• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Mario video game?

which is it?

• Dr Mario (NES)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Bros (NES)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Super Mario Bros (NES/Famicom)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Super Mario Bros 2 (NES/Famicom)

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Wario's Woods (NES/SNES)

• Yoshi (NES)

• Yoshi's Cookie (NES/SNES)

• Return of Mario Bros (Famicom)

• Mario & Wario (SNES)

• Mario Paint (SNES)

• Super Mario All Stars (SNES)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Super Mario World (SNES)

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)

• Yoshi's Safarri (SNES)

• Dr Mario 64 (N64)

• Mario Golf (N64)

• Mario Kart 64 (N64)

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Mario Party (N64)

• Mario Party 2 (N64)

• Mario Party 3 (N64)

• Mario Tennis (N64)

• Paper Mario (N64)

• Super Mario 64 (N64)

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Super Smash Bros (N64)

• Yoshi's Story (N64)

• Luigi's Mansion (GameCube)

• Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GameCube)

• Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (GameCube)

• Mario Party 4 (GameCube)

• Mario Party 5 (GameCube)

• Mario Party 6 (GameCube)

• Mario Party 7 (GameCube)

• Mario Power Tennis (GameCube)

• Mario Superstar Baseball (GameCube)

• Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GameCube)

• Super Mario Strikers (GameCube)

• Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube)

• Super Smash Bros Melee (GameCube)

• Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Games (Wii)

• Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

• Mario Party 8 (Wii)

• Mario Strikers Charged (Wii)

• Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

• Super Paper Mario (Wii)

• Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

• Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)

• Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii)

• Total voters
Super Mario World. Easily one of my favorite games of all time! I couldn't even begin to count up the hours I spent playing that game as a kid. But every second was awesome!

Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario Kart - Double Dash! (Gamecube), Super Mario Kart (SNES), and Super Smash Bros. (Gamecube) round out my top 5.

SNES_Super_MarioWorld.jpg

all the carts kicked ass

i was high as hell one day and my buddy was showing me luigis mansion
he shined the flashlight and i saw the shadow of a spoook
and i was like whooooa

i gotta get this jazz
so luigis mansion gets an honorble mention

I can't believe nobody's picked Super Mario Galaxy. I like Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island better, but Galaxy is better than the original NES games.

I can't believe nobody's picked Super Mario Galaxy. I like Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island better, but Galaxy is better than the original NES games.

oh exactly.

i have so much love for super mario 3 (NES) and super mario world. not only are they nostalgic reminders of my childhood, but they're also ground-breaking in their own right. shit . . what NES game was even half as polished and sophisticated as super mario bros. 3?

but galaxy beats them both. they are great games but galaxy is absolutely amazing.

mario 64 noses out galaxy cuz galaxy was slightly easy to complete. i <3 them both big time. my two favourite games.... pretty much ever made.

had you just done the Mario series... i had picked Super Mario World.. but since you included every game mario was in.. i went with Mario Kart(snes) i kicked some serious ass in that game and learned all the little secrets in the game to get killer track times

I'm sure I've already bragged about this before on this site, but there is no one in the world better than me at Super Mario World. I played it so much that I can just fly around in the air and know when to drop down to hit a single turtle on any level and bounce right back up. People who have watched me play it don't believe their eyes, because the way I play it is patently absurd. I have reached the point where I just completely ignore the layout of the levels if that makes sense (like jump from here to get to there, etc.) On the first level of the second land, when you go into the pipe and the sky has like 3 long rows of coins, I have the ability no matter the time of day or how fucked up I am to fly perfectly and nab one row at a time without touching a single coin on another row. I can do it to the middle one too, without touching the top or bottom row of coins. We did a challenge where I was only allowed to be small mario via purposefully running into the first bad guy if I wasn't already small, and I still jumped around and bounced on turtles like I had a cape on - never dying once.

One of my friends still just likes to watch me play it for hours. What's funny, though, is he is an absolute master at Megaman X2 for SNES which I believe is infinitely harder than Super Mario World. He never dies and he gets every single secret including that tiger uppercut thing that is almost impossible to get unless you are superhuman. In Super Mario World everything is totally intuitive regarding the controls and the physics. One of my favorite things to show off is that I already have like 50 lives before the end of the second land, and obviously 99 when I get to the top of the cave land in that level where the spiky guys turn into silver coins.

I'm especially impressed with people who have mastered mario 64, though, since to me mario world is like playing on god mode without having to enter a cheat code.

I just got a DS and and am trying to master New Super Mario brothers. It's pretty awesome but nothing will ever compare to Mario World. Although I heard Galaxy pretty much owns. Don't ever see myself buying a Wii, though, unless someone gives it to me for $50. Even with my being a squaresoft fag, I must admit that Mario RPG is boring as hell. Mario 64 pissed me off because it didn't have any real magic to it like Mario World, although it would be nice to master the art of flying in that game. Mario 2 is very satisfying to beat. Mario 3 is of course awesome because of all the neat little secrets.

Last edited:
^ Video tape it and youtube that. I double dog dare you.

I get the feeling that a lot of people in this thread missed out on All Stars.

Yeah I'll video tape a run through. I don't go for speed or points or any of that bullshit, I just do ridiculous shit because I can. If I do it I don't want to use a camcorder, I want it to be like my computer recording itself however that works.

Last edited:
^looking forward to the vid.

i've clocked both m64 and mg multiple times. love every second of them both. looking forward to clocking mg a third time.

It won't be anything impressive, it will just look like someone dicking around and really incidentally beating the living shit out of that game like it's a joke. I may die once in a while trying to do something absolutely retarded, but that's how you test the limits.

I basically play it like I play chess, which means that I play it like I'm not scared of death. I will straight up run into bad guys like a football player lol, even if it means I lose my cape or something.

so i'm lazy as shit (comes with the territory of being unemployed). What is the best way to record a long ass video of my computer screen, ie what program?

mario cart for 64 <3

but damn, i forgot all about dr. mario, i also wub mario golf.
i miss my 64. mario cart for wii kinda sux.

i want mario chess!! is there a mario chess??

mario mario mario

so i'm lazy as shit (comes with the territory of being unemployed). What is the best way to record a long ass video of my computer screen, ie what program?

Wouldn't you be recording it from your television?

I don't know how to do this, but, I just have the console hooked up to a DVD recorder, and I record games that way. Then I can put tham on Youtube.