• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which method is better for hippie flipping???

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
so iv been thinking about hippie flipping and i have heard people say that it is better to take the pill first before taking the shrooms and i have also heard people say it is better to take the shrooms first that way the peaks coincide or whatever.

i would think that taking the shrooms first would be better that way you dont have to experience those nasty feelings you feel during an mdma comedown while still tripping on shrooms which i imagine being very unpleasant. yet i still hear about people taking the mdma first...

my question being is there an upside to taking the mdma first??? why do people do this??? does it have to do with safety??? like is there some kind of risk reduction for harm or negative health effects??? or for some other reason???

excuse my ignorance if this is common drug knowledge. i am somewhat new to drugs, especially psychedelics and drug combos and whatnot...

thanks

Everybody is different. I've only ever mixed MDMA with acid, never mushrooms because, although I've had plenty of opportunities, I've never really felt like it, but if it's anything like candyflipping, my advice is to take the MDMA when you're starting to feel the mushrooms so the peeks collide. They both last about the same amount of time, but if MDMA lasts less than shrooms for you, then make it so your comedowns will be at about the same time. Regardless how you do it, odds are you'll be peeking on both because they both have roughly the same timelines (for me, at least.)

There's no health risks involved.

Maybe some people take the MDMA first to avoid that shitty, shitty mushroom comeup? My 2 cents.

I've never had any unpleasant come-up with mushrooms, but the hours of lingering confusion after the peak can be taxing. I've never done MDMA but I've gotten the impression from those who have that its comedown is worse, though.

I would either take them together, or the MDMA about 30-60 minutes later. But really the duration of both is pretty similar and when you are tripping, I find the comedown from MDMA feels very gradual and mild compared to MDMA alone. So there isn't too much to worry about. With LSD, I could see the comedown maybe dampening the experience, but that is just because LSD lasts twice as long as the MDMA.

I once mixed acid, mushrooms, and MDMA. It was a long time ago, and the MDMA was ecstacy pills not molly, but I'm pretty sure we ate the acid first, then the pills, then the mushrooms, then more pills. It was definitely amazing, all good and no bad. I was with very good friends, experienced trippers only, and we stayed indoors and got very comfy and watched the Woodstock DVD, and I think we listened to a lot of music, don't recall much else because it was 10 years ago. I do remember that we walked into my neighbor's apartment (who was tripping with us) and there was a bat flying around and it scared my girlfriend of the time so I smacked it with a tennis racket and killed it. At first we couldn't believe it was real, then we felt really bad for killing something. Haha

But I all in all, definitely remember that it was very very good. No complaints, no negative effects, all good vibes.

Best of luck.

The timeline for hippy-flipping is far less skewed than candy-flipping, I either take em at the same time or dose the MDMA 30 minutes after, it doesn't really matter. The come-up may be pretty rocky depending on dose so if your one of the people with a sensitive stomach to either mush or MDMA, just be prepared. It usually settles into a tranquil state though, have fun :)

As with candyflipping, the order matters a bit, the first drug giving the overall flavor of the trip (if doses are appropirately proportioned).

Like others have said id go with the one im most comfortable with first, to get me in the roght mood then take the next. But since the durations are similar... It will more or less be fine either way... Just dont overdo the doses...