Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: Quentin Tarantino film!

Which is your favourite Tarantino film?

• My Best Friend's Birthday (1987)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Reservior Dogs (1992)

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Pulp Fiction (1994)

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Jackie Brown (1997)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Kill Bill Vol 1 (2003)

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Kill Bill Vol 2 (2004)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • DeathProof (2007)

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Reservoir Dogs. Easily. By far. I seem to be in the minority though.

I think I enjoyed Basterds more than Reservoir Dogs. But my vote would still remain PF

I love reservoir dogs. But natural born killers is my fav I know he didnt direct but he wrote the script.

I voted for my 2nd favorite film EVER (behind only The Shawshank Redemption), Pulp Fiction.

While Reservoir Dogs will always have a special place in my heart (it's my 11th favorite film EVER - and my 2nd favorite QT film ever - the specificity of Mr. Orange practicing his "pitch" was remarkable, and Buscemi should have won the Oscar that year for Best Supporting Actor, hands down) . . .

. . . Pulp Fiction, to me, possesses the exact same strengths that Dogs possesses (OFF-THE-CHARTS dialogue, acting, casting, non-linear presentation) PLUS it's SEXY.

And, in this QT-lover's opinion, Pulp is without peer as THE MOST RE-WATCHABLE FILM EVER.

If I am flipping channels, and Pulp is on (which, thankfully, seems to be a once-a-month occurrence) I will ALWAYS watch it from wherever I picked up until the closing credits.

Always.

Personality certain does go a long way.

And so does re-watchability.

I find both Kill Bill films to be "good" as opposed to "bad," but with that said, I found them to be FAR overrated - while they were certainly enjoyable to watch, neither of them sniffs my personal All Time Top Hundred Films (my brother summed Kill Bill II for me perfectly):

ME: "How was Kill Bill II?"

MY BROTHER: "You'll love it. BOTH lines of dialogue were fantastic."

My third favorite QT piece (behind only Pulp & Dogs) is THE FOURTH ROOM of Four Rooms.

If you haven't seen it, and you love QT - GO SEE IT & THANK ME LATER!!!

Great thread!

it's been many years since i last saw it, but four rooms was sweet for one amazing shot
tim roth reacting to the dead hooker in the mattress by simultaneously exclaiming and VOMITING something like "what the fuck is that?"
which was actually part of the rodriguez part i think. hilarious. :D

it's been many years since i last saw it, but four rooms was sweet for one amazing shot
tim roth reacting to the dead hooker in the mattress by simultaneously exclaiming and VOMITING something like "what the fuck is that?"
which was actually part of the rodriguez part i think. hilarious. :D

You are correct that that hilarious shot was indeed in Rodriguez's Third Room.

In my opinion, from the opening of The Third Room, through Marisa Tomei's brilliant cameo, and then closing, of course, with QT's Fourth Room was some of the best comedy I've ever seen in a film in my life.

The Third Room was laugh-out-loud funny almost non-stop (plus Banderas NAILED his character - arguably the COOLEST character in comedy film history, imo).

And the Fourth Room was as close to Pulp & Dogs as a QT piece has ever gotten to since, in my opinion, with respect to acting, dialogue, and suspense.

See it, people!

four rooms cemented tim roth as my favourite actor for many years following. he superbly turned a wacky jerry lewis type character and scenario into modernity and vicious, dirty adulthood. yeah it's a good'un f'sho. :)

another reason i prefer jackie brown is that it's one of the few (along with the kill bills and inglorious basterds) without an onscreen presence of captain mumblor himself. next to real actors, qt stands out quite a bit. :\