions for these kind of trips. Apart from set & setting a sitter is recommended. I personally had PTSD like symptoms for years after a strong mind bending trip went south. When I would tell someone about it in detail, my body would start to tremble involuntarily.

Last edited:
Oh ROXIanne! said:
Generally I don't find psychedelics disorentating. There are a few exceptions such as a nearly lethal dose of 25B or mega-dosing LSD. The most recent instance occured on 40mgs/40mgs of 4-HO-MET/MiPT(a fairly reasonable dose given my tolerance at the time). My S/O and I where about 3 miles down a trail that wraps around a lake. We were having a great time when out of nowhere she stops dead in her tracks and whispers TURN AROUND NOW!!! This girl loves to hike but has an extreme phobia of wild animals. I guess she spotted two rather large wild dogs/coyotes feasting on the hill. Anyways, we start power walking towards the car all the while she was crying, looking over her shoulder thinking that they were following us. I assure her that they were gone and even if they did follow us our .357 magnum would at least scare them off(keep in mind that she carries the gun when I am tripping).

About half way back I noticed that she was on the verge of a full blown asthma attack and remembered that her inhaler was in the car. This is what did me in, I thought I was going to have to carry this girl who weighed about 160 pounds(10 pounds heavier than I at the time) 1.5 miles up hill in 90° weather. Finally I get her to take a break long enough to catch her breath. I was slowly heading toward a full blown freakout yet was able to keep my composition until we got to the car. There was a rather large family in the parking lot who I was convinced were there to save this poor, hyperventilating girl who was crying her eyes out from the mad man out of his mind on obscure chemicals. Upon reaching the car I basically became catatonic. I did not know who I was nor was I able to mutter more than a few random words, thank god it wore off in a couple hours. All of this goes to show how important your setting is during a trip. I would have been fine on the same dose at home but those random events left me absolutely shell shocked, producing one of the worst trips of my life.

I apologize for the long post. I've always wanted to write a proper TR for this one but really want to improve my punctuation/grammar beforehand.

Mmm, nearly lethal doses.... I think that's a kind of disorientation I can do without lol.

That is quite fascinating how big of an impact that situation had on your trip, but it makes perfect sense. I don't think I've ever really had any stresses to deal with that were that strong while also tripping, but I can imagine how they would be blown up to critical proportions if I did, and then things could get a bit haywire. I'm glad you didn't have to carry her or anything.... The whole situation sounds quite anxious, lucky it was fine in the end.

Hm, so what you're saying is, I need to seek out super stressful situations while tripping hard if I want to really push myself out there, yesss....

No need to apologize either, I enjoyed your post. :)

LSD and shrooms combined can be quite mind bending

Agreed. =D I refer you back to my previous post on this subject in this thread lol.

It's hard to say since my one successful attempt at IMing it was in combination with MXE, but I'm pretty sure IMing it made a big difference versus insufflation or plugging (as others in that thread attest). I highly recommend 4-AcO-DPT regardless, but for your interests and ROA predilections I think DPT should definitely be your next target. One can get pretty out their snorting DPT from what I've read, but damn it's a lot of powder -- and DPT is meant for IMing if anything is.

MXP differs from MXE fairly dramatically. MXE is far more ketamine-like, with distinctive anesthetic qualities, whereas MXP is more spacey, with a buzz more centered in the head, and all sorts of oddness. Read the big and dandy threads before jumping in to the phenidines. They're interesting as options but I wouldn't go heavy into them.

Well snorting DPT is next in line for me, so that works out just fine. :) It's not that I'm entirely against needles.... I have IMed DMT before. It's just not really something I'd like to do regularly, and I've also never done it by myself. I have heard that about DPT as well though. One of these days I'll have to try it that way... and 4-AcO-DPT as well.

It sounds to me like I would probably like MXE a lot more, as I found ketamine to be just lovely and I would definitely be looking for something similar in another dissociative, particularly if I were to use it with psychedelics. The name MXP is quite deceiving, I had assumed it might be more similar, heh. I'll definitely look into those threads, thanks for the heads up!

Hahaha, I've definitely been out there enough to mistake my own reflection for someone else! I really need to give this combination some more tries. X) Currently the ratios I've used are more LSD than mushrooms and about equal doses, so maybe next time I'll try more mushrooms than LSD like you did....

pretty much all psychedelics can be mentally disorienting given the chance but the ones to do it most reliably for me seem to be certain members of the 4-substututed tryptamines. 4-ho-mipt, 4-aco-dmt, and of course psilocin seem particularily apt at making me say "what the fuck?" Strangely enough I've had stronger trips on substances such as DPT which I wouldn't really classify as disorienting. I guess since we're talking about psychedelics disorienting is a relative term.

That's really interesting, because I found 4-HO-MiPT to be one of the most lucid, though it was hinting at becoming very out-of-body or hyperspatial the last time I took it, so I definitely think I need to try it again at a higher dose.... How would you classify DPT exactly? So far the consensus seems to be from what I've heard that it can be pretty mind-boggling. I feel you on how any psychedelic can potentially get you there too... but there are definitely some that do it better than others. But honestly I had one of my most mental trips ever TFMPP, though it was in no way enjoyable. It felt like the visuals of maybe 1/8th of a hit of LSD but the ego dissociation of like 6 or 7. Very nasty though, just cold and alien and quite physically unpleasant....

my HBWR experiences were a long time ago so i don't remember for sure, but i think that night i had eaten 8 or 9 seeds. i never scraped the outside either btw, i would just chew them up whole -- that may have added to the psychosis.

btw i found the boot on my walk back home. it was a child's boot. there was only a single boot wedged into a snow bank. it seemed significant enough that i tmust have been the trick to opening the door i guess. *shrugs*

HBWR has also given me more ++++'s than any other substance. but its not worth the risk of legitimate insanity for me. did it a few times, had fun, probably won't do it again (at least not at the doses i was taking).

now, if i could find a good source for Rivea Corymbosa seeds again, though..... those were amazing. a few times i ordered them shortly after they were harvested and they were divine.

Hmm, well I may give them another shot, that sounds a lot more pleasant than eating all those morning glory seeds anyway.... Do you really feel that they could drive you *that* crazy? I mean don't get me wrong... I have heard of someone being sent into a weeks-long psychosis from them, so I'm not doubting you lol. I'm just not used to hearing people describe them as that powerful from those kinds of doses, I've definitely heard of higher (though pushing into physical worry). I would love to try the Rivea, I've always wanted to but just never seen them in stock anywhere.... Would you be willing to provide some compare and contrast versus the other LSA plants? I've always been curious about them but it's so rare that I see anything written about them.

That's hilarious about the boot too, hahaha. I can definitely get how it would seem important though, too many times I've been in those situations on psychedelics where things just seem a little TOO perfect, even if they're total nonsense. xD

have you even taken too much DXM and lost your mind to the point where you just lay there not knowing what's going on or who you are? 3-MeO-PCP can take me to that point, but its got enough dopaminergic action too that rather than just laying there i end up feeling stimulated and i get up and walk around and do crazy shit.

low doses of 3-MeO-PCP are amazing and vivid, but there is a very fine line that once i cross it i just go bat shit crazy heh. if i ever do order it again i'm going to stick to doses under 15mg.

If you count mixing DXM with a small amount of LSD, then yes I have lol. I once had a trip where I spent the whole peak convinced that I was locked in an insane asylum cell floating through a spirit dimension.... I wasn't even hallucinating that much at all, just incredibly mind-warped. That actually makes the 3-MeO-PCP sound pretty fantastic to me, but I'll definitely have to get a sitter for it.... Have you ever tried mixing it with psychedelics as well?

It was a very disjointed experience for lack of better words. During the entire peak when I turned my head, I couldn't even connect what I was seeing to what was in my field of vision before I turned my head just a second ago. For me this was too much mindfuck, but maybe the OP will appreciate the experience.

Literally this exact same thing happened to me when I took equal amounts of LSD and mushrooms!! And yes, I loved every second of it hehe. I was also mumbling to myself the entire time, but I was hearing my voice coming through the wall, interpreted as people talking in the room next to me. My vision was also triangular (top-heavy), with the very edges of it showing fractals cascading off into oblivion.... It was wonderful, the whole experience was really....

When I first started tripping, I got more more disorienting trips than now. You learn to navigate these states of mind better and better with experience. For me this lead to much more useful, lucid and pleasant trips where I took more out of it, and I definitely prefer them nowadays. But some of those early mindfuck trips were epic, so I get why you would want to revisit that place.

I get that too, but sometimes it almost feels like my psychedelics have followed a boomerang path, and the person who threw it failed to catch it when it came back. My first trips were fairly disorienting, and then they became lucid for a while, and now they're actually becoming more mental AND more hallucinogenic than ever before; I feel like I have some kind of severe reverse tolerance with psychedelics sometimes. I can take a dose of LSD that previously I could've taken three times as much and been very lucid, and now be out of my mind to the point of even blacking out and having my ego pulverized into oblivion. It definitely depends on the setting though too, and I think if I tripped more often again like I did back then it might switch back into being more lucid....

In the interest of harm reduction it should be mentioned that everything in this thread is aimed at experienced trippers who take the necessary precautions for these kind of trips. Apart from set & setting a sitter is recommended. I personally had PTSD like symptoms for years after a strong mind bending trip went south. When I would tell someone about it in detail, my body would start to tremble involuntarily.

Good call on this, thanks for this post. :) That sounds really rough too.... I need to make sure I never let myself forget the importance of perfect set and setting.

Not exactly your typical psych, a deliriant as opposed to a hallucinogen, Diphenhydramine. Definately not for everyone, especially at high doses. It's like dreaming while your awake and you cant tell whats real or whats happening. You respond out loud to conversations in your head, see bugs flying around and are disoriented, each step feels like your feet are 500 pounds. For eight hours I was just lost and my mouth was dryer than hell during my most intense experience, the most mind destroying thing I've ever done.

I am woefully all too familiar with diphenhydramine. When speaking only of the hallucinogenic aspects of the experience, it is easily on par with many psychedelics in my favorite hallucinogens list. However, the side effects are downright awful unless a very high dose is taken (so that you're too delirious to even notice), and in that case you are likely doing a high amount of physical and mental damage to yourself. It took me a long time to not feel like I had weakened my heart from using it and I honestly don't feel that I'll ever be able to completely drop the anxiety that I still might have as I'll never know unless it turns out to present a serious health complication later on in life, and to this day I am still dealing with daily tension headaches that I have had ever since I used diphenhydramine, which I quit several years ago, and it took quite a while for me to get to the point where those were the *only* lasting problems. I still have some lingering visuals as well, but this no longer bothers me as I've learned to completely tune them out while just going about my day.

The highest dose of diphenhydramine that I ever ingested was 1000 mg, and it was indeed a disorienting and entirely delirious experience. I watched video games being played on TVs on my bedroom ceiling, talked to hallucinated copies of my parents (I told them to be quiet because my parents were asleep a couple of rooms over), saw soulless copies of my friends open my bedroom door repeatedly, and sometimes on the incorrect wall of my room, to just stare at me with a creepy smile until they vanished, got into a fight with a plastic shopping bag for being rude to my guest (who was not real), and even browsed Facebook on a laptop that did not exist, and which stood the test of multiple reality checks, among many other things. Oh, and did I mention that I started this experience in a dorm room, and then during the peak made an hour long drive home during which I got lost several times, swerved to avoid imaginary trees, and was incredibly lucky to not come out of it with myself or someone else seriously mangled or worse?

Unfortunately, the power that deliriants have is quite seductive, especially to someone like me who does thoroughly enjoy such disorienting experiences. I still think about diphenhydramine a lot, but I seriously hope I never push myself to take it again. It is admittedly a dream of mine to one day find a psychedelic which can completely discombobulate my reality on the level of deliriants such as diphenhydramine, while still keeping the beautiful, rich, profound, and most importantly nontoxic nature typical of the psychedelic realm. If I were to ever come across such a psychedelic, I daresay that my quest to find the ultimate hallucinogen would be complete. However, until that time may come, the best I can do is simply continue to hope that one day the world's most generous chemist will decide to drop an envelope full of CAR-226,086 on my doorstep.

I cannot in good conscience recommend that anyone use recreational doses of diphenhydramine, ever. However, knowing from experience that there will always be a group of people who will not heed any amount of warnings no matter how many are thrown at them, I will at least share one piece of advice to lessen their inevitable misery: the dry mouth can be temporarily but completely reversed by chewing taffy. Never leave your sanity without a bucket full.

Salvia divinorum is what did it to me. I've never experienced anything as bizarre, terrifying and chaotic; and this occurred during every experience. I feel that the problem here though is the ROA which, for most, is via smoking. I would like to try it orally but smoking it and tripping out so hard has almost conditioned me to deeply dread the idea of being on salvia.

Sapphic - give ibogaine a try. I found it to be the most powerful thing I've ever consumed. It utterly transported me to another realm in a long series of dreams/visions, during which I had 0% awareness of being on something or that the dream was not my reality. Completely transporting on a level I have never imagined before. I took a flood dose to cure my long-term opiate addiction, not knowing exactly what to expect. For 3 days I was in that dream consciousness (for a flood dose a sitter for this whole time is a MUST). The first two days I basically had no ability to get up so I was having literal dreams (but more vivid than any other dreams I've ever had). The third day, I got up and re-entered the world, and thought I was fairly with it but still gloriously intoxicated, but in reality my dreams were merging with my reality so I would shift in and out of really wild dreams while talking to people, etc. In addition, the whole experience felt AMAZING (I took a combination of HCl and total alkaloid extract, it felt incredibly good and not physically dangerous at all unlike reports of pure HCl). I felt amazing for quite a while afterwards, in fact I may still be feeling some of that, but it's hard to tell since I made so many positive changes in my life as a result.

I also took a follow-up dose of ~350mg (again, half TA extract). This was also extremely engrossing, I laid down and immediately began having the dream visions, all night long (probably for about 10 hours). Except this time I occasionally had a bit of awareness, and the visions were MUCH more cosmic and spiritual in nature. One of the greatest experiences of my life, and much less of a commitment (I did not have a sitter for the follow-up dose nor do I believe I needed one, whenever I re-emerged and opened my eyes I had full awareness of reality at this dose, unlike the flood dose).

You can read my experience here, it's very long but the most detailed thing I've ever written: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/723353-Ibogaine-(flood-dose)-First-Time-Into-The-Flood