• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which psychedelics have given you the most mentally disorienting experiences?

Hmm, well I may give them another shot, that sounds a lot more pleasant than eating all those morning glory seeds anyway.... Do you really feel that they could drive you *that* crazy? I mean don't get me wrong... I have heard of someone being sent into a weeks-long psychosis from them, so I'm not doubting you lol. I'm just not used to hearing people describe them as that powerful from those kinds of doses, I've definitely heard of higher (though pushing into physical worry). I would love to try the Rivea, I've always wanted to but just never seen them in stock anywhere.... Would you be willing to provide some compare and contrast versus the other LSA plants? I've always been curious about them but it's so rare that I see anything written about them.

That's hilarious about the boot too, hahaha. I can definitely get how it would seem important though, too many times I've been in those situations on psychedelics where things just seem a little TOO perfect, even if they're total nonsense. xD

If you count mixing DXM with a small amount of LSD, then yes I have lol. I once had a trip where I spent the whole peak convinced that I was locked in an insane asylum cell floating through a spirit dimension.... I wasn't even hallucinating that much at all, just incredibly mind-warped. That actually makes the 3-MeO-PCP sound pretty fantastic to me, but I'll definitely have to get a sitter for it.... Have you ever tried mixing it with psychedelics as well?

i never got around to mixing 3-MeO-PCP with psychedelics, but i imagine it would be a pretty enjoyable experience as long as you manage to keep your doses low.

and yeah HBWR can drive you that crazy if your dosage is high. its closer to an organic psychosis than the state produced by either morning glory seeds or rivea corymba.

rivea is the gentlest of the bunch. very profound headspace but not as many physical side effects. just hard to find...

Last edited:
4-AcO-DMT or strong mushrooms would take the cake. Generally I'd consider 4-subs to be good starter psychedelics, but not these two (kinda funny since they're most popular), these two can make me least functional of any psychedelic. Heavy doses of either (mostly 4AD but then it's been almost a year since I shroomed and I don't see added spiritual value in the act of eating mushrooms, though I understand & respect that perspective) are also the best way to knock me down and set my priorities straight when I need that- I basically come out the other side reborn.

LSD is another big one for mindfuck, nothing scrambles you quite like a heavy lysergic dose! Perfect balance of phenethtlamine clarity/ability to see from all angles & some of the heaviest tryptamine mindfuck around. The perfect psychedelic for sure (though I'd rate DOC just as highly personally), there's a damn good reason it's considered the king of the crop! And I'm not one to rate anything highly just because others do.

DPT is quite a mighty beast as well. Has a much more complex & variable headspace then other short acting psychs, far more intellectual then DMT or MET. Can really throw you into some strange places, definitely not one for the faint of heart or those who only seek "fun"! And I haven't even gone too deep with this one yet, so I know it gets even deeper & stranger too!

4-HO-MiPT is another one, though it's midfuck is a lot more on the fun/silly side, but it can drop you off in some weird places nonetheless. I remember the last time I ever smoked weed during the main portion of a trip (so glad I stopped smoking through my trips, much better without it just gotta be more sure I dose high enough) I was briefly dropped in one of the strangest states I've known, it was like some alien conciousness wanted to enter my head, but I wouldn't let it. Needed to spend a few minutes in a differet room after that to clear my head up, but as tends to be the case for such strange events I was quite amused afterwords, and perfectly fine for the rest of my trip & afterwords.

Really though dissociatives are the biggest mindfuckers, MXE or especially DXM will fuck your world up like nothing else if you dose up. But I can't exactly reccomend dissos as they eventually can be quite addictive & mess with your head far more than psychedelics. As well they're sort of "too good" for humans to know, they take you to heaven but then you can't stay there! Especially dangerous for highly introverted indivuals who never feel they belong such as myself, because being on dissos I finally felt "at home" moreso than anywhere else.

Last edited:
As for actual seratogenic psychedelics mushrooms, however people are including dissociatives also so I would have to say ketamine. Ketamine has bent my find far more than any psychedelic, it was the most bizarre, strange, mental thing ever at 250mg IN with not much of a tolerance. As for the least mental 25c-nbome

Salvia without a doubt, complete and utter headfuck that one =D your brain just starts to spew out absolute nonsense, leaving you in a state of profound confusion

Last edited:
When I first started tripping, I got more more disorienting trips than now. You learn to navigate these states of mind better and better with experience. For me this lead to much more useful, lucid and pleasant trips where I took more out of it, and I definitely prefer them nowadays. But some of those early mindfuck trips were epic, so I get why you would want to revisit that place.

I agree.

Over the year's im able to navigate the psychedelic mind-state much easier then in the initial stages.. which is great because i can refine the experience and enjoy it at the maximum possible level. LSD was the most mentally disorientating in the beginning for me; my thoughts were a massive entanglement of confusion.. i remember one of the first times with LSD i sat down next to a fire and watched an entire civilization rise and fall in the dirt beside me.. my imagination combined with LSD became so overloaded that i was worlds away from tangible reality...

Another time the bed i was laying in suddenly became a convertible car, the room i was in transformed into a beach side.. the sky was pink.. the car was moving, and i was watching milkshakes fly through the sky. It is so RARE for me to experience these trips.. that when i do i really relish the moment; it seems to be a perfect combination of letting go into imagination without attempting to understand the situation from a logical point of view, which is almost 95% of my LSD experiences.

4-AcO-DMT or strong mushrooms would take the cake. Generally I'd consider 4-subs to be good starter psychedelics, but not these two (kinda funny since they're most popular), these two can make me least functional of any psychedelic. Heavy doses of either (mostly 4AD but then it's been almost a year since I shroomed and I don't see added spiritual value in the act of eating mushrooms, though I understand & respect that perspective) are also the best way to knock me down and set my priorities straight when I need that- I basically come out the other side reborn.
e.

Even at 125mgs with no tolerance I found 4- AcO to produce a crystal clear mindset. At worst I'll have random fits of laughter, other than that its nothing but profoundly euphoric introspection accompanied by the most beautiful CEVs one could imagine. My mushroom experiences were similar. 7 grams always resulted in a strong yet peaceful trip, never were they dark or chaotic as some describe them. 90% of the time the "euphoric introspection" would cause me to cry tears of pure joy. Anywho.....Sorry for the off topic tangent, a ramblin man I am

Last edited:
It seems that people have a very wide range of variance in effects from 4-AcO-DMT... for me it's almost nothing whatsoever like mushrooms, it's like smoked DMT taken orally. It lasts for quite a bit shorter than mushrooms for me, and shorter than pure 4-HO-DMT. I wish it was more like mushrooms for me actually. Very clear mindstate though it can get muddy and soupy also.

I'm voting for smoked salvia divinorum extract; epitomises disorientation.

Mmm, nearly lethal doses.... I think that's a kind of disorientation I can do without lol.

That is quite fascinating how big of an impact that situation had on your trip, but it makes perfect sense. I don't think I've ever really had any stresses to deal with that were that strong while also tripping, but I can imagine how they would be blown up to critical proportions if I did, and then things could get a bit haywire. I'm glad you didn't have to carry her or anything.... The whole situation sounds quite anxious, lucky it was fine in the end.

Hm, so what you're saying is, I need to seek out super stressful situations while tripping hard if I want to really push myself out there, yesss....

No need to apologize either, I enjoyed your post. :)

Agreed. =D I refer you back to my previous post on this subject in this thread lol.

Well snorting DPT is next in line for me, so that works out just fine. :) It's not that I'm entirely against needles.... I have IMed DMT before. It's just not really something I'd like to do regularly, and I've also never done it by myself. I have heard that about DPT as well though. One of these days I'll have to try it that way... and 4-AcO-DPT as well.

It sounds to me like I would probably like MXE a lot more, as I found ketamine to be just lovely and I would definitely be looking for something similar in another dissociative, particularly if I were to use it with psychedelics. The name MXP is quite deceiving, I had assumed it might be more similar, heh. I'll definitely look into those threads, thanks for the heads up!

Hahaha, I've definitely been out there enough to mistake my own reflection for someone else! I really need to give this combination some more tries. X) Currently the ratios I've used are more LSD than mushrooms and about equal doses, so maybe next time I'll try more mushrooms than LSD like you did....

That's really interesting, because I found 4-HO-MiPT to be one of the most lucid, though it was hinting at becoming very out-of-body or hyperspatial the last time I took it, so I definitely think I need to try it again at a higher dose.... How would you classify DPT exactly? So far the consensus seems to be from what I've heard that it can be pretty mind-boggling. I feel you on how any psychedelic can potentially get you there too... but there are definitely some that do it better than others. But honestly I had one of my most mental trips ever TFMPP, though it was in no way enjoyable. It felt like the visuals of maybe 1/8th of a hit of LSD but the ego dissociation of like 6 or 7. Very nasty though, just cold and alien and quite physically unpleasant....

Hmm, well I may give them another shot, that sounds a lot more pleasant than eating all those morning glory seeds anyway.... Do you really feel that they could drive you *that* crazy? I mean don't get me wrong... I have heard of someone being sent into a weeks-long psychosis from them, so I'm not doubting you lol. I'm just not used to hearing people describe them as that powerful from those kinds of doses, I've definitely heard of higher (though pushing into physical worry). I would love to try the Rivea, I've always wanted to but just never seen them in stock anywhere.... Would you be willing to provide some compare and contrast versus the other LSA plants? I've always been curious about them but it's so rare that I see anything written about them.

That's hilarious about the boot too, hahaha. I can definitely get how it would seem important though, too many times I've been in those situations on psychedelics where things just seem a little TOO perfect, even if they're total nonsense. xD

If you count mixing DXM with a small amount of LSD, then yes I have lol. I once had a trip where I spent the whole peak convinced that I was locked in an insane asylum cell floating through a spirit dimension.... I wasn't even hallucinating that much at all, just incredibly mind-warped. That actually makes the 3-MeO-PCP sound pretty fantastic to me, but I'll definitely have to get a sitter for it.... Have you ever tried mixing it with psychedelics as well?

Literally this exact same thing happened to me when I took equal amounts of LSD and mushrooms!! And yes, I loved every second of it hehe. I was also mumbling to myself the entire time, but I was hearing my voice coming through the wall, interpreted as people talking in the room next to me. My vision was also triangular (top-heavy), with the very edges of it showing fractals cascading off into oblivion.... It was wonderful, the whole experience was really....

I get that too, but sometimes it almost feels like my psychedelics have followed a boomerang path, and the person who threw it failed to catch it when it came back. My first trips were fairly disorienting, and then they became lucid for a while, and now they're actually becoming more mental AND more hallucinogenic than ever before; I feel like I have some kind of severe reverse tolerance with psychedelics sometimes. I can take a dose of LSD that previously I could've taken three times as much and been very lucid, and now be out of my mind to the point of even blacking out and having my ego pulverized into oblivion. It definitely depends on the setting though too, and I think if I tripped more often again like I did back then it might switch back into being more lucid....

Good call on this, thanks for this post. :) That sounds really rough too.... I need to make sure I never let myself forget the importance of perfect set and setting.

Use more Shrooms. Definitely. I find Shrooms in higher doses more mind warping than acid.

I also did DOC and acid. A very long very powerful trip. It was like an extended LSD trip but even more weird.

You lots mention DXM. Great. I knoe it's not a psychedelic but I love that drug. I've done 850mg DXM and 4 blotters of LSD. Trippiest trip that I remember a number of things from. Last thing I remembered in that trip was lookin at a speaker where music was playin from and seeing a genie coming out of it. I've done DXM mixed with two different deliriant, was probably even more trippy but I don't remember much. I'd never advise anyone to mix DXM with deliriants. Crazy shit. I saw the roof turn into a blue laser show and saw a nuclear bomb explode outside. About 1 hour into a DXM and benzydamine trip. I don't remember much afterwards.